OT: Forbes Most Dangerous Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I hate to defend goat here but he has a point.

If the crime rate is the highest in one area, that doesn’t mean it’s high. Just means it’s the highest in that area.

like auburn scored the highest amount of points in their 3-2 victory. They didn’t score a high amount of points though.
We are talking about the highest murder rate per capita city in the entire USA, not Auburn winning 3-2. That's not perceived murders, they're real

Reactions: GomJabbar

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
It didn't help. Deindustrialization was a factor too. Look at the collapse of the family among working class whites, the deaths of despair among working class whites and the rampant meth and opioid addiction in former industrial towns when the factories shut down. It's just taken a few decades for this to happen in white community
Yep the Republicans are guilty as well. NAFTA basically destroyed small town America. Every small town used to have a factory or two, those jobs moved south to Mexico or overseas.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You are insisting for an example for something YOU said I said???

Here's what you originally chimed in to say was stupid, for reference:

"From what I can see in the red counties near the Coast, this is because those are the guys that flip on others. Get arrested, rat someone out, get released. Rinse and repeat. It's the dumbass kids just selling a little that get the prison terms. The real thugs work the system and get back out on the streets,and the cops and prosecutors are more than happy to see their numbers go up and play along."

I never said anything about a more serious crime, for just one thing, but that does appear to be the case.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Culture does matter but so do other factors. If more Americans behaved like Asian Americans, a lot of the dysfunctional behaviors would decline dramatically:

“If Asians were truly trying to assimilate, we’d get lower test scores…If the goal is assimilation, Asians should have more kids out of wedlock and go to prison more.”

https://societystandpoint.substack.com/p/the-irony-of-american-assimilation

Reactions: GomJabbar

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
We are talking about the highest murder rate per capita city in the entire USA, not Auburn winning 3-2. That's not perceived murders, they're real
I mean i don’t think Jackson is safe but the highest murder rate per capita could still be low.

Crime is down from 20 years ago.

Not sure about Jackson per se.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I enjoy these OT topics but I'd easily ditch them for a better baseball team.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Yes, I said that AFTER I gave you the sources you PREVIOUSLY asked for, that you still haven't read you window licking retard.

Insert glfr moving goalposts gif.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Yes, I said that AFTER I gave you the sources you PREVIOUSLY asked for, that you still haven't read you window licking retard.

Insert glfr moving goalposts gif.
I’m not moving the goal posts.

No upper level person is taking a plea bargain for a lesser sentence just to get a lower level criminal. I mean rarely if ever.

If you aren’t saying that carry on, boom boom room.

Fang1

Oct 1, 2022
No mention of ‘For profit’ prison corporations and their lobbyists?

free story: was on a business flight and got settled in, opened the laptop to review some stuff and the guy next to me is chatty beyond the “how ya doin” norms, asked me what I did (after peeping on the charts), I gave a brief explanation hoping he’d read a book, go to sleep or just shut up, he didn’t. So I asked what he did, “I’m a retired prison warden and now I work for (some private corp that builds and runs prisons)”, I promptly asked him if he didn’t see a conflict of interest in said corporations paying lobbyists to pass legislation which led directly to the prison population of non violent offenders increasing thereby increasing his companies profits?

he shrugged his shoulders, stammered and stuttered something like “well I don’t know”…..he knew blame well it was and that pretty much ended the chat.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I’m not moving the goal posts.

No upper level person is taking a plea bargain for a lesser sentence just to get a lower level criminal. I mean rarely if ever.

If you aren’t saying that carry on, boom boom room.
I never said "upper level person" or anything like it in the post you felt compelled to chime in on and call me stupid. So what you are doing is the definition of moving the goalposts you moron. But putting your idiocy aside, yes, they are. "Bosses" or whatever, no, I doubt it. If that's what you took from my post then there was your mistake. But hell yes "bigger" dealers are turning in "lower" dealers to get off. That was the point. That you missed because of your mental limitations. Now screw off you pathetic troll, your betters are busy speaking above your head.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I never said "upper level person" or anything like it in the post you felt compelled to chime in on and call me stupid. So what you are doing is the definition of moving the goalposts you moron. But putting your idiocy aside, yes, they are. "Bosses" or whatever, no, I doubt it. If that's what you took from my post then there was your mistake. But hell yes "bigger" dealers are turning in "lower" dealers to get off. That was the point. That you missed because of your mental limitations. Now screw off you pathetic troll, your betters are busy speaking above your head.
Yep you are an idiot.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login