OT: Frustrated Millennials

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
So many crusty old dudes in this topic talking about how much manlier they are than kids today.

The real answer is you crashed the economy in 2007/2008 in the dumbest way possible (greed fueled rampant speculation) just as we were coming out of undergrad, which hamstrung the **** out of us financially and professionally, and then you continuously implement policy that makes us poorer than any generation since the great depression.
Not sure that "any generation since the great depression" is true, but most of our stupid policies that result in regulatory capture, consolidation of different industries, high barriers to entry for more and more careers, increased energy costs, etc. are generally supported by people 30 and under.

Unfortunately for your narrative, we're also the highest educated generation of all time,
It's the generation with the most credentials. I suspect that it's probably less educated because you have a lot of people that would have been gaining real skills and knowledge in the work force or college in the past now getting degrees in majors that leave them knowing and understanding less than what they would if they had just not gone to college.

so we recognize what you are doing and we're not happy about it, but we're acting responsibly as we can through it and not starting the families that we cannot afford.
The drop in fertility is not driven by lack of resources. Fertility rates have gotten worse as we have gotten richer. There are impacts from short term phenomena like the financial crisis and pandemic, but that is not what has driven our steady drop in fertility rates. (nor do we know that the under 30 crowd is really going to be less fertile than the 30-40 crowd. They probably will be, but that's not guaranteed by any means.

Enjoy not having a service industry working class in twenty years because we aren't having kids. If you thought "no one wants to work anymore!" just wait a few years.
People will go back to work when they have to to get to consume. We can smooth over some problems in the short term by printing money and taxing people, but for the most part, short of a major jump in AI, low skilled people that don't want to work are going to have a change of heart when we can no longer avoid reality. It will be bad for most everybody at that point, but I think it will probably be worse for low skilled people when their is less production.

Feel free to continue taking no blame and blaming "kids today" like the generations before yours blamed you. Simple answers that absolve you of all responsibility must be really comforting, but I couldn't do the same because I live in the real world.
I don't think people are blaming "kids today". There are plenty of young adultls that are responsible. There are plenty of young adults that are just in an extended state of adolescence. The young adults in extended adolescence and their parents and other adults that influenced them can be blamed. Why would the responsible ones be blamed?

MaroonOil

Jan 13, 2021
So many crusty old dudes in this topic talking about how much manlier they are than kids today.

The real answer is you crashed the economy in 2007/2008 in the dumbest way possible (greed fueled rampant speculation) just as we were coming out of undergrad, which hamstrung the **** out of us financially and professionally, and then you continuously implement policy that makes us poorer than any generation since the great depression. Unfortunately for your narrative, we're also the highest educated generation of all time, so we recognize what you are doing and we're not happy about it, but we're acting responsibly as we can through it and not starting the families that we cannot afford. Enjoy not having a service industry working class in twenty years because we aren't having kids. If you thought "no one wants to work anymore!" just wait a few years.

Feel free to continue taking no blame and blaming "kids today" like the generations before yours blamed you. Simple answers that absolve you of all responsibility must be really comforting, but I couldn't do the same because I live in the real world.

All of this is 100% correct. It is happening and going on. President Regan’s trickle down stunk up to high heaven & failed. Good thing about our politics is, Democrats are just as guilty.

I got friends that want kids but can’t have them because of can’t financially support it. I can go on. It is better to rent then to own for some now.

The only way America can fall is within, this will be by the health of the USD & fairness.

You must be paid for what you are actually worth.

Accepting the status quo of working for less and not being able to talk about what you make with management is garbage.

The economy will go on but we are heading towards an economic class crisis. When does the middle & lower class workers finally rise up after being railroaded for so long? Most of the jobs aren’t short of workers, the problem is the pay isn’t good enough. In these dangerous times, people are taking more risks just leaving the house.

Millennials have already been through two Financial meltdowns of the economy. Sprinkle that with student debt on bad predator interest rates. Capitalism… smh yet most everyone strives to do better, so got to keep hope.

I’m fine for America to turn into Japan, minus our political freedoms. Everyone is mostly took care of and going in debt for essentials is nuts. Go visit sometime.

Last edited:

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
They’ll never know the joy of the bra section in the sears catalog.

They will also not get to experience the frustration of trying to unhook a damn bra and cop a little tit feel while in the backseat of a car.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
All of this is 100% correct. It is happening and going on. President Regan’s trickle down stunk up to high heaven & failed. Good thing about our politics is, Democrats are just as guilty.

I got friends that want kids but can’t have them because of can’t financially support it. I can go on. It is better to rent then to own for some now.

The only way America can fall is within, this will be by the health of the USD & fairness.

You must be paid for what you are actually worth.

Accepting the status quo of working for less and not being able to talk about what you make with management is garbage.
If you can't talk to management about what you make in this economy, then you are probably paid pretty well for your position. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but I dont' know of any profession where there aren't jobs available.

The economy will go on but we are heading towards an economic class crisis. When does the middle & lower class workers finally rise up after being railroaded for so long? Most of the jobs aren’t short of workers, the problem is the pay isn’t good enough. In these dangerous times, people are taking more risks just leaving the house.

Millennials have already been through two Financial meltdowns of the economy. Sprinkle that with student debt on bad predator interest rates. Capitalism… smh yet most everyone strives to do better, so got to keep hope.

I’m fine for America to turn into Japan, minus our political freedoms. Everyone is mostly took care of and going in debt for essentials is nuts. Go visit sometime.

The reason people have onerous student debt isn't because of capitalism. It was the government that made it legally safe to use college degrees to help make hiring decisions but legally risky to use tests that can be administered cheaply and quickly. It was the government that guaranteed student loans and subsidized interest so that school administrators could capture more and more of the gains from college education.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I have no idea how anyone can blame anyone other than theirselves for student loan debt. If you were dumb enough to rack up more debt than the alpha in wages your degree created, that's a you problem.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Women understanding that women in general are often viewed as sex objects, not all of them, and individual women not realizing that some men they're with may put up with loser personalities, or bipolar craziness, and stick around for quite some time just for the sex aren't the same thing, btw. Guess you missed that. It happens that some women don't realize why he hasn't put a ring on it and are surprised by breakups. Go figure.

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I would consider myself a gamer and I know one maybe two with all the people I’ve played with over the years that were into RPG. There’s a group of people who are into that but the vast majority of gamers are into action/shooters and sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login