OT: gruesome fight at an Auburn apartment complex

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

This one is hard to watch. From what I can gather from the comments, one guy said something to the other one at Skybar and the other dudes ended up following home just to fight.

My son will be in college before too long…. this **** is terrifying…. No idea what happened at the bar, but no words should ever lead to this. We have some massive mental health problems in this country.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah I have heard of **** like this happening. Not sure what was said but guy is already down

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I saw this earlier. Apparently the guy and girl went to the hospital and were released with minor injuries. I honestly do not see how.

And let's be honest. The guy doing the beating needs to be in jail for a long time, that's ridiculous. And the people filming it were enjoying it. Remember - these people are out there. But hey, at least the video may help with the prosecution of the guy.

The guy doing the beating seemed to be a little angrier than normal. Wonder why? Sickening all the way around. These are not just normal fights.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I saw this earlier. Apparently the guy and girl went to the hospital and were released with minor injuries. I honestly do not see how.

And let's be honest. The guy doing the beating needs to be in jail for a long time, that's ridiculous. And the people filming it were enjoying it. Remember - these people are out there. But hey, at least the video may help with the prosecution of the guy.

The guy doing the beating seemed to be a little angrier than normal. Wonder why? Sickening all the way around. These are not just normal fights.
In that thread, there’s mention that the dude was airlifted and broke a lot of bones, even the skull. The poor girl broke a collarbone and an arm and had a concussion. Not sure what to believe, really…. But, it’s horrific and would be a miracle if any of that was “minor”. I saw that they weren’t life threatening, which would at least be good news.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
In that thread, there’s mention that the dude was airlifted and broke a lot of bones, even the skull. The poor girl broke a collarbone and an arm and had a concussion. Not sure what to believe, really…. But, it’s horrific and would be a miracle if any of that was “minor”. I saw that they weren’t life threatening, which would at least be good news.

“Responding officers located two victims who sustained non-life-threatening injuries,’’ according to the department’s news release.

“Both victims were transported to area hospitals where they were treated for their injuries and released.”

That's what I was going off of. But yeah I saw those Twitter responses. It doesn't seem like they'd be released if they were bad injuries like what said. I also saw where they tried to ID the guy in that thread, but it was multiple people. That article said he was already ID'ed so I'm guessing those Twitter responses are BS.

Reactions: eckie1

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Too many people just have no self control and don't value human life. There are 4-5 murders every time you turn on tv. Many That stemmed from disagreements or argument or somebody dissed somebody.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We need to be teaching these kids Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and basic hand-to-hand combat skills (including handguns), rather than paying for travel sports.

Choose your kids' childhood wisely. This crap is only getting worse. Clowns like this guy are walking around everywhere just BEGGING for someone to say something they don't like. They love it and aren't worried about jailtime.

Remember that fight up on the Cotton District a few years ago? Those guys were in town ONLY to start stuff with normal people just trying to party and have a good time.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Too many people just have no self control and don't value human life. There are 4-5 murders every time you turn on tv. Many That stemmed from disagreements or argument or somebody dissed somebody.
This isn't new. per capita, murders are down drastically since the 1990s.

1694468379599.png

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

“Responding officers located two victims who sustained non-life-threatening injuries,’’ according to the department’s news release.

“Both victims were transported to area hospitals where they were treated for their injuries and released.”

That's what I was going off of. But yeah I saw those Twitter responses. It doesn't seem like they'd be released if they were bad injuries like what said. I also saw where they tried to ID the guy in that thread, but it was multiple people. That article said he was already ID'ed so I'm guessing those Twitter responses are BS.
I hope so…. If anybody was not seriously injured here, it’s a miracle. Wow.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
That is one of my least favorite things about today’s world. When something bad happens there is rush to grab a phone and record it and not enough thought about “hey maybe I should do something to try and help”.
If we all had cameras in our pockets at The Landing, there would be a video once a month in the late 90’s.

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022

This one is hard to watch. From what I can gather from the comments, one guy said something to the other one at Skybar and the other dudes ended up following home just to fight.

My son will be in college before too long…. this **** is terrifying…. No idea what happened at the bar, but no words should ever lead to this. We have some massive mental health problems in this country.

Black man beats white man... CNN headline I bet* And the mother 17ers with the camera. shouldve been them.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
This isn't new. per capita, murders are down drastically since the 1990s.

View attachment 403353
The conversations that I cannot fathom is how there is something wrong with people these days and we don’t value human life. There were almost 800 active serial killers at one point in the 70’s. It’s less than 100 now. Could you imagine what it would look like if 24 hour news and social media were around when Ted Bundy was roaming the country? Or the Atlanta Child Murders?

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
This is why I carry a Judge with me. BTW......a pawn/gun shop in Tipton Co., TN (north of Memphis) was robbed of around 160 handguns the other night. Sherriff's deputy caught the robbery in action, and tried to ram their vehicle, but failed to stop them. They were headed south on hwy. 51 back into Memphis/Shelby Co. Pursuing authorities failed to catch them. All those guns are likely being sold on the streets and here we go again.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
We need to be teaching these kids Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and basic hand-to-hand combat skills (including handguns), rather than paying for travel sports.

Choose your kids' childhood wisely. This crap is only getting worse. Clowns like this guy are walking around everywhere just BEGGING for someone to say something they don't like. They love it and aren't worried about jailtime.

Remember that fight up on the Cotton District a few years ago? Those guys were in town ONLY to start stuff with normal people just trying to party and have a good time.
Wait. So your suggestion to curb people beating the **** out of each other is to teach people how to beat the **** out of each other more effectively? And don’t give me the trained people tend to de-escalate things ********. I’ve been around enough people both martial arts and ex military to know that knowing how to fight typically makes you more likely to fight. I think back to those Landing fights and luckily all of the people involved sucked at fighting, were too drunk to do it effectively, and didn’t have concealed on them at all times. If someone said they were going to the truck that was your notice to leave, because they were pulling the Remington off the window rack.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Wait. So your suggestion to curb people beating the **** out of each other is to teach people how to beat the **** out of each other more effectively? And don’t give me the trained people tend to de-escalate things ********. I’ve been around enough people both martial arts and ex military to know that knowing how to fight typically makes you more likely to fight. I think back to those Landing fights and luckily all of the people involved sucked at fighting, were too drunk to do it effectively, and didn’t have concealed on them at all times. If someone said they were going to the truck that was your notice to leave, because they were pulling the Remington off the window rack.
Yeah. It’s a good deterrent, especially when a guy follows you home from a bar.

And I think we all agree that the aggressor in that video could use a beat down at the hands of a trained fighter.

There seems to me to be a group of folks who CAN and WILL fight and are bad guys, and the victims. We need more people who CAN and WILL fight, but aren’t bad guys. We’ve got to even that ratio. Need the middle group.

Last edited:

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Yeah. It’s a good deterrent, especially when a guy follows you home from a bar.

And I think we all agree that the aggressor in that video could use a beat down at the hands of a trained fighter.
It looks like the aggressor was a trained fighter. So little junior was taught Jiu Jitsu as a young tyke because his dad wanted him to be able to protect himself. Turns out he kind of became an ******* when he got to college and followed some guy home and used it on that guy and some chick.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It looks like the aggressor was a trained fighter. So little junior was taught Jiu Jitsu as a young tyke because his dad wanted him to be able to protect himself. Turns out he kind of became an ******* when he got to college and followed some guy home and used it on that guy and some chick.
Nope. The chances that two trained fighters engage is nil. The aggressor was just an angry dude who hates the world. The victim was a drunk frat dude in boots trying to get laid.

You’re clueless about reality.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
This will make him rethink his career choices.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I don’t think you understand what BJJ actual is. It’s not for fighting, it’s for protection. More defensive and self-DEFENSE than offense. Whaling away on someone is NOT one of its lessons.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
This is why I carry a Judge with me. BTW......a pawn/gun shop in Tipton Co., TN (north of Memphis) was robbed of around 160 handguns the other night. Sherriff's deputy caught the robbery in action, and tried to ram their vehicle, but failed to stop them. They were headed south on hwy. 51 back into Memphis/Shelby Co. Pursuing authorities failed to catch them. All those guns are likely being sold on the streets and here we go again.
Hopefully they stole some of those good bullets and they have a good gang war with minimal collateral damage.

• Haha
Reactions: WilCoDawg

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I don’t mind that those guys filmed the fight. I do mind that they were laughing about it the entire time and not calling the cops.

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
I don’t mind that those guys filmed the fight. I do mind that they were laughing about it the entire time and not calling the cops.
There are some laws in some states about not assisting aren’t there? No idea if anything would apply here, except should have called police.

No Seinfeld jokes.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
There are some laws in some states about not assisting aren’t there? No idea if anything would apply here, except should have called police.

No Seinfeld jokes.
I wouldn’t ask them to help other than calling the cops. Now if they wanted to, that’s on them. But call for help and not laugh at a couple being injured by a lunatic.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I have no clue what happened in this situation and neither do any of you. I’m always amazed how people will make a judgement of an entire person, situation based on a 35 second clip.

With that said, there was no justification for the guy continuing to beat the dude while he was obviously knocked out. But you guys are going thru all the normal stuff (lack of parents, worlds going to hell, etc…) and you really have no clue. Hell someone even brought up abortion.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I had the same thoughts. But, I think there’s a pretty direct correlation between not having good parents and bad mental health.

That's just being a worthless POS. In my opinion "mental health" gets thrown out all too often & it's an excuse. Furthermore, it's a disservice to those who have legitimate issues & diagnoses.

3dawgnight

Aug 27, 2012
I have no clue what happened in this situation and neither do any of you. I’m always amazed how people will make a judgement of an entire person, situation based on a 35 second clip.

With that said, there was no justification for the guy continuing to beat the dude while he was obviously knocked out. But you guys are going thru all the normal stuff (lack of parents, worlds going to hell, etc…) and you really have no clue. Hell someone even brought up abortion.
I don’t have to know what previously happened. Fighting is one thing, body slamming a small girl/young woman then returning to hit someone unconscious is another entirely.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011

No Seinfeld jokes.

Seriously doubt laws forcing you to assist would be constitutional. Those guys couldn't have helped anyway. It would have been over by the time they ran down there. They're still ******** for cheering it on and not calling cops.

Subway guy in New York was "just helping" and now facing murder charges. Plus you never know if someone's packing, even a knife.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login