OT: heartbreak in Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Algeria is in the process of joining the Eruopean Union. They are not Iran. They are a real Republic.
While I appreciate the inference that trans people having rights is a feature of a legitimate republic, no, I don't think Algerian society is supportive of trans people at any level beyond the privacy of their own home - if even that.

That being the case, I suspect the XY thing was bunk. But I haven't seen the genetic tests or personally provided a cup check to this person so I'll never really know.

Reactions: Dawgg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The people "concealing the truth" are the ones who claim she is a man when she objectively is not and has never been one.

In order to push that lie, they have to ignore the fact that Algeria is a notoriously anti-LGBT country and hope that everyone else ignores it too.

Social Justice Water GIF by NRDC

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Some of you are really obsessed with anything related to whether or not a person has a penis. Can yall consider going to chat with a mental health professional, instead of broadcasting your inner monologues on sixpackspeak dot com?

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Also, just for the record - Algeria isn't "in the process of joining the European Union" or anything close to that. They're not a candidate and haven't had preliminary discussions. And they're not even eligible to do so in the first place. Not sure where that notion came from.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Did you read the article? She may be a bit intersex, but she is not transgender and has never been a man.

Just think about it for 10 seconds - would a country like Algeria that puts LGBT people to death be likely to have one representing them in the Olympics.
A bit intersex? So you admit she’s not a woman just like I do. Glad we agree.

Ludus24

Oct 21, 2023
I wonder what the protocol actually is for the rare case of Swyer Syndrome. Too much of an advantage to compete with women but not enough of an advantage to compete with men? This particular case isn't necessarily about trans men competing against women but it certainly highlights why it should never happen in the first place lol.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Some of you are really obsessed with anything related to whether or not a person has a penis. Can yall consider going to chat with a mental health professional, instead of broadcasting your inner monologues on sixpackspeak dot com?
I think the obsession here is more around protecting women from mentally ill dudes, but I'm just spitballin'.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
This is the exact thought process that has led to where we are today. Continue to minimize one minor incident after another. It will eventually affect your life- it may not be today, hell it may not be in the next 10 years. But if we continue to allow insanity there will be consequences for you and/or your children.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
While I appreciate the inference that trans people having rights is a feature of a legitimate republic, no, I don't think Algerian society is supportive of trans people at any level beyond the privacy of their own home - if even that.

That being the case, I suspect the XY thing was bunk. But I haven't seen the genetic tests or personally provided a cup check to this person so I'll never really know.
The country is really democratic, and they are soft on a lot of issues most other Islamic nations are not because they are in the process of joining the EU. You are right most of their population are probably against it, but the Government is going to do what it needs to do to get in.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
I wonder what the protocol actually is for the rare case of Swyer Syndrome. Too much of an advantage to compete with women but not enough of an advantage to compete with men? This particular case isn't necessarily about trans men competing against women but it certainly highlights why it should never happen in the first place lol.
I'm not familiar with that particular syndrome, but there have been cases in female track athletes with unusually high testosterone production (in particular Caster Semenya of South Africa, whom lots of people on this board also insisted was secretly a man or transgender) being required to take drugs to lower their testosterone levels down in order to compete.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Did you read the article? She may be a bit intersex, but she is not transgender and has never been a man.

Just think about it for 10 seconds - would a country like Algeria that puts LGBT people to death be likely to have one representing them in the Olympics.

IBA president Umar Kremlev said DNA tests “proved they had XY chromosomes and were thus excluded."
No matter what he/she identifies as, the presence of Y chromosomes, even if a rare XXY person or one who has some XX and some XY chromosomes (we're talking about maybe 1% of the population), is by definition a male.

Reactions: MedDawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
This is the exact thought process that has led to where we are today. Continue to minimize one minor incident after another. It will eventually affect your life- it may not be today, hell it may not be in the next 10 years. But if we continue to allow insanity there will be consequences for you and/or your children.
You already went to a mental health professional and this is what they suggested saying as your look at yourself in the mirror? Man that's cool I'm proud of you.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
The country is really democratic, and they are soft on a lot of issues most other Islamic nations are not because they are in the process of joining the EU. You are right most of their population are probably against it, but the Government is going to do what it needs to do to get in.
This is just straight up false.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
oh for 17s sake.

As someone who has daughters who compete I’d say it’s a valid argument to have in sports where having XY chromosomes gives an advantage in almost every athletic competition. It’s about fairness to those girls and women who worked their *** off to earn that spot to compete at the Olympics or their high school track or swim meet or a college competition.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
But this isn't a case of transgender issues to begin with. There's no "minor incident" to minimize.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
You already went to a mental health professional and this is what they suggested saying as your look at yourself in the mirror? Man that's cool I'm proud of you.
You’re using that “mental health professional“ talk on people who you disagree with about actual people who need mental health professionals. It’s not sane for one to think they’re a different sex anymore than someone thinking they’re an entirely different species of animal.
Maybe you’re the one in need of mental health professionals as well if you think that men posing as women should be allowed to beat on actual women.
***it’s such a shame that one needs to put “actual” in front of “women” but this is the wackadoo world we live in now.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
East Gernany was doing this back in the day.

Seriously though, Olympics need to set a Testosterone level limit to be able to compete in women's events to protect women athletes. This would disqualify all the trans, hermies, or women who are boosting their testosterone.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
No matter what he/she identifies as, the presence of Y chromosomes, even if a rare XXY person or one who has some XX and some XY chromosomes (we're talking about maybe 1% of the population), is by definition a male.
Exactly. It's amazing to watch folks twist themselves in pretzels over when to cite science versus when to deny it.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
But this isn't a case of transgender issues to begin with. There's no "minor incident" to minimize.
You seem to be very invested in this one instance and seem to have inside knowledge that others don’t have.
Do you honestly think that a woman who has dedicated her life for this one moment would just back out because she was hit by another woman? She wouldn’t give up that easily.
Are you going to defend the Taiwan dude next?

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
oh for 17s sake.

As someone who has daughters who compete I’d say it’s a valid argument to have in sports where having XY chromosomes gives an advantage in almost every athletic competition. It’s about fairness to those girls and women who worked their *** off to earn that spot to compete at the Olympics or their high school track or swim meet or a college competition.
Maybe it could be more of a discussion than an argument? Maybe there's more to this than what we know from a couple tweets? And maybe lots and lots of people acting in good faith balanced your (legit) concerns with fairness to all participants, and this was the outcome? Or maybe the other athlete got completely robbed - I don't know! And frankly women's boxing just is not on my radar in any way.

I think you'd agree, there is a certain segment of society and this here board who cannot wait to WRRRRRRGRAAAAARRRRBBBLLLL I SEE TRANS PEOPLE AND I DONT LIKE IT at the drop of a hat? And that that is kinda weird?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Maybe it could be more of a discussion than an argument? Maybe there's more to this than what we know from a couple tweets? And maybe lots and lots of people acting in good faith balanced your (legit) concerns with fairness to all participants, and this was the outcome? Or maybe the other athlete got completely robbed - I don't know! And frankly women's boxing just is not on my radar in any way.

I think you'd agree, there is a certain segment of society and this here board who cannot wait to WRRRRRRGRAAAAARRRRBBBLLLL I SEE TRANS PEOPLE AND I DONT LIKE IT at the drop of a hat? And that that is kinda weird?
I have a non binary nephew so the trans/LGBTQ community isn’t some foreign thing to me. If you want to be that way I have no problem with it. You be you but I draw the line on things that create a competitive advantage.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I was expecting an actual rebuttal. This is weak, man. Pretty standard response though for the modern day liberal. You can’t counter with facts so you go straight for insults.

Let’s say this Algerian person was actually a woman. OK, fine. What about the Title IX rewrite that went into effect TODAY in the US via Biden administration. A quick google search will show you the harmful affects of this, including allowing biological men athletes complete and full access to women’s restrooms/lockeroom. Lemme guess, what your response is, “who cares? Why are you obsessed?”

Reactions: Mts68 and WilCoDawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I was expecting an actual rebuttal. This is weak, man. Pretty standard response though for the modern day liberal. You can’t counter with facts so you go straight for insults.

Let’s say this Algerian person was actually a woman. OK, fine. What about the Title IX rewrite that went into effect TODAY in the US via Biden administration. A quick google search will show you the harmful affects of this, including allowing biological men athletes complete and full access to women’s restrooms/lockeroom. Lemme guess, what your response is, “who cares? Why are you obsessed?”
You do kinda seem fixated on this issue tho

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I have a non binary nephew so the trans/LGBTQ community isn’t some foreign thing to me. If you want to be that way I have no problem with it. You be you but I draw the line on things that create a competitive advantage.
Sounds like we're probably 99% in agreement.

Obviously there has to be guardrails on anything - I have no idea how sports/IOC actually do this, but I assume they have some kind of working group made up of people in the sport, doctors, and other stakeholders. And it goes without saying, any group made up of humans is going to get it wrong sometimes.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
There are countries competing in the Olympics where a transgender person would get shot or decapitated in the streets and no one would bat an eye. Let’s see what they have to say. If there is no protest from them, I would question how real this is. regardless, it’s amazing to me how everyone is now 100% sure of what’s going on in every single situation that occurs regarding every possible subject in the world regardless of how many facts exist

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024

What are you saying is "Kinda Weird"? Why Do male athletes not take estrogen for a competitive advantage and female athletes have restrictions on testosterone? What's the difference between this Algerian boxer and not allowing female athletes to juice?

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
There are countries competing in the Olympics where a transgender person would get shot or decapitated in the streets and no one would bat an eye. Let’s see what they have to say. If there is no protest from them, I would question how real this is. regardless, it’s amazing to me how everyone is now 100% sure of what’s going on in every single situation that occurs regarding every possible subject in the world regardless of how many facts exist
The athlete in question is from Algeria, on of the most anti-LGBT countries in the world.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The athlete in question is from Algeria, on of the most anti-LGBT countries in the world.
Except it's not fake news. The Algerian boxer was banned from IBF championships because he is a male with the Y chromosome.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Allowing men to compete as women isn't progressivism, it's denial of reality. I and, I think, most others who consider themselves progressive think men in women's sports is insanity.
While I believe your post is sincere, and you personally may feel this way, reality is beginning to say otherwise. The current administration’s policies are in complete contradiction to “most progressives think men in sports is insanity”. Biden’s rewrite of Title IX went into affect today.

Edited to add: unfair of me to mention Biden as it relates to policy or anything of substance since he hasn’t been running this country for quite some time (if at all).

Last edited:

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Except it's not fake news. The Algerian boxer was banned from IBF championships because he is a male with the Y chromosome.
The "ban" was reversed after further testing.

Again, a country like Algeria is not going to allow a man or a transwoman to compete as a woman at the Olympics, even if the Olympics were to allow it. How is this fact not a huge red flag you?

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
Sounds like we're probably 99% in agreement.

Obviously there has to be guardrails on anything - I have no idea how sports/IOC actually do this, but I assume they have some kind of working group made up of people in the sport, doctors, and other stakeholders. And it goes without saying, any group made up of humans is going to get it wrong sometimes.
It is clearly evident that this thread kind of acts as a microcosm of the wider population and their cognitive dissonance (hypocrisy?). One post was spot on that one side seems to selectively rely on science (male/female is social while global warming is real or vise versa for the other side). Conversely, there is the crowd that says I draw the line at anything that creates a competitive advantage in something meaningless like sports, but I see no problem with things that cause a real competitive advantage in real life such as growing up in a stable home or even one with a 10 million dollar trust fund. That kid clearly has the same opportunity to make it as a kid who grew up with one parent working a minimum wage job. But I hate a competitive advantage! Sure you do.

Reactions: Dawgg and dorndawg

GoingforTew

Feb 3, 2022
Feel like Putins buddy (the head of the boxing committee that said Imane failed DNA testing) would have leaked that test at some point if that was really what happened. Other than his word no one has verified that it was DNA testing that Imane failed

Not a comment on men in women's sports just a comment on the validity of the test

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawgg and ckDOG

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
It is clearly evident that this thread kind of acts as a microcosm of the wider population and their cognitive dissonance (hypocrisy?). One post was spot on that one side seems to selectively rely on science (male/female is social while global warming is real or vise versa for the other side). Conversely, there is the crowd that says I draw the line at anything that creates a competitive advantage in something meaningless like sports, but I see no problem with things that cause a real competitive advantage in real life such as growing up in a stable home or even one with a 10 million dollar trust fund. That kid clearly has the same opportunity to make it as a kid who grew up with one parent working a minimum wage job. But I hate a competitive advantage! Sure you do.
So you think it’s hypocritical to point out it’s wrong for biological men to compete against women in sports because there are people born with certain social and economic advantages over others?

That’s the stupidest 17ing thing I’ve ever heard. I take back my respectful post to you prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login