OT: How many of you have watched all 180 episodes of Seinfeld?

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Yes, multiple times. Although the Puerto Rico Day one only probably a couple times. Is it on streaming?

Years ago, I thought I'd seen every episode but had somehow missed The Limo. Seeing it for the first time was like uncovering a prized relic.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I believe I have. I watch at least one episode a day. The Aids Ribbon Walk episode is probably one of my top 3 favorites.

dgsmith15

Nov 10, 2008
Right here. My freshman year flex was that I had downloaded every single episode. And this was years before they came to DVD.

Reactions: dorndawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Watched em all back in the 90s and probably saw all again at least once and most many times in the early 00s at college.
My dad geeked in em and used to program a vcr to record episodes off rerun so they would all be in order.
Did it with Sopranos too.
Boy was that a lot of wasted tape just 10 years later!

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
I've seen some episodes a few times but have only watched the series once, on Netflix I think.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Yes. Watched it straight through on Netflix multiple times on top of watching it for years on cable tv. I still watch it constantly on Netflix. Just start at episode one and watch all the way through and then just start over

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
My favorite way to watch was when they used to come on early evening on TBS in 1-2 hour blocks, seemingly at random versus being shown in order. It almost felt like having someone curate it, like a DJ. Obviously it helped to know the story arcs already, but those were always loose at best anyhow.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I Didnt Desus And Mero GIF by Bernie Sanders

I may have seen 1/4 - 1/2, maybe. I really liked some, but some were just intolerable for me. Anything w/ Puddy immediately has to be turned off. Same w/ episodes w/ Janice, Jerry' parents or involving the Yankees. The ones I typically watched were w/ George and his parents, Newman, or Kramer being featured.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008

I may have seen 1/4 - 1/2, maybe. I really liked some, but some were just intolerable for me. Anything w/ Puddy immediately has to be turned off. Same w/ episodes w/ Janice, Jerry' parents or involving the Yankees. The ones I typically watched were w/ George and his parents, Newman, or Kramer being featured.
You didn’t like the Face Painter/Go Devils episode with Puddy?

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

You could possibly be the only person on earth to not love Jerry's parents. Not enjoying Seinfeld as a show is perfectly reasonable, but Mortimer & Helen are gold, Jerry. GOLD!

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019

You are an anti-Puddyite, not that there's anything wrong with that. Although the episode of Puddy selling Jerry a car was pretty good.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I have seen a bunch but no way of knowing how many I have seen.
We are watching them again. We started Season 1 a week ago. One of the best sitcom series of all times. I'm sure we've seen them all at least twice.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I probably have seen all of them plus the sequel series, Curb Your Enthusiasm (except the last season)

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Seent em all. 3 times is probably the fewest I’ve seen any of them. Quoted or referenced probably 95% of them in daily conversation at some point or another.

Reactions: StateCollege

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
My favorite way to watch was when they used to come on early evening on TBS in 1-2 hour blocks, seemingly at random versus being shown in order. It almost felt like having someone curate it, like a DJ. Obviously it helped to know the story arcs already, but those were always loose at best anyhow.

This was me as well. It was a staple for a good part of my life, when times were much much simpler. I've seen every episode at least 3 times.
My favorite episode is the puffy shirt, and I'm sure I've seen it 1941 times but it may be less... or more.
I will say, the 1st season is just ok. But everything else was just so good. There were maybe 5 less-than-awesome episodes in the remaining 8 seasons. I think it still holds up well and watch it whenever its on, as recent as Sunday actually.

RivaDawg

Feb 26, 2008
As I have said on here before, I’m an old fart, have not seen a single episode. Have seen clips, just didn’t think it was that funny. I have a good sense of humor (I think), appreciate sarcasm, but it was not for me.

• Wow
Reactions: Msdeltareb

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Watching through them now for the first time, except for a few random episodes at times. In fact, I’ve been turning them on during our football games. So while the rest of y’all are getting pissed. I’m having a great time. Started that at half time of the Bama game.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
As I have said on here before, I’m an old fart, have not seen a single episode. Have seen clips, just didn’t think it was that funny. I have a good sense of humor (I think), appreciate sarcasm, but it was not for me.
Before I actually sat down and watched an episode or two, I remember thinking the same. Didn’t really pick it up until 2001 or 2002 or so, well after it had already aired its final episode. I didn’t think it’d be any different than Frasier or Mad About You or Friends or any other early 90’s sitcom. But its a totally different dynamic. Truly is a “show about nothing”, highlighting all the subtle nuance and oddities in day to day life. Nothing else like it.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I liked the episode where the geeky one had a pet monkey.
That would be Marcell the monkey but that's another series. I couldn't stand that "geeky one" so quit watching. May have seen 10% of those episodes, maybe.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Right here. My freshman year flex was that I had downloaded every single episode. And this was years before they came to DVD.
Downloaded? Back around 2002, a new roommate moved into our apartment. He pulled out a box of maybe 20 or so vhs tapes. I’m like - what the hell are those?

All of them were full of Seinfeld episodes he’d recorded

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I believe I have. I watch at least one episode a day. The Aids Ribbon Walk episode is probably one of my top 3 favorites.
There are so many good ones. My top three are probably The Marine Biologist, The Bet, and the one where Kramer finds the old Merv Griffin set and constructs it in his apartment. Honorable mentions go to the Kenny Rogers Roaster episode and the one where Kramer figures out he tans better when applying butter. And just about anything with Jerry Stiller in it is better than the ones without him.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Pretty damn sure I have, but now you've got me wondering. That was for sure, must see TV. I was in HS at the time and I could've been out with friends or the girlfriend, but I was always home on Thursday at that time to watch with my dad.

I may have to restart it, just to make sure.

seinfeld GIF

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
There are so many good ones. My top three are probably The Marine Biologist, The Bet, and the one where Kramer finds the old Merv Griffin set and constructs it in his apartment. Honorable mentions go to the Kenny Rogers Roaster episode and the one where Kramer figures out he tans better when applying butter. And just about anything with Jerry Stiller in it is better than the ones without him.
The merv griffin episode might be my favorite. But damn that’s hard to say for sure. There are so many great episodes

the episode where George is trying to get Susan to break off the marriage is also great. The scene where he lights up a cigarette in his living room is one of my favorite scenes of the whole series

Reactions: CochiseCowbell
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login