OT: How many of you have watched all 180 episodes of Seinfeld?

Poor Ol' State

Sep 26, 2023
It’s my go to every night.. almost like therapy. I have to admit that I normally start back over with season 3 as that is when it really hit its stride IMO.
Therapy you say?

serenity GIF

Poor Ol' State

Sep 26, 2023
There are so many good ones. My top three are probably The Marine Biologist, The Bet, and the one where Kramer finds the old Merv Griffin set and constructs it in his apartment. Honorable mentions go to the Kenny Rogers Roaster episode and the one where Kramer figures out he tans better when applying butter. And just about anything with Jerry Stiller in it is better than the ones without him.
I love them all, but seasons 5-9 is when it really hit its groove to me where every character had something funny about them. Seasons 8-9 are peak though. I mean between the chicken roaster, the jerk store, reverse peep hole, Twix at the dealership, little Jerry, festivus, serenity now, the nap, yada yada, summer of George, and everything else from those 2 seasons are pure gold.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Yes, multiple times. Although the Puerto Rico Day one only probably a couple times. Is it on streaming?

Years ago, I thought I'd seen every episode but had somehow missed The Limo. Seeing it for the first time was like uncovering a prized relic.
It's on Netflix. I had never seen it until I rewatched every episode on Netflix.

Reactions: dorndawg

Dawgs_4_life

Jun 12, 2014
I don't know for sure, but Id be shocked if there is one i have not seen. We went thru them all on Netflix. About 2 per night.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The merv griffin episode might be my favorite. But damn that’s hard to say for sure. There are so many great episodes

the episode where George is trying to get Susan to break off the marriage is also great. The scene where he lights up a cigarette in his living room is one of my favorite scenes of the whole series
George's monologue in The Marine Biologist is my favorite scene of the whole series.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli"

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Probably but have never took inventory to make sure. But how many of you have seen all 249 episodes of the The Andy Griffith Show unedited including the original epilogues?

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I love that show. I really like how backhanded they went at the oj trial. Loved the soup nazi episode too.

Once I was hooked, it really wasn't a show about nothing. It was a show that in some way would get you to think about daily interactions.

Reactions: Poor Ol' State

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Probably but have never took inventory to make sure. But how many of you have seen all 249 episodes of the The Andy Griffith Show unedited including the original epilogues?
I actually compare Seinfeld to Andy Griffith - Seinfeld is to me what Andy Griffith was to my dad....I'm sure my kids roll their eyes about me watching Seinfeld like I rolled my eyes about him watching Andy Griffith (although I enjoyed that show too)

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Thanks to TBS I'd seen countless hours of it over the last 20 some odd years but finally sat down and watched it front to back once it hit Netflix. I counted 7 episodes that I'd never seen before.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I Didnt Desus And Mero GIF by Bernie Sanders

I may have seen 1/4 - 1/2, maybe. I really liked some, but some were just intolerable for me. Anything w/ Puddy immediately has to be turned off. Same w/ episodes w/ Janice, Jerry' parents or involving the Yankees. The ones I typically watched were w/ George and his parents, Newman, or Kramer being featured.
I never was a big watcher of every episode but I liked the few episodes I did see of the show OK. I was kind of busy at that time and didn't really have every Thursday night available to sit down and catch that show. VCR was such a pain in the *** then. I have really thought about starting at episode number one and going through the episodes one more time to see if I'm missing something. I'm sure that I am.]\

ETA - so, after reading this thread again, I guess I need really to start with season three instead of one, right?

Last edited:

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I actually compare Seinfeld to Andy Griffith - Seinfeld is to me what Andy Griffith was to my dad....I'm sure my kids roll their eyes about me watching Seinfeld like I rolled my eyes about him watching Andy Griffith (although I enjoyed that show too)
Love both of these. However, sandwiched in between them is MASH, which I have just never found funny.

I have a theory that humor is very generational. When I see these Tik Tacs young folks sit and cackle at, I'm pretty sure it's simply vaudeville 2.0

BrunswickDawg

Aug 22, 2012
There are so many good ones. My top three are probably The Marine Biologist, The Bet, and the one where Kramer finds the old Merv Griffin set and constructs it in his apartment. Honorable mentions go to the Kenny Rogers Roaster episode and the one where Kramer figures out he tans better when applying butter. And just about anything with Jerry Stiller in it is better than the ones without him.
Agree - along with Jerry buying the car from Puddy and Kramer and the other sales guy seeing how far they can drive once the gas gauge gets to E.

I infected my kids with Seinfeld too - I think they can quote the show even more than I can.

BELdog

Aug 23, 2012
I’ve watched 0 episodes and from the bits and pieces I have seen here and there, I don’t know how anybody could sit through more than five minutes of that ****.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I only watched Andy Griffith for the Time Life Music collection commercials. They were so well done.

Reactions: dorndawg

dgsmith15

Nov 10, 2008
Downloaded? Back around 2002, a new roommate moved into our apartment. He pulled out a box of maybe 20 or so vhs tapes. I’m like - what the hell are those?

All of them were full of Seinfeld episodes he’d recorded
Yep. Got my dorm internet cutoff a couple of times, but it was totally worth it.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I call a certain circle of friends “jerk stores”. That was probably my favorite episode, along with the one where George wanted to be called “T-Bone”.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Maybe I haven't seen them all. I for sure don't recall this one, but it sounds hilarious.
Its fantastic.
George doesnt get what he wants, which is classic George.
Kramer is lazy, which is classic Kramer.
Jerry gets into a situation that is based on miscommunication and misunderstanding, which is classic Jerry.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login