OT: If you were in the woods and Big Foot Attacked what weapon do you want?

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I'd be happy to turn that animal into delicious human food,

But posing it like a trophy with a ridiculous revolver on it would never cross my mind.

Well, sorry. And I don’t think my revolver is ridiculous.

With the amount of practice it took for me to learn how to shoot that thing accurately, that doe is a trophy in my mind.

Last edited:

MSUCE99

Nov 15, 2005

With the amount of practice it took for me to learn how to shoot that thing accurately, that doe is a trophy in my mind.

Ignore the haters, my man. It’s not everybody that can take a deer with a handgun. Congrats! And nice weapon. What scope are you using?

MSUCE99

Nov 15, 2005
Henry too.

Most of us in the 'Sip own the cheap H&R Hand-Rifle (single shot breech load) that is/was legal for primitive weapons season (I think now you can use any rifle on private land). It is not a pleasant rifle to shoot.

Walmart had an epic closeout on the 1895 Classics several years ago, and I was fortunate to be able to pick up a $700 lever action 45-70 for $350. Then I sent in for the $50 off Marlin rebate, so I got the Marlin for $300. What an absolute steal.

My primitive weapon of choice has been a 357 Magnum handi rifle that I reamed out to 357 Maximum.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Have the single shot version

Henry too.

Most of us in the 'Sip own the cheap H&R Hand-Rifle (single shot breech load) that is/was legal for primitive weapons season (I think now you can use any rifle on private land). It is not a pleasant rifle to shoot.

Honestly prefer to hunt with it over the 7mag I have. Usually in a shooting house, shots 100 yds or less, and a fair amount of brush. The barrel length is shorter which makes it easier to move around quickly in the shooting house. Don't have to worry about bumping the barrel on the wall.

Prob wouldn't want to shoot a box through it but 1 round in the woods is ok.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Sorry, I was ruder than I should have been. Can't say I understand the mindset of hunting deer with handguns when there are much better options, but I'd never deny anyone's right to follow their passion, as long as it's legal.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
Question would be, how can you tell from distance? You don't want to guess wrong and end up on the wrong end of a male you just called "ma'am".

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login