OT: InBev selling 8 beer brands, including employees and brewery facilities.

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
I’ve been reluctant to post any on the countless beer threads but I’ll bite. AB has lost 1% of global sales due to the Bud Light ban. 1%. That’s all. Now what is actually happening is in the US, particularly the southeastern US, sales have dropped on a local level much greater. AB does not employ the guy you see at the grocery store or gas station stocking the shelves or taking the orders. Those people work for the local distributor, most of whom work on a form of commission. So ask yourselves who do you think is being effected by the ban? AB or the guy working 8-5? And as for the sale of those 8 breweries, all but shock top aren’t offered on a national distribution system. They won’t be missed one bit.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
How is that possible?

They are up in value over the past year...

Market Summary > Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA
56.50 USD+1.48 (2.69%)past year
My link was from ground zero in June. Maybe they’ve rebounded since, but it would be hard to fathom going from that to a gain.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I’ve been reluctant to post any on the countless beer threads but I’ll bite. AB has lost 1% of global sales due to the Bud Light ban. 1%. That’s all. Now what is actually happening is in the US, particularly the southeastern US, sales have dropped on a local level much greater. AB does not employ the guy you see at the grocery store or gas station stocking the shelves or taking the orders. Those people work for the local distributor, most of whom work on a form of commission. So ask yourselves who do you think is being effected by the ban? AB or the guy working 8-5? And as for the sale of those 8 breweries, all but shock top aren’t offered on a national distribution system. They won’t be missed one bit.
Bud Light was flowing pretty heavy on the cruise I was on this weekend. Miami departure so pretty different culturally that what is represented in the markets they are taking a hit in. Cubs game at Wrigley a couple weekends before was a different story. Bud Light was one of the few feature taps and cans there since AB is a major advertiser at Wrigley. It may have well been arsenic. Nobody was touching it from what I could tell.

Reactions: eckie1

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Who knew Americans were so bigoted against people different from them so much so that they would boycott a product based on a commercial? 🙋‍♂️

Reactions: mstateglfr

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I hear ya, and it’s the same argument with boycotting Target, etc. for the multitude of reasons people do. It affects the low level workers more than anything.

lnBev may have gotten InBed with some sh1rt they never meant to, though. I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that 1% of their global sales would comfortably pay my mortgage about eleventy billion times a month.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Bud Light was flowing pretty heavy on the cruise I was on this weekend. Miami departure so pretty different culturally that what is represented in the markets they are taking a hit in. Cubs game at Wrigley a couple weekends before was a different story. Bud Light was one of the few feature taps and cans there since AB is a major advertiser at Wrigley. It may have well been arsenic. Nobody was touching it from what I could tell.
We were there a year ago, way before any of this, and it seemed about the same. The Old Style was flowing, tho…

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
We were there a year ago, way before any of this, and it seemed about the same. The Old Style was flowing, tho…
I tried the Goose Island wheat beer (also AB InBev). It was so bad I'd be okay when them bankrupting for that piss water alone. It was a special kind of bad.

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
I hear ya, and it’s the same argument with boycotting Target, etc. for the multitude of reasons people do. It affects the low level workers more than anything.

lnBev may have gotten InBed with some sh1rt they never meant to, though. I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that 1% of their global sales would comfortably pay my mortgage about eleventy billion times a month.
See this is where you’re wrong and why most people boycotting Bud Light have no idea who is actually being effected. Target employs Target employees. The distributor employs the guy losing sales and commissions.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I tried the Goose Island wheat beer (also AB InBev). It was so bad I'd be okay when them bankrupting for that piss water alone. It was a special kind of bad.
Ooooof, that’s disgraceful. They were one of the original Chicago microbreweries, and I’ve been there many times! The 312 used to be solid, along with most other things.

We saw on a tour last year that they brew a lot of their InBev brands in STL…. I didn’t love it when they bought Goose.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
college gameday sport GIF

Overstock bought the rights to the name and is using it.

The OG BBB has gone to the Great... Beyond.
Oh for sure- its just a name and some auctioned off inventory and not the real thing.
I read that the ceo of overstock said their ticker name may change since BBB is now part of the company. Odd to me, but I am no ceo so what so I know.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
See this is where you’re wrong and why most people boycotting Bud Light have no idea who is actually being effected. Target employs Target employees. The distributor employs the guy losing sales and commissions.
Boycotts of Target targets the Target employees. They’re all targets.***

Lack of sales and demand kills InBev corporate on down the line. Definitely by now, for sure. They could possibly have to lay off brewers, who would then have to learn to code. It’s no difference than Target having to pay off staff that’s not needed due to lack of sales.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The MyPillow guy's net worth has actually increased since you cancel culture freaks started going after him.
Source?
I don't know what he was worth before he spewed lies and conspiracies. I don't know what he is worth now that he was ordered to pay $5MM to the coder that disproved Lindell's election lies, don't know what he is worth now that he had to borrow millions just to stay afloat, and don't know what he is worth now that he sold multiple buildings to stay afloat.

Can't say I pay attention to him, but curious now that you say he is worth more after all that.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
As for Bud Light, I have be been boycotting it forever, it's an awful beer.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Ooooof, that’s disgraceful. They were one of the original Chicago microbreweries, and I’ve been there many times! The 312 used to be solid, along with most other things.

We saw on a tour last year that they brew a lot of their InBev brands in STL…. I didn’t love it when they bought Goose.
Maybe it was a bad keg. I've enjoyed some of their other beers, but that was years ago and before the InBev purchase. I'm sure they've leaned up as much as they can to stretch the margins at the sacrifice of quality.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

$85M seems like a decent deal for all those brands, employees and breweries. Seems like a smaller company could grow the brands by providing more focus, marketing, mfg efficiencies, etc.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Who knew Americans were so bigoted against people different from them so much so that they would boycott a product based on a commercial? 🙋‍♂️
agree - i mean damn who is not for drugging and mutilating children to control population

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
This seems more like a strategic move by Tillray to establish a craft beer distribution system and perhaps expand into the cannabis market.

InBev's total profits are fine. They bought up a bunch of craft beers when that was the hot market and now they are dumping brands they really didn't know what to do with.

Not everything InBev does is based on lost sales of Bud Light.

My other theory is that, forced to drink different beers, Bud Light drinkers discovered most AB beverages suck.

Aug 22, 2012
I don’t drink InBev products unless I’m at the place with the worst beer selection in town. But, I’m amazed at how much their stunt has cost them.

IDGAF if you’re trans, gay, pan, whatever. At all (unless it’s time for some junior high humor, then you’re gay). To each their own. But, this has to be one of the all-time corporate fails I’ve ever seen.

Somewhere in the distance, Terrance and Phillip fart in each others faces: InBev sale to Canada
Sounds like someone just learned about corporate mergers and acquisitions shell games for the purpose of juicing quarterly profits and maximizing returns on shareholder investments through stock buybacks.

Good for you!

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Been waiting on a Fosters Lager verdict here. About the only beer I never finished, cool can though.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
The MyPillow guy's net worth has actually increased since you cancel culture freaks started going after him.
If you are cheering the bud light sales nosedive then I would say calling the other side cancel culture freaks is peak pot and kettle.

I think it’s hilarious. I don’t drink bud light because it tastes like Piss water. I don’t sleep on a my pillow because there are better pillows. I

Reactions: ChE1997

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
agree - i mean damn who is not for drugging and mutilating children to control population
Wait what now?
Who advocates for population control by drugging and mutilating children?

This is a new one for me so forgive my ignorance- its difficult to keep up.

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
If you are cheering the bud light sales nosedive then I would say calling the other side cancel culture freaks is peak pot and kettle.

I think it’s hilarious. I don’t drink bud light because it tastes like Piss water. I don’t sleep on a my pillow because there are better pillows. I
"The MyPillow guy's net worth has actually increased since you cancel culture freaks started going after him."

where in this post did I cheer the bud light nose dive?

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
My link was from ground zero in June. Maybe they’ve rebounded since, but it would be hard to fathom going from that to a gain.
It may be "hard to fathom" but the Green numbers mean that the stock price and therefore the market cap has increased since this time last year. If it was down in June (which was not the 52 week low either), But it's not down now.

“Our business delivered another quarter of profitable growth. Revenue increased by 7.2% with an EBITDA increase of 5.0%. We continue to invest in our strategic priorities for the long-term. – Michel Doukeris, CEO, AB InBev

Last edited:

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020

"The MyPillow guy's net worth has actually increased since you cancel culture freaks started going after him."

I said if. I know plenty of people who are cheering the bud light collapse and actively boycotting it while calling anybody who doesn’t like conservative stuff cancel culture freaks. If you are not one, my apologies for the insinuation. Was more making a point of how ridiculously hypocritical both sides are

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Again- source?

And again- the guy that sued Lindell and won the $5MM voted for Trump. He disproved Lindell's baseless claims by combing thru a bunch of nonsensical Excel data and showed it was not data about the election, much less proof of voter fraud. The files were even marked as having been edited shortly before the contest was held- it wasnt even a good attempt to create fake data by Lindell.
Lindell has been skewered because he has outright lied and hurt people's livelihood. If society chooses to not pay attention to the crazy man on the corner preaching the end of days, that isnt cancelling the crazy man, its just not focusing on the crazy man's claims.

Reactions: ChE1997

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
When I went to State, I used to buy a case of Stroh's ("fire brewed"!) at the grocery store. Anyone remember that? I haven't seen any in decades.
I drank a good bit of it in the late 70's and 80's. They sold out to Pabst years ago and eventually Pabst stopped production of it.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
It may be "hard to fathom" but the Green numbers mean that the stock price and therefore the market cap has increased since this time last year. If it was down in June (which was not the 52 week low either), But it's not down now.

In a related matter from last week, "AB InBev said Thursday that US revenue fell 10% in the second quarter as sales of its top brand slumped."

"Sales to US retailers declined by 14%, under-performing the wider beer industry, primarily due to the decline in the volume of Bud Light it sold, the company said in a statement"

"Revenue fell $395 million in North America during the period, compared to the same time a year ago."

Bud Light controversy cost parent company about $395 million in lost US sales

Reactions: patdog

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
In a related matter from last week, "AB InBev said Thursday that US revenue fell 10% in the second quarter as sales of its top brand slumped."

"Sales to US retailers declined by 14%, under-performing the wider beer industry, primarily due to the decline in the volume of Bud Light it sold, the company said in a statement"

"Revenue fell $395 million in North America during the period, compared to the same time a year ago."

Bud Light controversy cost parent company about $395 million in lost US sales
And they still made 8.1 billion in Q2....

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Been waiting on a Fosters Lager verdict here. About the only beer I never finished, cool can though.
Fosters isn’t great, but I’ve thrown down a few oil cans in my life…. Been a while, though.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
And they still made 8.1 billion in Q2....
Yeah, I bet they're just like a parent, and proud of all of their kids. Even though the North American one failed school and lost $395million more than it did same period last year, they still love it.......

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Who cares? All this reminds me of the comments made during the civil rights era, and guess what.... southern white men didn't look good after that one either. The Bud Light stuff actually makes me think two things. Guys that have an issue with it have penis size issues, and/or their overly loud defiance actually protests too much about their latent homosexual desires. Don't be ashamed fellas. Come on out of the closet.

Other than sports competition, I am 100% don't give a **** what sexuality you are or are not. I will be respectful to your wishes and if I get your pronoun incorrect I will try to get it correct next time.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login