OT: Inexpensive Grill

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Weber Kettle. Used to have one and had a smokenator which made great pulled pork. Have a Green Egg now, gotta keep up with the neighbors, which I like but if it cracks and I need something new, I'm getting a Kettle on one of those carts. Stand alone is fine, though, but get the ash catcher. Weber honors warranties and send you free replacement parts. Easy to make good bbq and grilled food on the Kettle and Sams and Costco have cheap Kingsford.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
1. A gas grill is fine if you're a man bun sportin', skinny jean wearin', seltzer sippin' fella who likes gettin' pegged by his old lady. Go ahead and get the purse holder attachment too.
2. Find a Weber Kettle on FB marketplace, you'll never need to upgrade.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If you keep them clean and dry they last forever too. If you ever do upgrade to something nicer a Weber is great to have as a backup or supplement. They can cook just about anything. I have cooked steaks all kinds of different ways but nothing does as well as my Weber Kettle.

I have a small version that I cannot get rid of. Just too invaluable.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
ANOTHER vote for the Weber 22"... I got the Master Touch, "Bro-n-Seared" the baskets, got a Vortex, a pizza stone, gasket sealed the lid, and drilled a port for temp probes.

With the Weber I can cook almost any damn thing I want, except rotisserie, and I found a way to make that happen on the Weber for cheap...

I upgraded a few years ago from a 18" Weber that I've had for over 20 years. It's sat outside, uncovered, all the while. Other than replacing the grates a couple of times and the butterfly vents once, It's still as capable as the day I bought it.

I've been tempted by other grills/smokers but I've never strayed.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
Vortex will change your life cooking chicken. Easy enough to make yourself too with sheet metal and tin snips.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Parts are easy to get. I got a weber 2 burner for $199 at Lowes. It's lasted me 6 years so far. I do keep a cover on it. I've replaced the burners once to the tune of $30. It is about to rust itself out of commission. I've gotten my money's worth.

I'm simply not fooling with charcoal if all I need to do is grill a pack of Conecuh or 4-6 burger patties. With a gas grill, I can be eating my burgers by the time the coals get right on a kettle grill. Not to mention I don't have to 17 around with charcoal and ash.

I'll never use a kettle again. Don't get me wrong, I like the taste of charcoal, but I don't like it enough.
Weber 2-burner is $539 at Lowe's right now. I was going to grab one but nope. I'll wait a while and see what happens. That price is insanity.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
We have a charcoal kettle grill and a propane grill but the propane has seen better days. Just picked up a Char Broil at Lowes on sale for $178. It's the 5 burner Performance Series with the side burner and includes a griddle. Couldn't believe they had it for that price. Wasn't ready to buy one but at that price . . .

It was a father's day left over.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Do you live close to a Mike's Merchandise? They are a chain like Big lots here in Alabama. They buy scratch and dent grills and floor models from Lowes and HD. Then sell them for about half what Lowes and HD does.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login