OT: Memphis Dawgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
If there are any protests or riots in the streets tonight what else do they want? All officers involved have been arrested and charged with second degree murder. I've told my wife to leave work at 4 today to avoid anything that may happen on 240 today.

I honestly feel like the national media is trying to make this bigger than what it is on the local level.

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
My oldest daughter works downtown and will be there late tonight. I'm hoping there won't be much trouble but first sign of anything, I'll be heading down there to bring her home.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
My oldest daughter works downtown and will be there late tonight. I'm hoping there won't be much trouble but first sign of anything, I'll be heading down there to bring her home.
A lot of downtown businesses are closing early today. They're expecting trouble down there.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I'm sure there will be folks from out of town looking to loot and help destroy communities they don't live in.

Praying that the combo of swift repercussions and cooler weather tempers any hot heads out there...

Reactions: aTotal360

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I'm sure there will be folks from out of town looking to loot and help destroy communities they don't live in.

Praying that the combo of swift repercussions and cooler weather tempers any hot heads out there...
That's what typically happens. The rioting that's been happening in Atlanta recently is a great example....Atlanta police are publishing pictures and IDs of people they're arresting and they're all young white kids from up north and out west who came into town to riot and cause trouble. Makes you wonder who's funding stuff like that.

I don't know how to even quantify this and if it's related, but a dude told me that all the hotels downtown are booked at capacity this weekend.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
That's what typically happens. The rioting that's been happening in Atlanta recently is a great example....Atlanta police are publishing pictures and IDs of people they're arresting and they're all young white kids from up north and out west who came into town to riot and cause trouble. Makes you wonder who's funding stuff like that.

I don't know how to even quantify this and if it's related, but a dude told me that all the hotels downtown are booked at capacity this weekend.
we all know who is funding it

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
i sincerely hope and pray your daughter will be alright and that you will not have to go non quietly into that night, but damn, that sounds like bad a z z Hollywood movie. and i do mean bad as in good.

Reactions: MaxwellSmart

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007

The Atlanta kids arrested were funded by trust funds it appears. Seems to be a well off bunch bored with life and convinced they can save society by lighting it on fire. Great bunch of kids.

Last edited:

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
That's what typically happens. The rioting that's been happening in Atlanta recently is a great example....Atlanta police are publishing pictures and IDs of people they're arresting and they're all young white kids from up north and out west who came into town to riot and cause trouble.
One of the ones arrested in Atlanta is also a big “climate activist”

He is from a wealthy family where his father makes a lot of money selling yachts.

This is the low common denominator you deal with out there now.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

During the BLM protests there was a guy who organized the protest/march in Memphis and he stressed that it would be peaceful and it was….except for the people who caused trouble and tried to start a riot who happened to not even be from Memphis.

Reactions: msstatelp1

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
During the BLM protests there was a guy who organized the protest/march in Memphis and he stressed that it would be peaceful and it was….except for the people who caused trouble and tried to start a riot who happened to not even be from Memphis.
Chaos agents. They just like to watch the world burn.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
If I were the governor, I'd impose martial law make an example of those folks. Not the protestors, but the rioters. Right now there's no deterrent or serious consequence for it.

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
I was in Baton Rouge a few years ago when Alton Sterling was killed. All the locals were doing peaceful protests and they actually had an event where the police and locals came together to talk it out. All the crazy things you saw were from people not from the area. I think one of the reasons we see riots is the media focuses on the crazy and not the good.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Yeah Don Lemon camped out at the city hall in Memphis or wherever he has been camped out for the last few days egging it on is probably not helping anything.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
A lot of downtown businesses are closing early today. They're expecting trouble down there.

I just checked with her and she's going to be there very late unless things go south to the point they let her close early.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
Just telling you what I was told. I'm glad you are seeing otherwise.
Just like my previous post, people are trying to make this bigger than what it actually is. I understand that you are just relaying something someone told you but a simple google search can verify the claim. People will believe what they want to believe.

My boss is a HAM radio operator and walks around with a tin foil hat on. He honestly thinks downtown is going to burn to the ground this weekend.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
They were fired and charged very soon after this all became public. The city is even looking to cease all scorpion(unmarked) units. I think they have handled it about as well as they could after it happened. There was a peaceful vigil last night. I hope and pray it is peaceful this weekend. Everyone is being cautious right now in case something does happen.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
If there are any protests or riots in the streets tonight what else do they want? All officers involved have been arrested and charged with second degree murder. I've told my wife to leave work at 4 today to avoid anything that may happen on 240 today.

I honestly feel like the national media is trying to make this bigger than what it is on the local level.
They want a new TV, some liquor, a Gucci bag, a new IPhone, and whatever else isn't nailed down .

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
The Atlanta kids arrested were funded by trust funds it appears. Seems to be a well off bunch bored with life and convinced they can save society by lighting it on fire. Great bunch of kids.
Not uncommon for people who don't have to worry about work and money to struggle to find meaning. Religion is a common place to find it. Christianity and Judaism are mostly out of favor in the social classes these people come from, plus being good and working for others is not as satisfying for shitheads as setting stuff on fire and being violent and pretending they are important and warriors for their religion.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Would love to see the read-out on the make-up of the joint task force for this one. Guaran-damn-tee you that there are significant federal, multi-state, and local assets deployed. Staged, resourced, ready. Maybe things stay calm and those assets will remain closeted. We can hope.

Reactions: aTotal360

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
They were fired and charged very soon after this all became public. The city is even looking to cease all scorpion(unmarked) units. I think they have handled it about as well as they could after it happened. There was a peaceful vigil last night. I hope and pray it is peaceful this weekend. Everyone is being cautious right now in case something does happen.
I'm leaning towards mostly calm with a flare up here or there instigated by the folks mentioned earlier in this thread. If the video is as has been alluded to and the cops were still employed and with the commentary of "back the blue" being thrown out there by many, I'd put my money on chaos. Nothing about the response has resembled that so I'll remain optimistic until thing go south....

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
Link and context please...
Find the transcript from her press conference yesterday. Pretty easy to do

Her exact words
"I expect our citizens to exercise their First Amendment right to protest, to demand action and results"

Last edited:

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
They want a new TV, some liquor, a Gucci bag, a new IPhone, and whatever else isn't nailed down .
If they can get an iphone I may join in. I have a 14 pro ordered that was supposed to have been delivered 1/19 and this morning I got an email saying it may not ship until early March. And this is the second such email I got from CSpire so who knows if that date will even hold?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Twitter is so awful. One search for an update on this issue yielded that America is now racist because the police officers were fired/indicted so quickly.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Find the transcript from her press conference yesterday. Pretty easy to do

Her exact words
"I expect our citizens to exercise their First Amendment right to protest, to demand action and results"
Was there a nudge and a wink when she said that or are you assuming the worst? That statement is simply reciting a core American value and right. Maybe she's a chaos agent as well, but I have no reason to believe that. Why would a police chief want her community to suffer? Fill us in...

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Was there a nudge and a wink when she said that or are you assuming the worst? That statement is simply reciting a core American value and right. Maybe she's a chaos agent as well, but I have no reason to believe that. Why would a police chief want her community to suffer? Fill us in...
I believe it comes from every elected official saying “you’re going to protest” every time a microphone is put in their face. It starts to feel like they are encouraging the protest.

Reactions: patdog

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
WTF is wrong with you? Where did I state anything about assuming the worst? I didn't. You thought I was lying or exaggerating what she said. Now you're, weakly, trying to justify words said from the head of police that shouldn't have been said unless she is a fool. She is a fool, btw.

Reactions: MaxwellSmart

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Twitter is so awful. One search for an update on this issue yielded that America is now racist because the police officers were fired/indicted so quickly.
It's a no win situation. Nothing they do will be the correct move. Those that spend their lives looking to be offended and outraged will always find something to be offended and outraged about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login