OT: Old man BS

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

If you’re interested, this doc does an awesome job of explaining your exact situation as it relates to cholesterol and statins

I will watch this, but damn it's tough to sort out what on his podcast is legit and what is pure crazy BS.
I get it, he is simply a platform, but that is a crap cop-out.

And when it comes to heart health, what to believe is so 17ing confusing that it makes sorting out the legit from the BS that much more difficult.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Reduce your weight and get off the BS drugs.

I'm 59, on exactly zero drugs (other than occasional over the counter allergy and pain meds) and I feel great.

ETA I weigh 168 at 5'9" and I'm pretty active
5'9 168? Borderline overweight per BMI!

Giving you crap vs actually thinking thats legit.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Do what you want to. Drink what you want to. Eat what you want to. You are going to end up in the same place as these rabbit eating marathon runners and you’re not going to spend nearly as much time in a nursing home waiting on someone to change your diaper.
If there is a decent chance that a healthier life will result in more years where I can experience things I enjoy with people I love, sign me up.
I'll take those odds every single time.

...on an ironically related note, I got a large coke and McDonald's sausage mcmuffin this morning and it was heavenly.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I've not drank soft drinks since 2004. But I always loved **** like cake or a honey bun. Haven't had other than holidays for almost a year now.
I feel 25. Well, maybe 30. But this cholesterol and the auto-immune issues I'm still carrying around.
Let's see how the natural supplement works. Maybe I can beat one of the two.

Reactions: HRMSU
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login