OT: Old man BS

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,886
6,694
113


If you’re interested, this doc does an awesome job of explaining your exact situation as it relates to cholesterol and statins

I will watch this, but damn it's tough to sort out what on his podcast is legit and what is pure crazy BS.
I get it, he is simply a platform, but that is a crap cop-out.

And when it comes to heart health, what to believe is so 17ing confusing that it makes sorting out the legit from the BS that much more difficult.
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,886
6,694
113
Reduce your weight and get off the BS drugs.

I'm 59, on exactly zero drugs (other than occasional over the counter allergy and pain meds) and I feel great.

ETA I weigh 168 at 5'9" and I'm pretty active
5'9 168? Borderline overweight per BMI!

Giving you crap vs actually thinking thats legit.
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,886
6,694
113
Do what you want to. Drink what you want to. Eat what you want to. You are going to end up in the same place as these rabbit eating marathon runners and you’re not going to spend nearly as much time in a nursing home waiting on someone to change your diaper.
If there is a decent chance that a healthier life will result in more years where I can experience things I enjoy with people I love, sign me up.
I'll take those odds every single time.


...on an ironically related note, I got a large coke and McDonald's sausage mcmuffin this morning and it was heavenly.
 

The Cooterpoot

Heisman
Sep 29, 2022
7,428
13,018
113
I've not drank soft drinks since 2004. But I always loved **** like cake or a honey bun. Haven't had other than holidays for almost a year now.
I feel 25. Well, maybe 30. But this cholesterol and the auto-immune issues I'm still carrying around.
Let's see how the natural supplement works. Maybe I can beat one of the two.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HRMSU
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama