OT reports saying Iran

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
I don't think any president from the nuclear age (Truman through Biden) would have sent American troops to Ukraine and risk a nuclear war. Send money and support, sure, but there is no history of direct military engagement with Russia or the USSR, despite them doing plenty of things like this over the years (Turkey/Greece with Truman, Eastern Europe in the 1950s/60s, Afghanistan with Carter and then Reagan, Georgia with Bush, Crimea with Obama, Syria with Trump, etc.)
Yep, because of nuclear MAD.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Do any of you have any actual insight/experience with those expertise? Admittedly, I have no military experience, but I do know what the going price is for accidentally killed livestock is, so I’m just curious how much “experts” know more than me, who has daily conversations with active duty military.

I identify as a military diplomat.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Just a quick question for alll those discussing this. This discussion is not political, this discussion is not national, this discussion is not religious. This discussion involves actual military knowledge, actual intelligence knowledge, and actual geopolitical diplomacy. Do any of you have any actual insight/experience with those expertise? Admittedly, I have no military experience, but I do know what the going price is for accidentally killed livestock is, so I’m just curious how much “experts” know more than me, who has daily conversations with active duty military.
Neither Israel nor Iran are on my R.I.S.K board, but Ukraine and Russia are. So, basically Mossad texts me for intel.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg and mcdawg22

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
What Putin has found out is the West, US and Allies, are war weary. We now give financial support and eventually we sent planes and weapons with limitations on how and where they could be used by the Ukraines. That is not "strong", it's a sign that we "have to help" but we really don't want to get involved. Strong is defined as sending in aircraft, troops, etc as soon as Russia lined up on the border. We didn't, they moved because they knew that we would drag our feet and slowly aid Ukraine. The European Nations were even slower to get "involved". Russia evaluated our response to the passenger jet they shot down and determined we didn't want to get involved in a war in Europe, so they are slow playing and waiting US and our allies out. Just how I see it.
They tried to take Kyiv in a week with an exposed quick thrust. That wasn't the move of a planned "long game" campaign. It was a strategy to win quick that failed utterly. They are playing the long game because they have been forced into it by Ukraine and the Western response. The idea that this is what they planned all along is just blatant Russian disinformation.

Reactions: ckDOG and Dawgg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Where did I say that "I" think we should have sent troops? Past Presidents certainly would have, being that we didn't along with the other things I mentioned is why they perceived the US to be "weak" . But I do think a stronger and immediate show of force could have prevented the invasion. Whether that was sending them tanks, fighter Aircraft and all the side dishes that go with those things along with getting the European Allies involved on a much higher level would have stopped Putin.
No President since the end of WWII would have sent troops to Ukraine.

Reactions: Dawgg

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
They tried to take Kyiv in a week with an exposed quick thrust. That wasn't the move of a planned "long game" campaign. It was a strategy to win quick that failed utterly. They are playing the long game because they have been forced into it by Ukraine and the Western response. The idea that this is what they planned all along is just blatant Russian disinformation.
You are extremely consistent. you are wrong almost 100% of the time.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
You are extremely consistent. you are wrong almost 100% of the time.
This is a broken clock situation though. Russia thought it could get a decisive victory quickly. It knew the US was war weary and wasn't going to send in troops and was unlikely to provide any aid that would reverse their gains if they got control of the capital.

Now Russia is 17ed. Putin's trading Russian troops and munitions that it pays for for Ukraine troops and munitions that the West pays for. Russia already had a demographic problem and losing something like 3% of its male military age population doesn't help. If the west stops giving aid or Ukraine tires of its troops dying, Russia gets lots of land, but it inherits a country that was already declining in population before the war and has a fertility rate that's just barely half of what it needs to maintain a stable population.

Putin may be fine, but this was not what he was planning and is not a good result. I would assume if he could go back he would not invade, but that's imputing a rationality to him that he may or may not have at this point.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Russia is fighting a war of attrition. ukraines military is in ruins. I think you read neocon comic books and believe them.
If Ukraine's military is in ruins, then why is Russia fighting a war of attrition?

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I hated getting the spiral gun on this level, it was 17’ing worthless.
The worst was when you had the spread and accidentally picked up that POS. Thank god the NES controller was unbreakable

ETA: you are nothing if not consistent, six pack. This thread was about Israel and Iran. It now consists of people yelling at each other over Putin, a discussion about a 40 year old Nintendo game, and a few thoughts about the Marvel movies. Never change, six pack.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
This is a broken clock situation though. Russia thought it could get a decisive victory quickly. It knew the US was war weary and wasn't going to send in troops and was unlikely to provide any aid that would reverse their gains if they got control of the capital.

Now Russia is 17ed. Putin's trading Russian troops and munitions that it pays for for Ukraine troops and munitions that the West pays for. Russia already had a demographic problem and losing something like 3% of its male military age population doesn't help. If the west stops giving aid or Ukraine tires of its troops dying, Russia gets lots of land, but it inherits a country that was already declining in population before the war and has a fertility rate that's just barely half of what it needs to maintain a stable population.

Putin may be fine, but this was not what he was planning and is not a good result. I would assume if he could go back he would not invade, but that's imputing a rationality to him that he may or may not have at this point.
Exactly.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login