OT reports saying Iran

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
I don't think any president from the nuclear age (Truman through Biden) would have sent American troops to Ukraine and risk a nuclear war. Send money and support, sure, but there is no history of direct military engagement with Russia or the USSR, despite them doing plenty of things like this over the years (Turkey/Greece with Truman, Eastern Europe in the 1950s/60s, Afghanistan with Carter and then Reagan, Georgia with Bush, Crimea with Obama, Syria with Trump, etc.)
Yep, because of nuclear MAD.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Do any of you have any actual insight/experience with those expertise? Admittedly, I have no military experience, but I do know what the going price is for accidentally killed livestock is, so I’m just curious how much “experts” know more than me, who has daily conversations with active duty military.

I identify as a military diplomat.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Just a quick question for alll those discussing this. This discussion is not political, this discussion is not national, this discussion is not religious. This discussion involves actual military knowledge, actual intelligence knowledge, and actual geopolitical diplomacy. Do any of you have any actual insight/experience with those expertise? Admittedly, I have no military experience, but I do know what the going price is for accidentally killed livestock is, so I’m just curious how much “experts” know more than me, who has daily conversations with active duty military.
Neither Israel nor Iran are on my R.I.S.K board, but Ukraine and Russia are. So, basically Mossad texts me for intel.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg and mcdawg22

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
What Putin has found out is the West, US and Allies, are war weary. We now give financial support and eventually we sent planes and weapons with limitations on how and where they could be used by the Ukraines. That is not "strong", it's a sign that we "have to help" but we really don't want to get involved. Strong is defined as sending in aircraft, troops, etc as soon as Russia lined up on the border. We didn't, they moved because they knew that we would drag our feet and slowly aid Ukraine. The European Nations were even slower to get "involved". Russia evaluated our response to the passenger jet they shot down and determined we didn't want to get involved in a war in Europe, so they are slow playing and waiting US and our allies out. Just how I see it.
They tried to take Kyiv in a week with an exposed quick thrust. That wasn't the move of a planned "long game" campaign. It was a strategy to win quick that failed utterly. They are playing the long game because they have been forced into it by Ukraine and the Western response. The idea that this is what they planned all along is just blatant Russian disinformation.

Reactions: ckDOG and Dawgg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Where did I say that "I" think we should have sent troops? Past Presidents certainly would have, being that we didn't along with the other things I mentioned is why they perceived the US to be "weak" . But I do think a stronger and immediate show of force could have prevented the invasion. Whether that was sending them tanks, fighter Aircraft and all the side dishes that go with those things along with getting the European Allies involved on a much higher level would have stopped Putin.
No President since the end of WWII would have sent troops to Ukraine.

Reactions: Dawgg

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
They tried to take Kyiv in a week with an exposed quick thrust. That wasn't the move of a planned "long game" campaign. It was a strategy to win quick that failed utterly. They are playing the long game because they have been forced into it by Ukraine and the Western response. The idea that this is what they planned all along is just blatant Russian disinformation.
You are extremely consistent. you are wrong almost 100% of the time.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
You are extremely consistent. you are wrong almost 100% of the time.
This is a broken clock situation though. Russia thought it could get a decisive victory quickly. It knew the US was war weary and wasn't going to send in troops and was unlikely to provide any aid that would reverse their gains if they got control of the capital.

Now Russia is 17ed. Putin's trading Russian troops and munitions that it pays for for Ukraine troops and munitions that the West pays for. Russia already had a demographic problem and losing something like 3% of its male military age population doesn't help. If the west stops giving aid or Ukraine tires of its troops dying, Russia gets lots of land, but it inherits a country that was already declining in population before the war and has a fertility rate that's just barely half of what it needs to maintain a stable population.

Putin may be fine, but this was not what he was planning and is not a good result. I would assume if he could go back he would not invade, but that's imputing a rationality to him that he may or may not have at this point.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I hated getting the spiral gun on this level, it was 17’ing worthless.
The worst was when you had the spread and accidentally picked up that POS. Thank god the NES controller was unbreakable

ETA: you are nothing if not consistent, six pack. This thread was about Israel and Iran. It now consists of people yelling at each other over Putin, a discussion about a 40 year old Nintendo game, and a few thoughts about the Marvel movies. Never change, six pack.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
This is a broken clock situation though. Russia thought it could get a decisive victory quickly. It knew the US was war weary and wasn't going to send in troops and was unlikely to provide any aid that would reverse their gains if they got control of the capital.

Now Russia is 17ed. Putin's trading Russian troops and munitions that it pays for for Ukraine troops and munitions that the West pays for. Russia already had a demographic problem and losing something like 3% of its male military age population doesn't help. If the west stops giving aid or Ukraine tires of its troops dying, Russia gets lots of land, but it inherits a country that was already declining in population before the war and has a fertility rate that's just barely half of what it needs to maintain a stable population.

Putin may be fine, but this was not what he was planning and is not a good result. I would assume if he could go back he would not invade, but that's imputing a rationality to him that he may or may not have at this point.
Exactly.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020

Putin may be fine, but this was not what he was planning and is not a good result. I would assume if he could go back he would not invade, but that's imputing a rationality to him that he may or may not have at this
Not hardly. If anyone is in a bad position its us.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Just a quick question for alll those discussing this. This discussion is not political, this discussion is not national, this discussion is not religious. This discussion involves actual military knowledge, actual intelligence knowledge, and actual geopolitical diplomacy. Do any of you have any actual insight/experience with those expertise? Admittedly, I have no military experience, but I do know what the going price is for accidentally killed livestock is, so I’m just curious how much “experts” know more than me, who has daily conversations with active duty military.
Geopolitical diplomacy, in the areas discussed in this thread, require political and religious discussion and understanding. Add historical understanding to that as well.

Just saying- you cant get away from political and religious discussion if geopolitical diplomacy is involved.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I don’t carGeopolitical diplomacy, in the areas discussed in this thread, require political and religious discussion and understanding. Add historical understanding to that as well.

Just saying- you cant get away from political and religious discussion if geopolitical diplomacy is involved.
Who Cares Tommy Lee Jones GIF

I was just drunk and talking ****.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
The worst was when you had the spread and accidentally picked up that POS. Thank god the NES controller was unbreakable

ETA: you are nothing if not consistent, six pack. This thread was about Israel and Iran. It now consists of people yelling at each other over Putin, a discussion about a 40 year old Nintendo game, and a few thoughts about the Marvel movies. Never change, six pack.
It’s funny how after you got 30 lives and beat the game a couple of times, you got to the point where you could easily do it with 3.

Last edited:

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

Bill (blue guy) is modeled after Arnold Schwarzeneggerin Predator (1987) and Lance (red guy) is modeled after Sylvester Stallone in Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985).
IMG_7356.jpeg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Not hardly. If anyone is in a bad position its us.
We have plenty of serious problems, but I would love to hear how we are worse off than other developed countries, much less worse off than Russia.

- Unserious politicians that are a mix of people that are too stupid to realize their credentials are inflated and people that don't care about anything but their short term personal gain. This is probably the one where I would hope a lot of countries are better off than us, but it's not France, Germany, or Canada. Putin was probably at one time smarter and more ruthless than western politicians, but you have to come up with some pretty tortured 4d chess logic to explain away the situation he has put Russia into now.

- Below replacement rate total fertility rate? Yes, that's bad for us, but we're still better off than most developed countries, and definitely better off there than Russia.

- Ponzi scheme like welfare state for old people compounded by aging demographics and a below replacement rate total fertility rate. This is bad, but another situation where as far as I know we're mostly the tallest little person outside of some relatively small states.

- Spending like drunken sailors. I assume most countries don't have the credibility to run a deficit that's 6% of their GDP before accounting for the unfunded pension obligations. This is probably the most ridiculous thing we're doing, so maybe we really are in trouble compared to other developed countries here. But lots of those countries are going to be hurt also though by the US having a fiscal/monetary crisis.

- Large influx of immigrants that don't believe in western or classical liberal values? We're not as bad off on a percentage basis than most western european countries and the ones we are, we still are better than most countries at assimilating immigrants even if our sorry credentialed class has made us worse at it. THis is another area where Russia may be better off for all I know, but that also makes their demographic problems caused by a low fertility rate harder to overcome.

I'm drawing a blank and would love for you to explain how we're worse off.

Jul 11, 2024
Do a little digging. They want an apocalypse, and will do what they can to bring one about.
I know what their “doctrine” is but most of them are hypocrites and pussies.

they aren’t gonna put their money where their mouth is. They may pay or coerce some retard into doing it but that’s it

mix Hamas, hezbollah and many radical Palestinians in with this

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
We have plenty of serious problems, but I would love to hear how we are worse off than other developed countries, much less worse off than Russia.

- Unserious politicians that are a mix of people that are too stupid to realize their credentials are inflated and people that don't care about anything but their short term personal gain. This is probably the one where I would hope a lot of countries are better off than us, but it's not France, Germany, or Canada. Putin was probably at one time smarter and more ruthless than western politicians, but you have to come up with some pretty tortured 4d chess logic to explain away the situation he has put Russia into now.

- Below replacement rate total fertility rate? Yes, that's bad for us, but we're still better off than most developed countries, and definitely better off there than Russia.

- Ponzi scheme like welfare state for old people compounded by aging demographics and a below replacement rate total fertility rate. This is bad, but another situation where as far as I know we're mostly the tallest little person outside of some relatively small states.

- Spending like drunken sailors. I assume most countries don't have the credibility to run a deficit that's 6% of their GDP before accounting for the unfunded pension obligations. This is probably the most ridiculous thing we're doing, so maybe we really are in trouble compared to other developed countries here. But lots of those countries are going to be hurt also though by the US having a fiscal/monetary crisis.

- Large influx of immigrants that don't believe in western or classical liberal values? We're not as bad off on a percentage basis than most western european countries and the ones we are, we still are better than most countries at assimilating immigrants even if our sorry credentialed class has made us worse at it. THis is another area where Russia may be better off for all I know, but that also makes their demographic problems caused by a low fertility rate harder to overcome.

I'm drawing a blank and would love for you to explain how we're worse off.
You need to study brics and the collapsing petrodollar. Bad days ahead

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Putin may have thought we were weak, but he's found out otherwise over the last 3 years...
I don't know what's worse - the state of the world today, or that there are low IQ dumbasses in this world who believe the shlt you just posted.

• Haha
Reactions: Ranchdawg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
OK

Then how should we have "shown strength"?

Be sure to include the time when Russia took Crimea, and when Iran attacked US troops in 2020.
Crimea happened in 2014 under the disastrous foreign policy of Obama/Clinton. Obama talked about "red lines," and Putin laughed and crossed them without repercussion.

Not sure of your point with Iran. They like to lob missiles. In that case they were butthurt because Trump had just killed Solemani like the dog he was.

Iran and Russia were kept in check for four years because they were both being choked monetarily and were crippled. That's how you show strength. You pull the levers that you can control. Biden gave Russia their pipelines which enriched them. He demonstrated weakness in Afghanistan which emboldened them. And now he's throwing more money at Ukraine than at his own military. Iran was able to fund Hamas and Hezbollah thanks to lifted sanctions and US taxpayer money sent to them under Biden/Harris. Four years ago they were in a box and Israel was signing peace treaties with middle eastern countries through the Abraham Accords.

Instead of practicing revisionist history, you should probably education yourself on ACTUAL history.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
IT'S COMING:

I hadn't seen this until now. I did not have the conversion of Iranian private citizens into western capitalists on my strategy bingo card today.

That's a strong statement from Benny. I have my doubts that the message will get through on a grand scale, but I love the idea. It fits with the overall Israeli war strategy - warn civilians ahead of bombing the leaders and military, and at least try to mitigate damage to civilians.

So he is making one last plea for them to convert their political thinking before wiping their dictatorial leaders off the map, plus he will hopefully save a bunch of innocent lives in the process. Good on him.

Reactions: Drebin
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login