OT reports saying Iran

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Israel is reportedly sounding an all-clear for right now but warning their citizens to be alert and prepared to take cover when told.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Israel has confirmed that over 180 missiles were fired. But no idea right now of how many actually hit a "target". Yes every Iran leaders better dig in deep.
Those 180 missiles will end up costing more Iranian lives than Israeli lives.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I did. He and his armed forces were humiliated and are now caught in a grinding war of attrition did not want. They were going to win in a week, and here we are two years later. Their Black Sea fleet has been sunk by a country with no Navy. The Ukrainians are striking hundreds of miles deep into Russia with increasing frequency. Come on man, use your brain. Just think about it objectively.
Putin doesn't care about his people. He's perfectly fine stalemating this thing with Ukraine. You wanna talk about thinking objectively....Russia is a superpower. They could swat Ukraine like a gnat if they really wanted to. They're going right up to the edge of what they think they can get away with without triggering a NATO response. Putin is learning how committed NATO really is, how far they're willing to go to help Ukraine, and how much they're willing to spend. He doesn't really care about the collateral damage because he's a psychopath.

It's not unusual. Just look at what's going on right now in the middle east. The AP just reported that the Biden admin is working with Iran to limit their missile attack to a level that allows them to save face without triggering an all out Israel response and they will help compel Israel not to respond.

One of us is using our brain here, and it's not you. Just pay attention and you'll get it.

Palmettodog

Aug 22, 2012
Israel reporting no casualties out of 300 drones/missiles. That is crazy. I don't think Israel reacts immediately. Net'n Yahoo will bid his time and strike and kill someone important, possibly Khamenei as Shmuley suggested.

Reactions: Drebin

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Guaranteed Mossad knows where Khamenei is hiding. His fate will likely mirror Nasrallah’s. And I doubt it will matter that he is likely hiding in a mosque or hospital or in a school basement.
Plenty of Iranian spies are providing this info to Mossad and the IDF, too. Nobody in Iran is safe.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
Iranian leaders are about as faithful to the precepts of their religion as American ones are to theirs. They aren't intent on destroying a bunch of Israeli civilians and bringing the international community down on them in a realy direct and destructive way. Neither is Israel intent on destroying Iran. They both make bold statements. Every time something like this happens, a bunch of people come out and say things like, "Iran is about to be turned in a heap of rubble." It never happens because these people in both Israel and Iran are not dumb asses. Israel WILL respond most likely with targeted strikes on leaders and important equipment. No doubt, the rhetoric will increase, and before long they will be back to trading swats at each other. It's been happening for almost 80 years now. No one is planning to nuke the other. Hell, if Israel ceased to exist tomorrow, what would the Iranian hardliners use to stay in power?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Israel reporting no casualties out of 300 drones/missiles. That is crazy. I don't think Israel reacts immediately. Net'n Yahoo will bid his time and strike and kill someone important, possibly Khamenei as Shmuley suggested.
When it happens, one is well served to remember what Netanyahu said publicly on 9/30/24 in a message directed to the IRANIAN PEOPLE. Netanyahu told the Iranian populace that they deserved new leadership. One doesn’t have to speculate much to understand that message.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
When it happens, one is well served to remember what Netanyahu said publicly on 9/30/24 in a message directed to the IRANIAN PEOPLE. Netanyahu told the Iranian populace that they deserved new leadership. One doesn’t have to speculate much to understand that message.
That’s Israel’s endgame. Take out the leaders in Iran and maybe cause a spark within the people of Iran to want regime change. Still a long shot but I think that’s their goal.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Putin doesn't care about his people. He's perfectly fine stalemating this thing with Ukraine. You wanna talk about thinking objectively....Russia is a superpower. They could swat Ukraine like a gnat if they really wanted to. They're going right up to the edge of what they think they can get away with without triggering a NATO response. Putin is learning how committed NATO really is, how far they're willing to go to help Ukraine, and how much they're willing to spend. He doesn't really care about the collateral damage because he's a psychopath.

It's not unusual. Just look at what's going on right now in the middle east. The AP just reported that the Biden admin is working with Iran to limit their missile attack to a level that allows them to save face without triggering an all out Israel response and they will help compel Israel not to respond.

One of us is using our brain here, and it's not you. Just pay attention and you'll get it.
Russia is a superpower only because it has nukes. Its economy is small compared to real superpowers. If you think wanted its anticipated lightning conquest of Ukraine to be rebuffed in Ukraine the way it has, Finland and Sweden to join NATO, and to suffer the losses it has, have Ukraine stoking deep into Russia, and to be in a bloody stalemate, to have to be begging North Korea and Iran for arms, you are to far gone into Russian disinformation to be helped. Use your own brain and look at things objectively. That war as been an utter disaster for Russia and especially Russian prestige.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Iranian leaders are about as faithful to the precepts of their religion as American ones are to theirs. They aren't intent on destroying a bunch of Israeli civilians and bringing the international community down on them in a realy direct and destructive way. Neither is Israel intent on destroying Iran. They both make bold statements. Every time something like this happens, a bunch of people come out and say things like, "Iran is about to be turned in a heap of rubble." It never happens because these people in both Israel and Iran are not dumb asses. Israel WILL respond most likely with targeted strikes on leaders and important equipment. No doubt, the rhetoric will increase, and before long they will be back to trading swats at each other. It's been happening for almost 80 years now. No one is planning to nuke the other. Hell, if Israel ceased to exist tomorrow, what would the Iranian hardliners use to stay in power?
You are evaluating them based on our western values. That is a grave mistake.

Reactions: BulldawgFan

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Russia is a superpower only because it has nukes. Its economy is small compared to real superpowers. If you think wanted its anticipated lightning conquest of Ukraine to be rebuffed in Ukraine the way it has, Finland and Sweden to join NATO, and to suffer the losses it has, have Ukraine stoking deep into Russia, and to be in a bloody stalemate, to have to be begging North Korea and Iran for arms, you are to far gone into Russian disinformation to be helped. Use your own brain and look at things objectively. That war as been an utter disaster for Russia and especially Russian prestige.
"RuSSiaN diSInFORmaTIon"

and you tell me to use my brain....

Reactions: BulldawgFan

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
That’s Israel’s endgame. Take out the leaders in Iran and maybe cause a spark within the people of Iran to want regime change. Still a long shot but I think that’s their goal.
That, and I think they go after the nuclear facilities.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Well, you are repeating quite a lot of it, unintentionally I'm sure.
what part is russian disinfo? That Putin is a psychopath?

You aren't clowning yourself as bad as you did during covid, but you're rapidly headed that direction.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Russia really is a wild card. Do they kick in now while the west is weak? Or do they wait until after the election because doing so may help the wests remain weak?
I have a feeling that Russia don't want none, they have enough to worry about. While the West is not exactly flush with cash after Covid and supporting Ukraine, the Russian military has been getting it's *** kicked by a rag tag Ukranian group with some West supplied drones among a few other things.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

You aren't clowning yourself as bad as you did during covid, but you're rapidly headed that direction.
Putin is a despotic extreme Russian nationalist. He is a product of his time and place. He truly sees the demise of the Russian/Soviet Empire as the greatest geopolitical calamity of the age. He dreams of recreating that Empire, and HE wants to do it. He wants to be a modern Peter the Great. Just read some of his writings. Does that make him a psychopath?? By our standards certainly. By Russian standards?? Many Russians don't see it that way. The disinformation you are buying in to is that he is playing some game of chess and has everything right where he wants it. That is just about as far from the truth as you can get. His little adventure didn't go anything like he thought it would. I outlined the particulars above. He is doing about all he can short of dropping nukes at the moment. That doesn't mean he won't build up to something more, but to say he is fighting with both hands tied behind his back right now is just plain wrong.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I don't have a dog in the fight...but find me one Muslim nation bordering a non-Muslim nation where there isn't strife.
That wasn't the topic. It was about how Iran will act. It is Shia dominated and controlled, the only really powerful Islamic country that is. Why do you think the other Islamic states aren't jumping to Iran's tune? They know what Iran's religion means. They are all secretly hoping Israel takes Iran out.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I have a feeling that Russia don't want none, they have enough to worry about. While the West is not exactly flush with cash after Covid and supporting Ukraine, the Russian military has been getting it's *** kicked by a rag tag Ukranian group with some West supplied drones among a few other things.
Exactly.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
First, Iran does not have an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.

Second, Iran launched ballistic missiles at Israel back in April with very little success.

Third, whatever Iran does will be telegraphed ahead of time. They want to be seen as responding, but they don't want to do anything that would escalate to the point of direct conflict with the United States. The Iranians are crazy, but not suicidal. They prefer to have the idiots in Hamas and Hezbollah take all of the bullets and bombs for them.
That's exactly what these proxy groups are, there are buffers for an Iranian regime who are a bunch of cowards. They would rather somebody else do their dirty work for them.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

I think that Russia was a superpower. At present, they really only have nukes as their calling card. Their military initiatives in his "3-day war" have completely embarrassed Putin. It proved that they suffer from poor planning, poor logistics, poor training, bad intelligence, poor communication, crappy equipment, etc.

Reactions: L4Dawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
That's exactly what these proxy groups are, there are buffers for an Iranian regime who are a bunch of cowards. They would rather somebody else do their dirty work for them.
What they are doing is trying to survive until they get a nuclear arsenal built up. THEN they think they can cause the apocalypse that they truly seek. Read up on what they believe sometime. The Soviets sought domination, but they also cared about self-preservation. The Shia don't see things that way, especially the hardliners. They WILL sacrifice themselves if they think it will cause the apocalypse that they see as essential.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I think that Russia was a superpower. At present, they really only have nukes as their calling card. Their military initiatives in his "3-day war" have completely embarrassed Putin. It proved that they suffer from poor planning, poor logistics, poor training, bad intelligence, poor communication, crappy equipment, etc.
EXACTLY.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
Iran is not all Muslim nations.
Well, no. But I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean Iran is different in that they are hell bent on destroying Israel and themselves? Rhetoric may say so, but I say their actions belie their true nature. They could have launched a whole lot more missiles than they did. They could have probably done some real damage to people and property, but they didn't. They really never do. Not saying it's impossible, just not likely.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Yup. I think the best protection Iranian leaders have had is that there is a real risk that whoever comes to power after Israel kills them could be worse. But if the current leadership is already firing missiles at them (in addition to using proxies like Hezbolla, the houthi, and hamas), as some point you have to ask how much worse can it get?

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Bingo, I think we've learned by now that not only does Mossad know exactly what Iran is capable of the most likely know how we really feel about it. Intel guys out there could correct me if I'm wrong but as great as our Intel is Israel May be the best in the world....by necessity of course. Among the obvious it's probably a major reason they are so pissed about October 7th. Look you can't know everything but they have a pretty strong track record....October 7th being the outlier.

I'm pretty sure Israeli intelligence is the greatest in the world. They probably have agents in every major organization. Hell, they've probably got agents monitoring SPS in case someone says anything ne-asd4asd46asd4asgdg14f3sdf4sd3f.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They are getting exactly what they want. Americans are fighting with Americans. Israel is out standing alone, and our president and vice president are just saying don't.

I think I'm going to watch the Wildcard games instead so that I can say I actually watched some Major league baseball this year

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Well, no. But I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean Iran is different in that they are hell bent on destroying Israel and themselves? Rhetoric may say so, but I say their actions belie their true nature. They could have launched a whole lot more missiles than they did. They could have probably done some real damage to people and property, but they didn't. They really never do. Not saying it's impossible, just not likely.
Read my response to BoDawg above.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
It seems pretty ridiculous to suggest the Ukraine invasion hasn't been a disaster for Russia, considering how it was supposed to be over in a few weeks and is instead bogged down for years, AND it scared Finland and Sweden into joining NATO

Reactions: L4Dawg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Them not being able to destroy Israel doesn't mean they don't want to. As of now, they don't have nuclear weapons, they don't have enough missles to overcome Israel's defenses, to the extent they were able to inflict real damage on Israel, Israel can do way worse to Iran than Iran can do to Israel, to the extent Iran was able to do better than expected, they would be at risk of the US getting involved. Hell, other Arab countries might get involved because as much as they may hate Israel, they are also concerned about a competing religious sect becoming regional hegemon.

Certainly some of their politicians are probably saying stuff they don't believe in to better their position and probably all of them are willing to put their beliefs aside to an extent for their own comfort, but I think it would be foolish to think that just because deterrence is successful that it's a strong indicator that they don't want the things they claim.

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012

Don’t waste your time with the double masker. He’s a damn fool.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Them not being able to destroy Israel doesn't mean they don't want to. As of now, they don't have nuclear weapons, they don't have enough missles to overcome Israel's defenses, to the extent they were able to inflict real damage on Israel, Israel can do way worse to Iran than Iran can do to Israel, to the extent Iran was able to do better than expected, they would be at risk of the US getting involved. Hell, other Arab countries might get involved because as much as they may hate Israel, they are also concerned about a competing religious sect becoming regional hegemon.

Certainly some of their politicians are probably saying stuff they don't believe in to better their position and probably all of them are willing to put their beliefs aside to an extent for their own comfort, but I think it would be foolish to think that just because deterrence is successful that it's a strong indicator that they don't want the things they claim.
Like I posted earlier, what Iran did today is proportional in their minds. It's severe enough for them to save face and demonstrate some strength without being severe enough for significant retaliation. They are banking on the US to keep Israel in check.

I think it's a miscalculation. Israel is now justified to go in there and take out weapons systems, and even Irans leadership. The plan all along for Iran was to leverage hamas and hezbollah to terrorize and distract Israel while building their nuclear capability. That hasn't worked out for them.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login