OT: RIP Martin Mull

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021

I think the last time he "kicked his age" was at 49. Impressive.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Loved him in Fernwood Tonight and Mary Hartman. Then he was again great as Russel on 2.5 Men.

Those born after around 1975 would never understand Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. I remember one story line where a Vietnam vet who had his pecker shot off in the war was trying to get a transplant from a German Shepard.

Norman Lear was really good at what he did.

PSUAXE70

Oct 12, 2021
Good actor .RIP Martin .
Someone could probably find this piece from Fernwood but I can only describe it. Martin Mull says he wants to play a song but it is probably too mature for a television audience so he will just leave out pieces of the song and hum instead. He starts the song and hums over parts of it but one of the phrases he sings is “mayonnaise and rope”. My wife and I still laugh about it 40 years later.

Reactions: Bob78

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
Someone could probably find this piece from Fernwood but I can only describe it. Martin Mull says he wants to play a song but it is probably too mature for a television audience so he will just leave out pieces of the song and hum instead. He starts the song and hums over parts of it but one of the phrases he sings is “mayonnaise and rope”. My wife and I still laugh about it 40 years later.