OT: Roger Wicker strikes again

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS-halfstep

Jun 27, 2015

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
In which swampdawg causally advocates for slavery.

That is not slavery, it is servitude for the gifts our nation is giving them. Can't find a job, but want to mooch off of the system. Show up at the county courthouse at 7 a.m. and let the county put you to work. Mandatory 3 days a week until you get a job and get off of the government's payroll. don't show up. Don't get your check. All of these stimulus payments should be processed by the county you are working in, by administrators getting something for the tax payer's sacrifices.

Not to mention, that kind of money would earn a little bit for the county as they hold it.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
The "make them" part. Are these words small enough?

Well they don't have to accept the welfare either, right?
I go to work and do **** I would rather not do all day every day, for money. How is this any different?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
*eye roll*

I dont know why you think I shouldnt or wouldnt have an opinion on general regionalized trends.
You can play 'gotcha' if you want, but I am perfectly content to say a pop-culture trend is played out without feeling inconsistent. I am not discriminating against anyone with my generalized regional descriptions. Sit down and try again later.

I am sure you think there is something I have posted in the past that should therefore preclude me from having an opinion on a fashion or lifestyle trend. I guess you can go search and try to play more gotcha. I will then look up the gif of that little kid swinging a golf club and falling on his butt.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
It’s really sweet that you feel the need to jump in for dorn. Lord knows he needs help, but you’re not helping him. It was a swing. And a miss. If you don’t see that, you’re not as smart as you thought.

MS-halfstep

Jun 27, 2015
No gotcha going on here, but as a resident of the PNW, owner of a Subaru Outback, wearer of a sweet *** ponytail, and connoisseur of avocado toast I find your stereotypes and generalizations offending and hurtful. I actually identify more with the coastal granola culture, but you didn't call that one "played out" so I don't have a problem with that statement.

But it's all good, I'll take the high road. I forgive you for you know not what you have done.

Namaste

Last edited:

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Does your boss make you come to work to get paid or does he let you stay at home and still collect a check for doing nothing? I suggest looking up the definition of slavery.
Hey! Why do you have to be sniffing around in my business. If I want to be on SPS in between escalations, I think I can, my clients love me. Please don’t bring my boss into it. Oh you weren’t singling me out specifically? Carry on.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
No gotcha going on here, but as a resident of the PNW, owner of a Subaru Outback, wearer of a sweet *** ponytail, and connoisseur of avocado toast I find your stereotypes and generalizations offending and hurtful.

But it's all good, I'll take the high road. I forgive you for you know not what you have done.

Namaste

Thank you for the forgiveness?

Are you who I was describing? I don't see hipster listed in your rant.
I also drive an Outback and thru the last 10 years have had hair long enough to pull up. Am I one?

Are you offended by Portlandia?
And do you know what discrimination is?...it'd more than just someone repeating a commonly held view(hipster is played out).

If you still ride a fixie with a shoulder bag to carry your vinyl while yelling at cagers on your way to a local farm to meet the goat you will eat later that day at the local F2T restaurant, then I guess I was describing you.
If you don't do that, I wasn't describing you.

Either way, it isnt discrimination so stop trying.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
How many people in your circle do you personally have direct knowledge of doing this? I know that in cases where I have seen it, what they gain by doing so and their subsequent lifestyle is nothing to envy. (i.e. seeing "them" would not make anyone earning an honest living feel like a sucker).

natchezdawg

Oct 4, 2009
I have zero problem with people coming here to work..

If they maintain a job, pay taxes, and obey our laws, they can stay here as long as they like. If they get a job here, its not because an American citizen wanted the job but did not get it. America was built by immigrants and we need more to keep it going.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Your problem was that you made the assumption that people who don’t look Irish aren’t Irish when you wrote:

Yeah, so many of them actually look as Irish as people here celebrating Cinco De Mayo. Another shoot-and-miss for you.

And that was a miss by you because there are people who don’t look like they’re Irish — like Phil Lynott — who are indeed Irish.

Had you phrased it differently, you’d been safe but as it is— you fell into a trap that’s plain to see.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
If you still ride a fixie with a shoulder bag to carry your vinyl while yelling at cagers on your way to a local farm to meet the goat you will eat later that day at the local F2T restaurant, then I guess I was describing you.
If you don't do that, I wasn't describing you .

Now you're talking about me mother17er. And I don't eat Goat... He eats me.**

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
What if someone called you (or your schtick) played out?

Wow, this really cut you deep. It was a completely flippant comment of my part and I never intended to rile people up. I'm surprised since this place steers hard to the right and wouldn't expect someone to take a firm stand on PNW hipster culture

For that, I do genuinely apologize.

You still dont understand what discrimination in modern cultural context is, but that can be for another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login