OT: Shabbat Shalom. Are your Grand Parents still Alive? My Mom-Mom (Nat).....

Mr. Potter

Oct 18, 2021
turned 99 back in March. She's the only one left. Off to see her now. Still lives on her own in a nice apartment complex in Jenkintown.

Can't drive anymore. Quick story of how We took the car from her. Back in 2016 she still lived in her house around Montclair in the NE. I stop over to visit, park, neighbor Larry comes over to say hello ask how I'm doing exchange pleasantries.

After that he says "Hey Potter how's Nat, neighbors and I were talking."
"About what?"
"Her driving"

I ask him did something happen?

He explains to me that the intersection on Pine Road where PennyPack park is located there is a three way stop sign. One night she was coming from Huntingdon Pike and came to the stops sign where you have to turn on to Pine Road to get to her development in Montclare.

He continues that it was rush hour and she was at the stop sign but would not move and make a right onto Pine Road until it was completely clear. His words "It was a mess" .

She caused a 60 something car pile up.

CVLion

Oct 13, 2021
All of my grandparents were gone by the time I finished high school. The roughest of the four losses was the first… my paternal grandfather passed away suddenly of a stroke right in front of me, my dad, and a neighbor when I was about 4 1/2 years old. :(

Mr. Potter, you are blessed to still have your Nat in this world. Have a wonderful visit with her :)

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
turned 99 back in March. She's the only one left. Off to see her now. Still lives on her own in a nice apartment complex in Jenkintown.

Can't drive anymore. Quick story of how We took the car from her. Back in 2016 she still lived in her house around Montclair in the NE. I stop over to visit, park, neighbor Larry comes over to say hello ask how I'm doing exchange pleasantries.

After that he says "Hey Potter how's Nat, neighbors and I were talking."
"About what?"
"Her driving"

I ask him did something happen?

He explains to me that the intersection on Pine Road where PennyPack park is located there is a three way stop sign. One night she was coming from Huntingdon Pike and came to the stops sign where you have to turn on to Pine Road to get to her development in Montclare.

He continues that it was rush hour and she was at the stop sign but would not move and make a right onto Pine Road until it was completely clear. His words "It was a mess" .

She caused a 60 something car pile up.
May God grant her health and happiness in her remaining years, and the comfort of a peaceful passing.

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
I’ve got one grandparent left (grandma) and she’s pretty bad with dementia. Her mother, my great grandmother is 99 and just started her downturn a few days ago. Up until last year she was still “gigging” the local nursing homes in York. She plays mandolin and had a group of folks that would play gigs for the elderly for fun. Drove herself well into her 90s.