OT: Shows to stream and binge

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Anyone seen Vikings? I watched the first two episodes last night. Looks like a keeper.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Not a series to binge, but a really good movie I just saw was The Menu on HBO Max.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Another movie that gets no pub and I really don't understand why, "American Assassin" . Was on Netflix when I watched it.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
The Chosen
They have their own app and you can watch every episode there. If you haven't seen it watch the extras where they interview a group of folks that were in their test study for the first season. Really interesting comments by the viewers.

Great series and I can't wait for the next season!

Reactions: AlCoDog

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
"The Expanse" on Amazon Prime is a really good Sci-fi. The books are eben better, probably my all time favorite book series, up there with "The Wheel of Time".
The Expanse was one of the best Sci-Fi Series I've seen in several years. Hated to see it end.

Feb 12, 2013
The Expanse was one of the best Sci-Fi Series I've seen in several years. Hated to see it end.
It's not ending, not really anyways. There are a minimum of 3 more seasons (IMHO needs to be 5 seasons) to cover the last 3 books. There is a 30 year gap between Book/Season 6 & book 7. So Amazon Prime (rumors also include HBO buying the rights) will adapt the last 3 books sometime in the near future. The last three books are incredible and give a very solid ending to the series.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Severance is one of the absolute best shows to come out in several years. Can't wait for season 2. And whatever's going on with those damn goats.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Bumping this tread. Just finished Terminal List. Pretty good, there are some holes in it, but overall it keeps you on the edge of your seat and is nicely paced. Jack Carr, the writer, is a retired Navy SEAL. Most of the breaking news alerts are from FNC, so you baws don't have to worry about liberal Hollywood on this one.

Last edited:

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Ted Lasso on Apple TV is excellent. Watch it once without the subtitles on and then turn them on to catch all the stuff you missed.

I constantly was backing it up laughing and saying what the hell did he just say??

Season 3 coming out soon.
Season 3 is the LGB season, LoL.

NTTAWWT….but it seems forced into the plot for political reasons.

I knew something was coming when the cast joined the press secretary for a press conference just as the season was about to drop

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Bumping this tread. Just finished Terminal List. Pretty good, there are some holes in it, but overall it keeps you on the edge of your seat and is nicely paced. Jack Carr, the writer, is a retired Navy SEAL. Most of the breaking news alerts are from FNC, so you baws don't have to worry about liberal Hollywood on this one.
I’m almost finished with his most recent book. Can’t wait for the next season. If you enjoyed it, give the Night Agent a look on Netflix.
Also, how did no one recommend Dave? Just got on it and that’s ***** good

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
Hulu TV:

24 (all seasons)
Homicide Hunter
Lie To Me
Candy

Hulu movies:

Salt
The Count of Monte Cristo
Ford v Ferrari
Red Sparrow (not a family show but good)
Atlas Shrugged I (all 3 also on Amazon Prime)
Atlas Shrugged II
Atlas Shrugged III

Amazon Prime movies:

Goldfinger (classic 007)
3 Days to Kill
My Cousin Vinny (old but still funny)
Top Gun
Top Gun: Maverick
Solace
The Outfit
Lucky Number Slevin (freevee)
Awake (freevee)
Fastball (about baseball)

Amazon series:

Whitechapel
Absentia
Bosch

For Your Wife:

Jane Eyre (freevee)
Elsa & Fred
Wish You Well
Seven Days in Utopia
The Wedding Dance
Legend of 5 Mile Cave (freevee)
Poldark (series)

NOTE: “freevee” means free but with ads

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Just watched The Recruit on Netflix, thought it was good. Spy thriller type deal, only 8 episodes.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I’m almost finished with his most recent book. Can’t wait for the next season. If you enjoyed it, give the Night Agent a look on Netflix.
Also, how did no one recommend Dave? Just got on it and that’s ***** good
He was recently on the JRE.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Paramount went ahead and added the entire season 1 of Strange New Worlds onto YouTube for free, so if you're thinking about watching it, go for it. It's a great show, much better than Discovery or Picard.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Just for your convenience, I've put them all here. I loved the season, with only episode 8 being kinda weak (though still better than a lot of modern Star Trek). You can watch the episodes without having seen any Star Trek before, though some of it makes references to Original Series episodes, such as my favorite episode (10) referencing "Balance of Terror" and episode 5 referencing "Amok Time." The whole season references "The Menagerie" in the sense that Pike and Spock are major characters, and there is also some reference to season 2 of Discovery, but I don't think any of these would prevent a new fan form enjoying it.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Justified

You'll thank me later.

Ive watched all of the seasons at least 9 or 10 times.

The reboot of Justified is coming in July. It may just be a short run though. Going to be based in Detroit with a little more sophisticated nemesis.

The Special Agent in Charge in Justified plays a principal on a HULU show, 11.22.63. That’s the name of the show. The date of 11.22.63. Has James Franco in it. It’s based on Stephen King’s work of the same name.

It’s worth a watch too.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login