OT - This is wild, MRA parents involved in a brawl!

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Saying we get very much half the picture. It is just as possibly and likely that one of those mra parents didn’t like what was happening on the field and decided to throw a cheap shot that created the entire ruckus.

if that’s the case, which is again very plausible… then it’s the soft white Madison people that created the environment seen. Not the rough people from an area stereotyped above
You think a soft white madison dude decided to throw hands with a bunch of black guys when he was outnumbered like 5 to 1? Is it possible? Absolutely, because stupidity doesn’t see skin color. But is it probable? C’mon man.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
What happens when all that extra security and LEO's can't stop the brawl? Should they start capping folks? After all.. I'm hearing police presence is the answer to this problem.
What happens when security can't stop the brawl? Well, hopefully, it doesn't get to that point before the game is declared over and everybody goes home.

If a LEO is not enough to discourage unruly behavior of fans, then you simply don't play the game. (my opinion)

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I wish. Quote: "Today, nearly a quarter of Americans (23%) agree that “because things have gotten so far off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save our country,” up from 15% in 2021."

Source:
https://www.prri.org/press-release/...icans-see-democracy-at-risk-in-2024-election/
Yeah the current problem with society is these so called ‘ fringe republicans’ who want to kill everyone! You nailed it!

This propaganda being pushed by the left to avoid talking about the current inept administration in the White House is embarrassing.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Yeah the current problem with society is these so called ‘ fringe republicans’ who want to kill everyone! You nailed it!

This propaganda being pushed by the left to avoid talking about the current inept administration in the White House is embarrassing.
It's funny, horshack didn't mention party.

I reckon a hit dog'll holler...

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
What happens when security can't stop the brawl? Well, hopefully, it doesn't get to that point before the game is declared over and everybody goes home.

If a LEO is not enough to discourage unruly behavior of fans, then you simply don't play the game. (my opinion)
Or stop the game when things look like they are getting out of hand.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
You think a soft white madison dude decided to throw hands with a bunch of black guys when he was outnumbered like 5 to 1? Is it possible? Absolutely, because stupidity doesn’t see skin color. But is it probable? C’mon man.
Love the way we generalize things yet again.

you don’t think there have been situations where people have started something they wish they hadn’t… or bit off more than they can chew… regardless of location, size, etc

But everyone here is running with assumptions while getting half a video from
A BS publication… much like a few people ran with a little league thread who knew about half the information of what had really happened

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I wish. Quote: "Today, nearly a quarter of Americans (23%) agree that “because things have gotten so far off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save our country,” up from 15% in 2021."

Source:
https://www.prri.org/press-release/...icans-see-democracy-at-risk-in-2024-election/
"Americans are roughly divided about whether they prefer a presidential candidate who can best manage the economy (51%) versus a presidential candidate who can best protect and preserve American culture and the American way of life (46%).'

Which one of these is Biden strongest at ?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Source:
I was going to let this go and give you the benefit of the doubt, and hope you were talking about folks on both sides of the political aisle. When you said 80M, I was like "hmmmm, that sure sounds like half the country who voted in 2020, but nahhhhh, he's talking about both groups. After all, we have plenty of evidence of this."

But nope, you were talking about "patriots", haha. Not all the folks who terrorized American cities all throughout the summer of 2020. I should have known better.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Really?! People get crazy at sporting events, even minor sporting events.

Do you ever go to sporting events? If so, then did everyone remain completely calm and just watch the game quietly?

I regularly see law enforcement at high school games. Hmmm . . . maybe they are there to watch me?
I go to sporting events all the time. Youth events. And if something like this broke out nothing there would have stopped it. 7 on 7 event happen all over the place and aren’t equipped to handle this bc it’s almost never required to handle this. Thats why I said Id never anticipate needing so much security you have to diffuse this.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
There is supposed to be no tackling but tackle Bryant did when MRA started spanking that Arkansas ***.
This is the kind of journalism I like.

I won't Wade into the rest of this thread, looks like too much fun.

Reactions: dorndawg

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

Source:
I’m not trying to deter anyone from reviewing or interpreting these studies however they want to interpret them, but it looks like this came from a poll of 2,525 individuals that all chose to be a part of the political panel. Based on this 23% number, that would mean that 580 people said that they might have to resort to violence.

Is this unsettling? For me, yes, but does it mean that 70 million Americans agree? I think that’s about as likely as someone polling 10 Californians on whether they prefer avocado toast to French fries and then using that data to draw the conclusion that half of America is ready to ditch McDonald’s

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I go to sporting events all the time. Youth events. And if something like this broke out nothing there would have stopped it. 7 on 7 event happen all over the place and aren’t equipped to handle this bc it’s almost never required to handle this. Thats why I said Id never anticipate needing so much security you have to diffuse this.
Right. I agree that most sporting events won't need any security because the participating teams police themselves or don't otherwise cause any trouble.

However, some teams have particular fans that cause trouble . . . and everyone knows who those troublemakers are.

Thus, if a game organizer knows that a participating team has (or both teams have) one or more troublemakers, then the game organizer had better have a response plan ready.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I understand that this is the reality, but I also think it's bullshlt that Provine, in your example, has free reign to do whatever they want. Why do they get to create a "questionable environment" that we all just have to deal with?
No one is free to do what they want (when it infringes on others), but if i ever get car jacked, I'm giving up the car and complying as possible to try not to get injured. Although the other party may have created the questionable environment, if they have the numbers and the advantage, I'm keeping my mouth shut, saying yes sir and trying to safely navigate myself out of that situation.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
No one is free to do what they want (when it infringes on others), but if i ever get car jacked, I'm giving up the car and complying as possible to try not to get injured. Although the other party may have created the questionable environment, if they have the numbers and the advantage, I'm keeping my mouth shut, saying yes sir and trying to safely navigate myself out of that situation.
Agree 100%. I'm still saying that it's BS that you have to.

The answer is get harder on crime. But this country wants to be softer.

Of course, the country overall is safer than it used to be per capita, but there are more people, so crime will happen more often.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I’m not trying to deter anyone from reviewing or interpreting these studies however they want to interpret them, but it looks like this came from a poll of 2,525 individuals that all chose to be a part of the political panel. Based on this 23% number, that would mean that 580 people said that they might have to resort to violence.

Is this unsettling? For me, yes, but does it mean that 70 million Americans agree? I think that’s about as likely as someone polling 10 Californians on whether they prefer avocado toast to French fries and then using that data to draw the conclusion that half of America is ready to ditch McDonald’s
Most people that say they will resort to violence really mean they hope they see likeminded people on tv do the violence for them thinking it will validate their fictitious grievances concerning the most free and prosperous society on the planet and in history. The moment they are inconvenienced in any way by folks popping off, they will whistle a different tune. They are soft people cosplaying as self reliant and angry.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Most people that say they will resort to violence really mean they hope they see likeminded people on tv do the violence for them thinking it will validate their fictitious grievances concerning the most free and prosperous society on the planet and in history. The moment they are inconvenienced in any way by folks popping off, they will whistle a different tune. They are soft people cosplaying as self reliant and angry.
1718988996562.jpeg

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
This situation was ready for a spark. MRA parents provided it, and the @SS whoppings commenced.
Situational awareness goes a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong ways.
Bottom line: this was about race.
If you disagree, prove me wrong.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

I think that what stood out to me was, from what I understood, the same poll from 2021 revealed a substantial uptick in a bent toward violence. I can't help but think that general notion of taking a violent approach to solve problems isn't at least someone being seen in things like this 7v7 fight.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
This could be true as well. I've noticed that most bad a$$es I've run across actually are pretty afraid of doing anything themselves and cower at the actual onset of fighting.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I was going to let this go and give you the benefit of the doubt, and hope you were talking about folks on both sides of the political aisle. When you said 80M, I was like "hmmmm, that sure sounds like half the country who voted in 2020, but nahhhhh, he's talking about both groups. After all, we have plenty of evidence of this."

But nope, you were talking about "patriots", haha. Not all the folks who terrorized American cities all throughout the summer of 2020. I should have known better.
No, I think that if you dig in the article cites multiple political slants. Regardless the one-time poll is less concerning to me than the general trend I believe that it indicates.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Right. I agree that most sporting events won't need any security because the participating teams police themselves or don't otherwise cause any trouble.

However, some teams have particular fans that cause trouble . . . and everyone knows who those troublemakers are.

Thus, if a game organizer knows that a participating team has (or both teams have) one or more troublemakers, then the game organizer had better have a response plan ready.
I’d imagine if Pulaski thought Bryant was so much trouble they merited extra security they wouldn’t have invited them.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
The less ability we have to govern ourselves from within according to God’s law, the more we are going to be governed from without according to man’s law. Looks more and more like we are rolling downhill like a snowball headed for hell. No kinda chance for the flag or the Liberty Bell. . . .

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
The less ability we have to govern ourselves from within according to God’s law, the more we are going to be governed from without according to man’s law. Looks more and more like we are rolling downhill like a snowball headed for hell. No kinda chance for the flag or the Liberty Bell. . . .
I'm more concerned about the people preaching we should follow God's law but have no intent on following it themselves.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Bottom line, if you organize and put on an event, you have to account for and be prepared for contingencies. Take the situation that occurred in the Junction last year, when a roving band of people got out of hand. The university had never put much regulation or security resources into the junction, they learned a lesson and now put more procedures in place. I hate it that we're to the point in society that there needs to be so much regulation, where formally society policed itself, but it is what it is.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I’d imagine if Pulaski thought Bryant was so much trouble they merited extra security they wouldn’t have invited them.
Bryant is not some rough school. May not be the best, but far from the worst.

And obviously this was just a couple of folks. The girls filming the video sure didn't seem like they were ever in danger. So all this talk of police presence is kinda dumb.

If folks want to fight, they'll fight.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Over It Reaction GIF by Bounce

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
In travel baseball a lot of times it is the mouthy moms that are the instigators and antagonizers and then expect their men to step in when it escalates.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
In travel baseball a lot of times it is the mouthy moms that are the instigators and antagonizers and then expect their men to step in when it escalates.
That blonde mom in the black in the video got dealt with. She was the one that was just laying there. Then popped up and kept at it.

ETA: Nevermind, that tall blonde one at the end was a different one. It's hard to tell, they all wear the same things.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
One thing that some of these MRA-type folks need to realize, is that there are people out there with a WHOLE LOT MORE hate built up inside of them than they do. And this isn't competitive anger because you didn't win a game - this is, I want to damage your head as much as possible type of anger. I hate that it's like this, and that we seem to just accept it, but that's the way it is.

If you don't keep it under control, yo asss can get hurt out there. Look at the way those 3 guys were going after the guy in the pink shirt at the end, they were trying to kill him.

Look at what Demonte Russell did the other day, there's no excuse to want to damage another person to that level. I honestly don't get it, it's sickening.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
This situation was ready for a spark. MRA parents provided it, and the @SS whoppings commenced.
Situational awareness goes a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong ways.
Bottom line: this was about race.
If you disagree, prove me wrong.
Yep. But the opposite direction you think

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
A very wise Little League lead umpire once taught me and other umpires to handle as follows:
1. At the first sign of parents getting out of line, call time and tell both coaches to warn their parents that the next parent to get out of line will be told to leave.
2. At the next sign, secure the game ball and tell the appropriate coach that play is suspended until the parent or parents have left.
3. After a few minutes, if the parent or parents have not left, end the game.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
One thing that some of these MRA-type folks need to realize, is that there are people out there with a WHOLE LOT MORE hate built up inside of them than they do. And this isn't competitive anger because you didn't win a game - this is, I want to damage your head as much as possible type of anger. I hate that it's like this, and that we seem to just accept it, but that's the way it is.

If you don't keep it under control, yo asss can get hurt out there. Look at the way those 3 guys were going after the guy in the pink shirt at the end, they were trying to kill him.
^^^^^wise words here.

Be cognizant of the environment you're in.

Often when it pops off, mob mentality dominates.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Another classic example of the knee-jerk over-reactionaries wanting to paint things in a particular light before knowing all the facts relevant to the case. I watched what little video there is. Can't tell who started it or how it got started. All i can tell is a bunch of adults got out of control and started acting like children, much like many of the responses on here. The ONLY conclusion one can come to here is that there are a group of parents (of BOTH colors) willing to act like jackasses and set a horrible example for the kids playing in this game.

Wytalehntr

Oct 12, 2022
Another classic example of the knee-jerk over-reactionaries wanting to paint things in a particular light before knowing all the facts relevant to the case. I watched what little video there is. Can't tell who started it or how it got started. All i can tell is a bunch of adults got out of control and started acting like children, much like many of the responses on here. The ONLY conclusion one can come to here is that there are a group of parents (of BOTH colors) willing to act like jackasses and set a horrible example for the kids playing in this game.
Best take yet!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login