OT - This is wild, MRA parents involved in a brawl!

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Another classic example of the knee-jerk over-reactionaries wanting to paint things in a particular light before knowing all the facts relevant to the case. I watched what little video there is. Can't tell who started it or how it got started. All i can tell is a bunch of adults got out of control and started acting like children, much like many of the responses on here. The ONLY conclusion one can come to here is that there are a group of parents (of BOTH colors) willing to act like jackasses and set a horrible example for the kids playing in this game.
You right. I have my biases and guesses at to what happened here but that video tells me a bunch of aint ****.

Apr 6, 2024
One thing that some of these MRA-type folks need to realize, is that there are people out there with a WHOLE LOT MORE hate built up inside of them than they do. And this isn't competitive anger because you didn't win a game - this is, I want to damage your head as much as possible type of anger. I hate that it's like this, and that we seem to just accept it, but that's the way it is.

If you don't keep it under control, yo asss can get hurt out there. Look at the way those 3 guys were going after the guy in the pink shirt at the end, they were trying to kill him.

Look at what Demonte Russell did the other day, there's no excuse to want to damage another person to that level. I honestly don't get it, it's sickening.
It's been normalized; and then you're an -ism or an -ist if you have a problem with it.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I wish. Quote: "Today, nearly a quarter of Americans (23%) agree that “because things have gotten so far off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save our country,” up from 15% in 2021."

Source:
https://www.prri.org/press-release/...icans-see-democracy-at-risk-in-2024-election/
These such articles/studies are just low hanging click bait. No matter what side you're on, if you have a cushy job, pension and fat 401k, you're not going to do anything no matter how strongly you believe the other side stole the election. You're simply not going to risk the comfort that your life is. How many folks thought the last election was stolen? Probably millions, how many showed up to protest and trespass/vandalize? A few hundred up to a thousand or so, that's it. if you have something to lose, other than gripe on the internet, the vast majority will do nothing, no matter what side you're on.

Last edited:
Reactions: ckDOG

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
These such articles/studies are just low hanging click bait. No matter what side you're on, if you have a cushy job, pension and fat 401k, you're not going to do anything no matter how strongly you believe the other side stole the election. You're simply not going to risk the comfort that your life is. How many folks thought the last election was stolen? Probably millions, how many showed up to protest and trespass/vandalize? A few hundred up to a thousand or so, that's it. if you have something to lose, other than gripe on the internet, the vast majority will do nothing, no matter what side you're on.
I agree that people in favor does not equate people who will actually do something.

It was interesting to me that despite some SPS MAGAS assuming it was targeted at them (Freudian?), there were actually decent percentages from multiple political angles that found violence acceptable. I think the general idea of our fellow countrymen thinking that violence is a proper means to and end is sad.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
I get it that there wasn’t enough security to deal with a Wild West brawl… I’m just saying, should Pulaski really have the forethought to have SWAT on site to deal with a 7 on 7 tournament?

Has society devolved to the point that we need armed federales to keep the peace when we watch our kids play sports?

It’s tough for me to blame Pulaski here.
some cultures are trained from birth to hate

Reactions: Anon1704414204

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I agree that people in favor does not equate people who will actually do something.

It was interesting to me that despite some SPS MAGAS assuming it was targeted at them (Freudian?), there were actually decent percentages from multiple political angles that found violence acceptable. I think the general idea of our fellow countrymen thinking that violence is a proper means to and end is sad.
As a population, we're too soft and have it too easy to do much other than chirp on the internet. That goes for everyone. I suspect there'll come a time over the next 50 years when life isn't so easy, then you'll see some violence. I'll be dead, but am concerned for my kids.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
God created lots of different cultures and people with different opinions and lifestyles but we still can't figger out howdugh love one another and share the world peacefully. Morning Star's still having circle jerks with his band of demons as we look on puzzled at the nature of his game.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
God created lots of different cultures and people with different opinions and lifestyles but we still can't figger out howdugh love one another and share the world peacefully. Morning Star's still having circle jerks with his band of demons as we look on puzzled at the nature of his game.
because cultures rarely blended forcefully- by definition culture is unique to a group of people.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
because cultures rarely blended forcefully- by definition culture is unique to a group of people.
But we are all born with with a moral compass and knowledge of what's right and wrong when it comes to how you treat others.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
As a population, we're too soft and have it too easy to do much other than chirp on the internet. That goes for everyone. I suspect there'll come a time over the next 50 years when life isn't so easy, then you'll see some violence. I'll be dead, but am concerned for my kids.
Along similar lines, was having a conversation with a mid-20's person who was complaining about the corporate world. I pointed out to them:

• You must have a way to feed yourself
  • We've moved from hunter-gatherer to agrarian to industrial revolution and all that paved the way for him to only work 8 - 10 hours a day to make a good living vs working pre-dawn to post-dusk and praying that weather, etc. cooperated so he could eat
  • His only real path out was find some land and figure out how to barter for what he needed and grow his own stuff
There's a happy medium between need to work hard and don't get abused by the company...

Last edited:
Reactions: greenbean.sixpack

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
It's funny, horshack didn't mention party.

I reckon a hit dog'll holler...
Horshack used data from that bastion of "independent" polling, PRRI. Pretty well known propagandist operation for the Democratic party.

I'm just saying, it's not just this guy randomly injecting partisan politics into the discussion. That would be like me quoting a poll from... well, I can't think of a far right leaning poll, NPO, fact-checker or other similar organization off the top of my head... righties aren't cagey enough to have as many well oiled systems in place.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Horshack used data from that bastion of "independent" polling, PRRI. Pretty well known propagandist operation for the Democratic party.

I'm just saying, it's not just this guy randomly injecting partisan politics into the discussion. That would be like me quoting a poll from... well, I can't think of a far right leaning poll, NPO, fact-checker or other similar organization off the top of my head... righties aren't cagey enough to have as many well oiled systems in place.
1719241870762.gif

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login