OT: Titanic submersible

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I think the only hope really is that they are found already bobbing around in the ocean. If it’s on the bottom there’s not much chance of recovering them in time

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think the only hope really is that they are found already bobbing around in the ocean. If it’s on the bottom there’s not much chance of recovering them in time
The Navy has some equipment coming in that theoretically has a chance. But it’s a huge long shot. Nothing even close to this has ever been attempted, much less planned & executed in a matter of hours. It’ll be a miracle if they’re rescued.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Think we're at the "Miracle" stage now. That's about what it will take to find and save them.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I'd be working every button sequence I could figure out on those $30 controllers.

Sony Gamepad GIF

Reactions: dorndawg

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
I thought for sure they had found one of the known underwater alien bases in the North Atlantic and were just hanging out down there. Sad news.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Man, it doesn't look good for those folks; of course I'm hoping they can defy the odds and make it. I can't think of much else more terrifying than the deep sea.

looks like the “come full circle” bits are starting to circulate

The great great grandparents of the wife of the sub captain were first class passengers that died on the Titanic.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Ok, so if it imploded on the descent, I would assume it never reached the Titanic before implosion. If that's the case, what was the banging noises that the Coast Guard said they picked up? If it imploded on descent, that would have been within minutes/hours correct? The banging was a detected a day or two later.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Ok, so if it imploded on the descent, I would assume it never reached the Titanic before implosion. If that's the case, what was the banging noises that the Coast Guard said they picked up? If it imploded on descent, that would have been within minutes/hours correct? The banging was a detected a day or two later.
It seems most likely it never reached the Titanic. It sure sounds like it failed on the way down at the point communication was lost. And the odds the vessel failed exactly at the bottom pressure amount seem very low. And the “banging” was likely just random ocean noise. I saw one guy speculate that it was likely just Titanic debris falling loose and hitting other parts of the Titanic due to rust and decay. It certainly wasn’t the crew banging on the vessel. They all died unexpectedly and instantaneously.

Reactions: SteelCurtain74

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
They’re already planning a new expedition so you can view the wreckage of the Titan submersible.

Double the risk, double the price. $500M/per person. Billionaires are encouraged to bring their children.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login