OT: Trump is announcing his VP pick today. Who will it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
If he picks Haley there aren’t words to describe how large his margin of victory will be.

that being said I will be stunned if he picks her.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
Tulsi is the unity candidate. I don't think it will be Burghum Rubio or Vance. That was a smokescreen I bet. Nikki would be a good choice tho but I doubt she has done enough to mend those fences. Trump is all about loyalty and support. Tim Scott is most likely to be chosen

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
If he picks Haley there aren’t words to describe how large his margin of victory will be.

that being said I will be stunned if he picks her.
I would highly discount that before this weekend. Some reports are that he's seeing the light a bit after nearly dying. I brush those off as PR, but who knows. The convention will tell the tale. I think if they even try with the lesser, earlier speakers, they get booed. And I doubt Trump can give his rambling speeches in any way other than how he does. I think if he tries to be peaceful, he'll just step all over himself and look worse.

• Sad
Reactions: JackShephard

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
No way it's Haley.

And I don't think Vance brings anything to the table, as far as new voters. It seems like you have to have someone who can bring people together (if I'm thinking like a candidate).

Tim Scott? It could be, just to try to solidify Trump's growing momentum with the black community. He's not a super strong candidate personality wise though.

Vivek would be interesting, but I'm figuring Trump's ego won't allow someone that intelligent and opinionated who might demand too much input.

I like Tulsi's common sense, military background, and demeanor, plus it brings in (I assume) some women voters who still hold a grudge against him for the locker room talk. She knows the democratic side of it too, so I assume that would help in strategy sessions.

Youngkin is another possibility that makes some sense, because he's more of a moderate who won't offend a bunch of people.

Will be interesting to see who it is though.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
If Trump really wanted to do the smart thing, it would be Youngkin.

But alas, it will probably be JD Vance.
Youngkin makes some degree of sense, but I can't see him picking Vance. From day 1 he'd be after the big seat: he is nothing if not extremely opportunistic. Even by politician standards

Last edited:

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I remember the day Mitt Romney chose Paul Ryan as his running mate. My immediate response was that he lost the election that day. Not that I had a problem with either guy at the time but it made the ticket so one dimensional. Big Mitt and little Mitt I believe it was called at the time. I would be happy with Haley or Youngkin but am afraid it will end up being big Trump and little Trump (Vance or Burgum).

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Hayley was still getting votes in primaries she wasn’t in.
If he can set aside ego (lol) she would be the smart play
Yesterday he invited her to speak Tuesday. She accepted the invitation. He is announcing his VP today. She released her delegates last week. Pleating of time to get her vetted. This all happened really close together. Who knows.

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
I was hoping for Tim Scott, but I don't think he'll do that. I think he wants Rubio, but the whole Florida thing I think screwed that up. So I'm expecting Burgum or JD Vance. I know there have been a bunch of MSM hit pieces on Vance that have tried to paint him as the devil (and some of the softer-headed folks among us have eaten those up), so that leads me to believe it's probably him (or at least the media is worried it's him). Out of him and Burgum, I'd rather Burgum just because he's more experienced and level-headed. My order of preference would be:
1. Scott
2. Rubio
3. Burgum
4. Vance

But I feel like it's Vance.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
I would highly discount that before this weekend. Some reports are that he's seeing the light a bit after nearly p. I brush those off as PR, but who knows. The convention will tell the tale. I think if they even try with the lesser, earlier speakers, they get booed. And I doubt Trump can give his rambling speeches in any way other than how he does. I think if he tries to be peaceful, he'll just step all over himself and look worse.
Good Grief Man. Lemme tell you I know what you're going thru. I have the same degree of hate for commonism as you as you hate Repubs. My first learning of Obama's Commie connections was a shocking and horrible experience for me. Being married at the time to a Peruvian attorney whose father was assassinated by commie guerillas back in the 80s when the Maoist style Army of Satan was trying to conquer and we considered moving to Lima for a short while a time or 2 with Obama's elections. But your take on Trump is way off. Political History was made and will go down as the most bad azz political moment in World History. MSLSD had to cancel Morning Shmoe outta fear of their "professional" anchors' mouths saying nasty things about the assassination attempt. Can't wait till they find out what the Supreme Court did today. Popcorn Time.

Last edited:
Reactions: eckie1

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
Yesterday he invited her to speak Tuesday. She accepted the invitation. He is announcing his VP today. This all happened really close together. Who knows.
This would not make me sad. I didn't list her because I felt like she was not a real possibility. If she is, I would probably put her after Scott in my list of preferences.

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
Vance Just stays in base. He needs to widen his voter pool. Someone like Tulsi Gabbard would do that. Far right is not going to abandon trump. Hayley would be more centrist. My personal favorite would be Gabbard. I would love to watch her debate.
I'm with you, I a Gabbard fan. She has common sense and says the things most are actually thinking. If Biden would have picked her instead of Harris the D party wouldn't be painted in the corner they are in right now.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Somebody that has called him Hitler, a danger the country, or similar in the past.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
John Barron

• Haha
Reactions: JackShephard

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Tulsi is the unity candidate. I don't think it will be Burghum Rubio or Vance. That was a smokescreen I bet. Nikki would be a good choice tho but I doubt she has done enough to mend those fences. Trump is all about loyalty and support. Tim Scott is most likely to be chosen
I would say that if he picks a black man, he would lose a lot of his base, but honestly his base has no choices beyond Trump at this point, so it might work for him. Zero chance of him picking Scott in my opinion, but in case nobody noticed, I'm not that close to Trump...

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
Haley would make him tough to beat. I like Tulsi a lot Ila’s she comes across sharp in interviews and watching her debate Kamala would be fun.

Either one helps the female vote. Scott is fine but not sure it moves the needle.

I feel pretty sure that the only criteria is who his analytics people say helps enough in swing states.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I am going outside the box and saying Nikki Haley.
If he picks Nikki Haley the chamber of commerce and Defense industrial complex will have him assassinated the day after inauguration.

He needs to do like Obama and Biden and pick a VP that makes people want him to survive the full four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login