OT: West Jackson X famous

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I'm not insinuating it, scooter: We clearly see both of them right here in this thread.
You think this problem begins and ends in Jackson, or MS?

Perhaps you’re right. I can’t think of any other place where there’s significant racial and/or socioeconomic separatism

Manhattan/Bronx
Gary/Chicago
Germantown/Memphis
Watts/Hollywood
Bessemer/Hoover
Berkeley/Oakland
South Africa
Gaza
Eggbowl-Red Side/Maroon Side

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You see the original crime and then you read some of these posts, and you see real quick why Mississippi has a massive brain drain problem.

People with options want to be around neither bunch.
One group carjacks and many times worse than that. The other group says mean things about the carjackers.

One is worse than the other.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
One group carjacks and many times worse than that. The other group says mean things about the carjackers.

One is worse than the other.
We have some individuals doing a carjacking here - I'm curious what "One group carjacks and many times worse than that" means? Why do you need to extrapolate it out? Who composes this group?

Say whatever you want to say about these carjackers - they get what they get. Just right here, we've had posters use these carjackers to represent "BLM" and "Biden voters". When a person takes the bad actions of a small number of individuals and makes that represent a broad group, there is in fact a word for that.

Ers236

Oct 5, 2023
Moving to west jackson is a bad idea. I'm curious as to exactly where that is. That said, there are white people in Virdin Addition now. That's probably the most notorious place in North Jackson I wouldn't want to be but apparently the gentrification crew just keep coming down Mayes Street thinking it's Fondren.

I'll likely get judged for this but one of the younger kids in the car appeared to be mixed so maybe there is a AA husband or boyfriend that is now head of household that led this crew to think they could live anywhere. The issue in several neighborhoods in jackson is if you are white, you're perceived as food. Even if you're a white well versed in street smarts and can handle yourself, that won't stop some of these hardheads from trying. Stay dangerous friends
Jayne Avenue. Over by the zoo

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
When a person takes the bad actions of a small number of individuals and makes that represent a broad group, there is in fact a word for that.
Oh, FFS spare us the semantics the word is

RACIST

I live in AL in the country because it’s pretty, quiet and secluded. My closest neighbors are all either white trash or Latino. I’m white. The only trouble I get are my fellow whiteys who are meth-neck garbage trespassers. I keep guns. Loaded. If I see white meth trash with neck tattoos walking anywhere within a mile of my driveway, my awareness spikes and I curse them for being a piece of shitt until I’m proven otherwise because I’m not stupid.

If that makes me a racist in your world, glad to do it. I refuse to be a naive target. This world is rough, and you better be careful. YOU choose to move into a trailer in their front yard, enjoy the hospitality for a while, and then you can judge me from afar.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We have some individuals doing a carjacking here - I'm curious what "One group carjacks and many times worse than that" means? Why do you need to extrapolate it out? Who composes this group?

Say whatever you want to say about these carjackers - they get what they get. Just right here, we've had posters use these carjackers to represent "BLM" and "Biden voters". When a person takes the bad actions of a small number of individuals and makes that represent a broad group, there is in fact a word for that.
Your words were “neither bunch”. I’m talking about those same two bunches that you were.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You see the original crime and then you read some of these posts, and you see real quick why Mississippi has a massive brain drain problem.

In a funny use of a Mississippian's meme...

Last edited:

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I'm not insinuating it, scooter: We clearly see both of them right here in this thread.

ETA: not sure why you had to throw fat in there as a pejorative, that's a SPS hatecrime by itself
Would YOU move to that neighborhood?

Reactions: GomJabbar

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
You think this problem begins and ends in Jackson, or MS?

Perhaps you’re right. I can’t think of any other place where there’s significant racial and/or socioeconomic separatism

Manhattan/Bronx
Gary/Chicago
Germantown/Memphis
Watts/Hollywood
Bessemer/Hoover
Berkeley/Oakland
South Africa
Gaza
Eggbowl-Red Side/Maroon Side

Sure, it's always someone else's fault. Evil and low moral people have existed since man first climbed out of the primordial oceans. But, there are many people of all races who work hard for the good life only to be threatened with crime by evil and immoral people who prefer the dark side. Unfortunately, as morality deceases in society and populations increase the likelihood of being a victim in certain demographic areas are expanding significantly as shown by your list above.

End Rant.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Sure, it's always someone else's fault. Evil and low moral people have existed since man first climbed out of the primordial oceans. But, there are many people of all races who work hard for the good life only to be threatened with crime by evil and immoral people who prefer the dark side. Unfortunately, as morality deceases in society and populations increase the likelihood of being a victim in certain demographic areas are expanding significantly as shown by your list above.

End Rant.
I agree. I'm not placing blame. I'm replying to those who judge an entire state for the actions of those who choose evil, and those who have the choice to either distance themselves from or defend against it.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
Moving to west jackson is a bad idea. I'm curious as to exactly where that is. That said, there are white people in Virdin Addition now. That's probably the most notorious place in North Jackson I wouldn't want to be but apparently the gentrification crew just keep coming down Mayes Street thinking it's Fondren.

I'll likely get judged for this but one of the younger kids in the car appeared to be mixed so maybe there is a AA husband or boyfriend that is now head of household that led this crew to think they could live anywhere. The issue in several neighborhoods in jackson is if you are white, you're perceived as food. Even if you're a white well versed in street smarts and can handle yourself, that won't stop some of these hardheads from trying. Stay dangerous friends
I work not very far from Virden Addition. I ride right through there if I want to go to the Popeye’s or Taco Bell on Northside. I wouldn’t want to live there, but I can’t say I feel like it’s the Wild West. Moderately safe. But like you said, you have to be smart. Have a little situational awareness.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I agree. I'm not placing blame. I'm replying to those who judge an entire state for the actions of those who choose evil, and those who have the choice to either distance themselves from or defend against it.
Shoot to kill. Know what that means?

#lteckart1989IYKYK

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
this will only stop when law abiding citizens start leaving them laying

patdog

May 28, 2007
I work not very far from Virden Addition. I ride right through there if I want to go to the Popeye’s or Taco Bell on Northside. I wouldn’t want to live there, but I can’t say I feel like it’s the Wild West. Moderately safe. But like you said, you have to be smart. Have a little situational awareness.
If you're going to that Popeye's or Taco Bell after dark, you're really taking your chances.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012

If forced to choose one or the other, though, who you choosing? Criminal or commenter? A or B?

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Moved to Desoto County over 2 years ago. There were hundreds of us fleeing Shelby County all bidding on the same homes, it was insanity. Neighborhoods around here cannot be built fast enough.
Hopefully Thomas Tuggle will live up to his campaign promises. I voted for him.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
If forced to choose one or the other, though, who you choosing? Criminal or commenter? A or B?
Just a goofy question since the comment you respond to clearly states it is referring to people with options.
Why even ask who he views as worse if forced to choose? That doesn't change his point that people with options don't want to be around either group.

If forced to be in a closed room with a pedophile or a serial killer, I'll choose the pedi since I will be safe...but that doesn't change the reality that people with options want to be around neither the pedo or the killer.

Reactions: dorndawg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
People are really bad at risk assessment, particularly for tail risks. The vast majority of Jackson residents, even in West Jackson, survive every year. People that don't understand asymmetrical returns look at that fact and think people are overreacting to crime and are driven by fear.

You see it a lot more in fringe neighborhoods than the most dangerous neighborhoods, but you see it everywhere it's dangerous.
My wife and her family are not liberal like me, but are from the coast while I'm from Jackson. I constantly have to argue to avoid situations like that, because they just do not get the danger, even though they constantly talk about crime from watching Fox News. Just last week I had to endure a long fight because my wife wanted to take the kids to a park in downtown Montgomery. We would have been those people. Some people just assume bad things won't happen to them.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Just a goofy question since the comment you respond to clearly states it is referring to people with options.
Why even ask who he views as worse if forced to choose? That doesn't change his point that people with options don't want to be around either group.

If forced to be in a closed room with a pedophile or a serial killer, I'll choose the pedi since I will be safe...but that doesn't change the reality that people with options want to be around neither the pedo or the killer.
Where is @ronpolk... we need the dramatic police over here, stat.**

(/joke from the other thread)

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
They're just trying to feed their families. This is a perfect example of the failure of schools and our school to prison pipeline. These kids really just need to write an essay explaining how some people might react to being carjacked and having a gun pointed at their kids to better understand their own behavior. Stop defunding after school programs. If only a social worker was around when this happened.*** There still are great housing options in Jackson and you can get a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home for under $30,000.

Last edited:

turkish

Aug 22, 2012

If I may summarize your take … Gun wielding carjacker is to internet article commenter as “serial killer” is to “pedophile.” Why am I not surprised.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
It appears one of the parents of the carjackers turned in their sin. Good on them. JPD had to go to Copiah county to pick him up. That's not an uncommon case either.

A good bit of the nonsense that goes on in Jackson and surrounding areas is instigated by people who live outside of the city limits of that area.

Canton was apparently very active over the weekend with an alleged gang war.

Canton is also known to have a resident or two come to Jackson and cause trouble.

I tell my wife and kids to always keep their head on a swivel. You never know where the crazies are coming from.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
So the car jacking suspect is from Copiah Co. and his mother turned him in.
Everybody is in on the Jack town crime.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Moved to Desoto County over 2 years ago. There were hundreds of us fleeing Shelby County all bidding on the same homes, it was insanity. Neighborhoods around here cannot be built fast enough.
We appreciate it too. Now Desoto County is turning into a hellscape.

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon13

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

No, people with options want to be able to avoid getting carjacked in their own driveway. And there is definitely perception vs reality over how elites from other places see life in MS and how life in MS really is.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
SMH at blaming the victims...
Yeah. I'm not sure who you're referring to but I hope my post doesn't come off that way.

People should be able to live where they can afford without fear of crime. However that just isn't reality in a city with a liberal DA and other cities like Memphis with George Soros DAs and under manned police forces (because of the liberal policies and politics). Criminals know they can do this stuff and not get caught or if they do....maybe probation or a few years in jail, street cred and back out. So it's best to just look after yourself and avoid crime.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
If I may summarize your take … Gun wielding carjacker is to internet article commenter as “serial killer” is to “pedophile.” Why am I not surprised.

Thats right about the SPS average for a summary.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
How is that analogy not what you said?
You called that analogy a summary. And the summary is incorrect because I did not equate internet article commentators to pedophiles.

I used an absurd and extreme example of who I would rather be stuck in a room with to highlight the point that I found that question of 'well but what if you didnt have a choice, which group would you want to be around?', to be dumb.

At no point in time did I say or even suggest that internet article commentators who assign all sorts of common political views to a couple of criminals are equal to pedophiles. As such, your summary which claims I think internet commentators are analogous to pedophiles, is incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login