OT: West Jackson X famous

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
You called that analogy a summary. And the summary is incorrect because I did not equate internet article commentators to pedophiles.
I said you made that analogy. I did not say making that analogy is equating those things. A : B :: C : D does not imply B=D. I thought you were working with more than that.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I said you made that analogy. I did not say making that analogy is equating those things. A : B :: C : D does not imply B=D. I thought you were working with more than that.
thats a penis GIF

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
X says the victims moved to West Jackson 4 months ago..... WHY? Are people really that naive??. Or maybe that house in that location was all they could afford.
This is the wrong question to ask. The question should be, "why is this behavior EXPECTED and tolerated in these areas?" Regardless of how poor an area is, why is it that these shitheads have absolutely no fear of robbing a family in broad daylight, and no moral compass around putting young children in harm's way?

It amazes me that the people who live in the neighborhood could put an end to this **** with some well-placed bullets or cooperating with police, but they refuse to do it. Then wonder why their lives are so ******.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
This is the wrong question to ask. The question should be, "why is this behavior EXPECTED and tolerated in these areas?" Regardless of how poor an area is, why is it that these shitheads have absolutely no fear of robbing a family in broad daylight, and no moral compass around putting young children in harm's way?

It amazes me that the people who live in the neighborhood could put an end to this **** with some well-placed bullets or cooperating with police, but they refuse to do it. Then wonder why their lives are so ******.
“You cannot take any people, of any color, and exempt them from the requirements of civilization -- including work, behavioral standards, personal responsibility and all the other basic things that the clever intelligentsia disdain -- without ruinous consequences to them and to society at large.”
Thomas Sowell

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
“You cannot take any people, of any color, and exempt them from the requirements of civilization -- including work, behavioral standards, personal responsibility and all the other basic things that the clever intelligentsia disdain -- without ruinous consequences to them and to society at large.”
Thomas Sowell
Thomas Sowell is a brilliant man. I would vote for that 90+ year old man 10 times out of 10 today, rather than either of our two 80+ year old choices.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Thomas Sowell
Yeah he sure wasn't wrong. I keep waiting for people to wake up but I fear it's just going to get worse.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
An analogy is a thing which is comparable to something else in significant respects.
I view that as you trying to show I view the things as equal in this instance because if you arent, then why even make the analogy?

I viewed that as you trying to equate the things because you clearly state that was your summary. If your summary wasnt to show I equate those things, what was your summary actually stating?
Like...what your summary really just an analogy without a point or intent behind it? The17 kind of summary is that?

Of course there was a point behind your incorrect summary.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Thomas Sowell is a brilliant man. I would vote for that 90+ year old man 10 times out of 10 today, rather than either of our two 80+ year old choices.
I'll give him credit: no one makes up a a preposterous position supposedly held by others (nevermind literally zero people are making the claim), then swats it away, better than Sowell. In some ways he was 30 years ahead of his time.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I'll give him credit: no one makes up a a preposterous position supposedly held by others (nevermind literally zero people are making the claim), then swats it away, better than Sowell. In some ways he was 30 years ahead of his time.
Was the statement I quoted "preposterous" ? Maybe you could give an example of one of his "positions" you consider "preposterous".

Last edited:

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Was the statement I quoted "preposterous" ?
Yep. This part of it is: including work, behavioral standards, personal responsibility and all the other basic things that the clever intelligentsia disdain.

Literally zero serious grownups "disdain" these things.

• Wow
Reactions: Darryl Steight

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Yep. This part of it is: including work, behavioral standards, personal responsibility and all the other basic things that the clever intelligentsia disdain.

Any chance he was referring to the “clever” people at the so-called institutions of higher learning that promote getting rid of those things you listed? Or maybe elected officials that promote getting rid of behavioral standards, work, and personal responsibility? You can’t think of any adults that his quote could apply to?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007

Yeah perhaps he should have said "and all the other things certain clever politicians are willing to give passes on in exchange for votes" .

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Any chance he was referring to the “clever” people at the so-called institutions of higher learning that promote getting rid of those things you listed? Or maybe elected officials that promote getting rid of behavioral standards, work, and personal responsibility? You can’t think of any adults that his quote could apply to?
Do you happen to have more information on all those folks wanting to get rid of all work, behavioral standards, and personal responsibility? I'd be incredibly interested to read up on this.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Do you happen to have more information on all those folks wanting to get rid of all work, behavioral standards, and personal responsibility? I'd be incredibly interested to read up on this.
Man, it must take serious concentration to feign such ignorance. I’d start by searching for articles about DA’s that want no punishment for crime. Or maybe governors of large states that believe shoplifting and drug use shouldn’t be crimes.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
George Soros come to mind. You've probably heard of him .
Sure, I've heard of him. Wow, he said "get rid of all work, behavioral standards, and personal responsibility?" That's crazy! Where can I read more about this???

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Man, it must take serious concentration to feign such ignorance. I’d start by searching for articles about DA’s that want no punishment for crime. Or maybe governors of large states that believe shoplifting and drug use shouldn’t be crimes.
Sounds like there's a lot of them, you can't get me just one article? And now you're telling me DA's want no punishment for crime? And governors getting rid of shoplifting and all drug use laws? I would have figured that made the news!

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Sounds like there's a lot of them, you can't get me just one article? And now you're telling me DA's want no punishment for crime? And governors getting rid of shoplifting and all drug use laws? I would have figured that made the news!
You're just being silly now. If you are this oblivious to what's going on in the Democratic run cities in this country no one is going to be able to enlighten you here.

Reactions: GomJabbar

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
You're just being silly now. If you are this oblivious to what's going on in the Democratic run cities in this country no one is going to be able to enlighten you here.
Ok I'm sure you're busy, if you run across anything be sure and send it along, thx

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Ok a mayor and a DA wants to reduce or eliminate jail for a very small number of low-level crimes. I've heard of similar.

I'm relieved, to start with yall were saying we had serious people wanting to eliminate " work, behavioral standards, personal responsibility" and "no punishment for crime". Yall were really starting to horn in on Sowell's turf.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Ok a mayor and a DA wants to reduce or eliminate jail for a very small number of low-level crimes. I've heard of similar.

I'm relieved, to start with yall were saying we had serious people wanting to eliminate " work, behavioral standards, personal responsibility" and "no punishment for crime". Yall were really starting to horn in on Sowell's turf.
Dude, you’re underwater and claim to not be wet.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Make sure and holler if you happen to come up with anything, thanks again dawg.
You said zero people take the stance Sowell referred to. I gave you two examples and you stuck your head further up your ***. I’m concerned of what you may do to yourself with further examples. Bless your heart.
People like you really confuse me. You seem intelligent, but then you go and take a stance like this. Maybe something is getting lost in the formatting. I’ll give you a pass. Probably an alright guy in person.

Reactions: GomJabbar

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
You said zero people take the stance Sowell referred to. I gave you two examples and you stuck your head further up your ***. I’m concerned of what you may do to yourself with further examples. Bless your heart.
People like you really confuse me. You seem intelligent, but then you go and take a stance like this. Maybe something is getting lost in the formatting. I’ll give you a pass. Probably an alright guy in person.
Wanting to reduce/eliminate penalties for two classes of crimes does not equal eliminating all " work, behavioral standards, personal responsibility" and "no punishment for crime".

If this was your confusion, I'm well pleased we got you straightened out.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Make sure and holler if you happen to come up with anything, thanks again dawg.
I think we all realize you’re trying to trap them into saying what you want them to say. So let’s just say all the useful idiots who want to defund the police. That’s the group that doesn’t want to follow rules, by definition. They want chaos, or at least they think they do. Many different types of people fall into that group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login