OT: Women and plastic surgeryish things

Status
Not open for further replies.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Agreed, but that makes light of our stupidity.

A healthy society would just accept themselves, eat clean and keep in shape (through a number of ways). Not this bunch. Got a bunch of 35 year old kids getting butt injections and sending dick pics.
Dick pics would have been sent 1000 years ago if people could have sent them.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
I don't like clownface much either. Mom and Dad are enjoying their retirement in Naples. I went out to dinner with them and every single lady in the restaurant had plastic surgery. It looked like a bizarre clown convention. I'm not sure how these elderly ladies look at each other and say "I want my face to look like that"
Florida or Italy??

Reactions: Fritz!

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
There's someone that looks at this site (he doesn't post) who's son owns Blackledge Face Center on Lakeland Dr. Huge Bulldawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Brazil Cosmetics GIF by MUBI

wdawg44

Jun 4, 2014
Botox conversations aren't nearly as uncommon as they used to be...
I hear women in there 20's talking about Botox and surgery all the time. 17'n outwardly beautiful (probably not their soul) women ruining there faces and bodies for the remainder of their lives. They look like a cat before they are 35. Meanwhile I see 60 year old women who haven't jacked themselves up and are still hot.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Millennia of natural selection. Millenia. There has always been, and always will be, an insatiable desire in both males and females to "attract" the opposite sex. We are hard wired for it. No amount of workplace sensitivity training will make any difference.
I am not sure "opposite" applies as much these days.

baddawggy

Jun 12, 2018
I hate women with tattoos, nose rings, goth look, purple hair, saggy boobs, saggy ***, men that look like women, women that look like men, bossy women, bi-polar women and men, Cheeto eating fatass women, just plain fat women with greasy hair, whores , women who dress like whores but don't want to be disrespected. ugly women, ugly men, women referees, goats and ole miss!

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Selfie culture and intra-female rivalry explains part of it. There's also the opposite notion that fat is beautiful, primarily another female-pushed idea (men don't say that about other men. It wasn't ordinary straight men telling Sports Illustrated to put more plumpers in bikinis. Straight women and gay men dominate fashion trends and asthetic trends, they apply social pressure to women to conform, while blaming heterosexual men or "American culture" for pushing them to get lipo and botox as though they're mere pawns and victims with no ability to resist. If it's a trend, expect women to follow it. If men do something like that, it's to impress women more than other men, although that's a reason too. Rich, married women do like looking lean and young and they work out a lot, a signal that projects wealth and status. They want lexus bodies. I'm sure their husbands don't mind that at all. (Thin women in trailor parks likely implies something other than a commitment to a healthy lifestyle.) And then for a subset of men there's that Andrew Tate nonsense and incel crap. Anyway, most men are fine with wives that don't succomb to peer pressure or look Hollywood thin.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Worse than that, why 80s looking mom jeans....terrible.

What happened to tight low riding jeans on women. How could they ever think these styles are appealing

Who woulda thought that girls and young women got tired of crack and whaltail constantly showing? Crazy, right? Who gave them a say?!

Really though, your desire for tight low riding jeans will come back in a handful of years. You will be even older and even skeezier so its really a win for you.

At this point, there seems to be very little pop fashion that is not 'in'.
- flare leg yoga pants are back in.
- high waisted leggings are in.
- mom jeans are in.
- boyfriend jeans are in.
- high waisted tapered jeans are in.
- crop tops are in.
- hoodies are in.
- oversized sweaters are in.
- fanny packs that are now just worn slung across the shoulder are in.
- chunky Docs are in.
- running shoes are in.
- tapered joggers are in.
- wide leg pants that look damn near like Jnco jeans are in.

And just for you, last year it was declared that low rise jeans are back in style. Of course thats also from the collective fashion groups that declared high rise leggings are no longer popular and forgot to tell 13-50 year olds everywhere.

Reactions: FQDawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Selfie culture and intra-female rivalry explains part of it. There's also the opposite notion that fat is beautiful, primarily another female-pushed idea (men don't say that about other men. It wasn't ordinary straight men telling Sports Illustrated to put more plumpers in bikinis. Straight women and gay men dominate fashion trends and asthetic trends, they apply social pressure to women to conform, while blaming heterosexual men or "American culture" for pushing them to get lipo and botox as though they're mere pawns and victims with no ability to resist. If it's a trend, expect women to follow it. If men do something like that, it's to impress women more than other men, although that's a reason too. Rich, married women do like looking lean and young and they work out a lot, a signal that projects wealth and status. They want lexus bodies. I'm sure their husbands don't mind that at all. (Thin women in trailor parks likely implies something other than a commitment to a healthy lifestyle.) And then for a subset of men there's that Andrew Tate nonsense and incel crap. Anyway, most men are fine with wives that don't succomb to peer pressure or look Hollywood thin.
I think I hear you saying I can't rock bejeweled jeans with holes the knees?***

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
My wife and I enjoy making fun of these creatures when we see them out and about. "Look, it's Bigfoot's sister!"

Have you guys seen this? Simon Cowell had work done recently and looks pathetic. WTF are these people thinking?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
A few things after reading this thread.

- hilarious that a thread full of dudes is criticizing women's trends and fashion. I do it too, but I recognize its pretty shatty and pretty absurd. Can you even imagine a forum dominated by women where a thread is started to complain about the fashion decisions of men 30-65 years old? Holy hell that would be a roasting of plump fashionless men.

- I dont understand the botox in the lips trend. Its hardly new and it hardly ever looks good. Perhaps thats because the examples I notice are all bad. Regardless, that just doesnt seem like a high enough success rate for it to be worth doing.

- There is much love for fat bottomed girls. If that just means athletic curves, cool. If it means sloppy curves, I will pass. A woman rippling like the Gulf's tides when she walks is not attractive to me. Its great that others out there are attractive to such waves.

- Conversely, if you think an athletic woman with hips and an *** is 'fat bottomed', then you can keep your 90's heroin models and leave the athletic beauty for everyone else.

- Social media is 100% the cause of the increase in desire/fear/expectation for this crap. It all existed before social media to be clear, but social media absolutely has fueled the increase in uncertainty and motivation beyond what existed before. Social media creates peer pressure and skewed perspectives when it comes to health and beauty.

This last comment deserves more space.
- The normalizing of weight and fat is an absolutely disappointing reality to see within our society. Weight, muscle, and fat are not moral successes or failings and therefore nobody should be treated poorly for being fat or lacking muscle. Basically, fat shaming is really 17ed up.
With that said, celebrating weight is equally insane to see. Its absolutely a pendulum swing in the opposite direction which has swung too far. Fat was shamed for so long that now we are dealing with the power and voice that fat isnt bad and in fact should be celebrated. The dbags who mistreated overweight people for so long are at fault here and now we as a society are having to deal with overweight being not just normal, but celebrated.
This isnt healthy. Like aside from the mental health debate, it literally is not healthy. Overweight people are statistically more likely to die early and rely on a bunch of medication. Why on earth is this being normalized?!
Each of us should have an idea weight and body type. We should each strive to be that so we can operate in a healthy manner for ourselves and family.

Last edited:

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I think I hear you saying I can't rock bejeweled jeans with holes the knees?***
One of my neighbors at State, a really hot gal, once bought some expensive new jeans and ripped them up. It was a trend. She looked great in everything, though.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022

- hilarious that a thread full of dudes is criticizing women's trends and fashion. I do it too, but I recognize its pretty ****** and pretty absurd. Can you even imagine a forum dominated by women where a thread is started to complain about the fashion decisions of men 30-65 years old? Holy hell that would be a roasting of plump fashionless men.
My only quibble with your long post. Women do that all the time. Women talk more shite about other women and other men than men do. Women shame others, especially other women, more than men do, especially on social media.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
We should each strive to be that so we can operate in a healthy manner for ourselves and family.
Young, single men looking for female companionship should really spend about 6 months eating healthy and exercising, gaining some self-confidence but not being too arrogant and adopting a personality that projects competence. A recipe for success. There are a lot of successful, single women going out with the gals to nice restaurants etc. looking for compatable men. Also, get a job that pays well or at least comes with status. If you're young, get in shape and become a bartender if you just want some sex. Quality women have high standards and want to marry up. That's not always easy to do. It also helps if you can make yourself taller. Male height privilege is a thing.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
My only quibble with your long post. Women do that all the time. Women talk more shite about other women and other men than men do. Women shame others, especially other women, more than men do, especially on social media.
Fully agree with your post. Yes women talk crap about other women for sure.
Since this forum is about 99.8% male though, I just commented on how all guys are bemoaning beauty standards and fashion decisions for women. I actually laugh when I think about how brutal a critique of this board's male fashion would be.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Americans spent 16.5 billion dollars on plastic surgery in 2018. The biggest reason? Instagram, probably. Not that plastic surgery wasn't a thing before, but it's EXPLODED

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Fully agree with your post. Yes women talk crap about other women for sure.
Since this forum is about 99.8% male though, I just commented on how all guys are bemoaning beauty standards and fashion decisions for women. I actually laugh when I think about how brutal a critique of this board's male fashion would be.
Men want women. Men, according to a number of studies on health and emotional well-being, need female companionship more than women do. Men wouldn't be as concerned about male fashion if women didn't make it a priority. Just one example, but one of my multi-millionaire friends dressed like a lower-middle class guy and drove a Honda accord. He didn't want to get a woman who just wanted him for his wealth. He apparently isn't all that attractive so I told him him might want to dress a lot better and buy a BMW. He did. Dude ended up with a nice, really good looking wife who gave him a couple of kids. That's a pretty good life.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

- hilarious that a thread full of dudes is criticizing women's trends and fashion. I do it too, but I recognize its pretty shatty and pretty absurd. Can you even imagine a forum dominated by women where a thread is started to complain about the fashion decisions of men 30-65 years old? Holy hell that would be a roasting of plump fashionless men.

- I dont understand the botox in the lips trend. Its hardly new and it hardly ever looks good. Perhaps thats because the examples I notice are all bad. Regardless, that just doesnt seem like a high enough success rate for it to be worth doing.

- There is much love for fat bottomed girls. If that just means athletic curves, cool. If it means sloppy curves, I will pass. A woman rippling like the Gulf's tides when she walks is not attractive to me. Its great that others out there are attractive to such waves.

- Conversely, if you think an athletic woman with hips and an *** is 'fat bottomed', then you can keep your 90's heroin models and leave the athletic beauty for everyone else.

- Social media is 100% the cause of the increase in desire/fear/expectation for this crap. It all existed before social media to be clear, but social media absolutely has fueled the increase in uncertainty and motivation beyond what existed before. Social media creates peer pressure and skewed perspectives when it comes to health and beauty.

- The normalizing of weight and fat is an absolutely disappointing reality to see within our society. Weight, muscle, and fat are not moral successes or failings and therefore nobody should be treated poorly for being fat or lacking muscle. Basically, fat shaming is really 17ed up.
With that said, celebrating weight is equally insane to see. Its absolutely a pendulum swing in the opposite direction which has swung too far. Fat was shamed for so long that now we are dealing with the power and voice that fat isnt bad and in fact should be celebrated. The dbags who mistreated overweight people for so long are at fault here and now we as a society are having to deal with overweight being not just normal, but celebrated.
This isnt healthy. Like aside from the mental health debate, it literally is not healthy. Overweight people are statistically more likely to die early and rely on a bunch of medication. Why on earth is this being normalized?!
Each of us should have an idea weight and body type. We should each strive to be that so we can operate in a healthy manner for ourselves and family.
Jimmy Fallon Waiting GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
If your wife goes to a salon regularly to have her hair colored and you don't know what it cost, do yourself a favor and let it be. Just take my word for it if you look you will just get upset and if you say anything you will regret it badly for a long time.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
How did we get the point where we are with lip fillers? Had lunch with an otherwise professional woman today and was completely distracted by her lips. They look like someone drew a caricature of her and then implanted those lips on her real face. Tragic.

Are any dudes on this board attracted to these overstuffed lips? Maybe I'm the oddity in my disdain...
Mackensie Salmon has them, not complaining.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

I'm sure it's out there, but fashion is probably a little down the list of stuff they are complaining about. Probably after staying in shape, financial capacity, how men treat them, and general personal care as far as sharing and hair cuts more so than fashion. Men and women just care about different things in mates, on average.

I think it's collagen?

agreed
Disagree. Give me the athletic ones and the 90's models.

Yup. It's awful in general and especially for women. Men compete with other men, but I think it's generally because they want **** (women, status, money, power, with the last three largely driven by wanting the first); I don't think the average man feels worthless because they are constantly bombarded with images of the top 1% of men. I think they recognize it'd be better if they were like them but don't internalize it as a failure on their part. I think even attractive/smart/women often feel inadequate because they're not top 1%. It's especially awful for teenage girls. It's sad watching how much stress and anxiety some of my friends daughters deal with comparing themselves to their friends on social media and also watching them try to curate the same type of social media image. They're all living the same type lives, all of them have social media that shows the top 10% or whatever highlights, and they all struggle because they feel like they're entire life isn't like the 10% highlights posted by their friends, even though their feeds look the same.

All of that is good and well, but the real problem is it's unpleasant for the reasonably fit people to have to see all the land whales at the beach or pool.**

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

You saying I can’t fat shame people? Why don’t you respect my lifestyle? I didn’t choose to be a fat shamer. I was born this way. **

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
All of that is good and well, but the real problem is it's unpleasant for the reasonably fit people to have to see all the land whales at the beach or pool.**
I think that instead of state ABC controls there should be a single clearing house for thongs. Over a certain BMI, you cannot legally own one. If you are over that BMI and caught wearing one, you better be able to produce a proper license that proves you legally bought it. Once produced, you have 3 months to get back into compliance or you forfeit the thong and maybe your right to vote.***

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Can I get an “Amen!”? Selling thong bikini bottoms in any size above medium should be a fineable offense, and wearing them in public if you look like cottage cheese from the ankles to waist should warrant a sentence to a diet of water, grilled chicken and broccoli at least 18 months.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I think it's collagen?

Disagree. Give me the athletic ones and the 90's models.
Ha, not sure why I typed 'botox'. Thatd be funny though.

You cant have the 90s Heroin Chic models, they died...of heroin.
Kidding, kind of.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Who woulda thought that girls and young women got tired of crack and whaltail constantly showing? Crazy, right? Who gave them a say?!

Really though, your desire for tight low riding jeans will come back in a handful of years. You will be even older and even skeezier so its really a win for you.

At this point, there seems to be very little pop fashion that is not 'in'.
- flare leg yoga pants are back in.
- high waisted leggings are in.
- mom jeans are in.
- boyfriend jeans are in.
- high waisted tapered jeans are in.
- crop tops are in.
- hoodies are in.
- oversized sweaters are in.
- fanny packs that are now just worn slung across the shoulder are in.
- chunky Docs are in.
- running shoes are in.
- tapered joggers are in.
- wide leg pants that look damn near like Jnco jeans are in.

And just for you, last year it was declared that low rise jeans are back in style. Of course thats also from the collective fashion groups that declared high rise leggings are no longer popular and forgot to tell 13-50 year olds everywhere.

Chill out...

Seriously

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Men want women. Men, according to a number of studies on health and emotional well-being, need female companionship more than women do. Men wouldn't be as concerned about male fashion if women didn't make it a priority. Just one example, but one of my multi-millionaire friends dressed like a lower-middle class guy and drove a Honda accord. He didn't want to get a woman who just wanted him for his wealth. He apparently isn't all that attractive so I told him him might want to dress a lot better and buy a BMW. He did. Dude ended up with a nice, really good looking wife who gave him a couple of kids. That's a pretty good life.

Maybe it's a good life, maybe it 17'n sucks.

I've seen lots of nasty divorces bloom out of perfect Facebook families.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

OR what about a thred full of women criticizing men for being toxic and masculine. That would be completely crazy.

Most people don't "fat shame". They point out that being fat is unhealthy and they get accused of "fat shaming".
Being fat is unhealthy. Sometimes i'm unhealthy.
Yeah there was definitely an epidemic of fat shaming that caused everyone to decide to get fat!

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Chill out...

Seriously
Nah, I think I will keep making fun of adult males who cry about how a single fashion point from 20 years ago that they enjoyed eyeing isnt currently popular.

Really though, that post was just to highlight how much is actually in fashion- even conflicting styles are concurrently in fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login