OT: Women and plastic surgeryish things

Status
Not open for further replies.

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
You're assuming my gender? I would have thought you'd be the last poster on this board to do that.
the 90s GIF by absurdnoise

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Most people don't "fat shame". They point out that being fat is unhealthy and they get accused of "fat shaming".
Being fat is unhealthy. Sometimes i'm unhealthy.

Yeah there was definitely an epidemic of fat shaming that caused everyone to decide to get fat!

Fat shaming is probably a stupid term, but there was really a pretty stiff stigma associated with being fat 20 years ago, especially for women. And not just in dating. While I don't think many people consciously thought of fat people as having moral failings, they generally viewed them as being less competent, presumably because they thought they lacked self control/discipline and just because of the halo effect of thinking more highly of people that are attractive. And I think as criticizing people generally became viewed as judgmental (whether the criticism was merited or not), there was a very short time where criticizing fat people was more socially acceptable compared to most other criticisms.

That stigma actually has been reduced a lot I think, primarily because the explosion of the number of fat people has left too few people to maintain that stigma, not because people have evolved and become better people. I don't know that we need to bring back that stigma, but something needs to be done to help people. I think a start would just to go all in on publicizing that the US gov't's nutritional guidelines were garbage and to convince a lot of fat people that they should treat carbs like cigarettes, which from a health perspective, I would think they probably are for a lot of people that are prone to being overweight.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Most people don't "fat shame". They point out that being fat is unhealthy and they get accused of "fat shaming".
Being fat is unhealthy. Sometimes i'm unhealthy.
Dude, there is a decades long societal view of fat being a moral failing due to being lazy/dirty/unmotivated/undisciplined. And yeah, people were straight up shamed for weight. Jokes, tv shows, movies, etc in pop culture absolutely targeted fat people.

I will say that in the recent 10 years, the term 'fat shaming' has continually applied to more and more comments that are disconnected from actual attempts to shame. This is what you are referring to, but are mistakenly applying it to all comments.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I think that instead of state ABC controls there should be a single clearing house for thongs. Over a certain BMI, you cannot legally own one. If you are over that BMI and caught wearing one, you better be able to produce a proper license that proves you legally bought it. Once produced, you have 3 months to get back into compliance or you forfeit the thong and maybe your right to vote.***
Please add yoga pants into the purview of the clearing house. I love a good yoga pant, but some (mostly spotted at Walmart or Dollar General, but occasionally in the wild as well) should absolutely be outlawed.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Dude, there is a decades long societal view of fat being a moral failing due to being lazy/dirty/unmotivated/undisciplined. And yeah, people were straight up shamed for weight. Jokes, tv shows, movies, etc in pop culture absolutely targeted fat people.
And then big pharma used their power to cancel anyone making these loving and constructive shames. Successfully leading to an explosion of obesity in this country and an ever growing dependence on the drugs sold by big pharma to combat all the ills brought on by fat. **

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
I hate women with tattoos, nose rings, goth look, purple hair, saggy boobs, saggy ***, men that look like women, women that look like men, bossy women, bi-polar women and men, Cheeto eating fatass women, just plain fat women with greasy hair, whores , women who dress like whores but don't want to be disrespected. ugly women, ugly men, women referees, goats and ole miss!

And Methodist!

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Fat shaming is probably a stupid term, but there was really a pretty stiff stigma associated with being fat 20 years ago, especially for women. And not just in dating. While I don't think many people consciously thought of fat people as having moral failings, they generally viewed them as being less competent, presumably because they thought they lacked self control/discipline and just because of the halo effect of thinking more highly of people that are attractive. And I think as criticizing people generally became viewed as judgmental (whether the criticism was merited or not), there was a very short time where criticizing fat people was more socially acceptable compared to most other criticisms.

That stigma actually has been reduced a lot I think, primarily because the explosion of the number of fat people has left too few people to maintain that stigma, not because people have evolved and become better people. I don't know that we need to bring back that stigma, but something needs to be done to help people. I think a start would just to go all in on publicizing that the US gov't's nutritional guidelines were garbage and to convince a lot of fat people that they should treat carbs like cigarettes, which from a health perspective, I would think they probably are for a lot of people that are prone to being overweight.
I mean maybe i missed it by my view of over weight people hasn’t changed from 21 to 41.

Being over weight is unhealthy but I’ve been bigger than I am now and I can stand to lose about 10 lbs.

But I don’t often notice little things that other people notice about people specifically and people in general.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

I will say that in the recent 10 years, the term 'fat shaming' has continually applied to more and more comments that are disconnected from actual attempts to shame. This is what you are referring to, but are mistakenly applying it to all comments.
Oh the poor poor fat lazy people.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Female celebrities are really into botox. It's getting out of control and they set fashion trends. Or is this post an example of toxic masculinity?

Attachments

• Alessandra-Ambrosio-Cameltoe-TheFappening.Pro-9.jpg
    Alessandra-Ambrosio-Cameltoe-TheFappening.Pro-9.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I mean maybe i missed it by my view of over weight people hasn’t changed from 21 to 41.

Being over weight is unhealthy but I’ve been bigger than I am now and I can stand to lose about 10 lbs.

But I don’t often notice little things that other people notice about people specifically and people in general.
Obesity rates really began to take off in the 80s. A little social shaming, nothing harsh, and nudging needs to happen. Most of it is behavior related and personal choices. It really is hard to stay in shape and a lot easier to over eat, avoid exercise and wear black. Some curvy women do look good

Reactions: paindonthurt

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

Mine hasn't either but I think society's in general has. 20 years ago, you'd go to the beach or pool and fat girls pretty much would not wear a bikini. Hell, a lot of them at the beach or pool just wouldn't wear swimsuits period. They'd take their kids and they'd stay clothed.

No, you see a disturbing number of them wearing thongs that you pretty much can't see between their cheeks eating them and their stomach folding over the front of them.

I definitely wouldn't want people to feel like they can't wear a swimsuit period; people should be able to enjoy themselves, even if they aren't fit. But I do sort of miss having people feel like it was good form to have swimsuit coverage strongly correlated with BMI.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I think that instead of state ABC controls there should be a single clearing house for thongs. Over a certain BMI, you cannot legally own one. If you are over that BMI and caught wearing one, you better be able to produce a proper license that proves you legally bought it. Once produced, you have 3 months to get back into compliance or you forfeit the thong and maybe your right to vote.***
Just a bit of friendly advice, never go to a beach in Columbia. The thong is the national swimsuit. Man, woman, fat ,skinny, young, old, it doesn’t matter. Usually black with the obligatory gold chain.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Mine hasn't either but I think society's in general has. 20 years ago, you'd go to the beach or pool and fat girls pretty much would not wear a bikini. Hell, a lot of them at the beach or pool just wouldn't wear swimsuits period. They'd take their kids and they'd stay clothed.

No, you see a disturbing number of them wearing thongs that you pretty much can't see between their cheeks eating them and their stomach folding over the front of them.

I definitely wouldn't want people to feel like they can't wear a swimsuit period; people should be able to enjoy themselves, even if they aren't fit. But I do sort of miss having people feel like it was good form to have swimsuit coverage strongly correlated with BMI.
I think we have found our answer.

I live and associate with normal people. Fat and skinny. Like the kind who were ok wearing a normal bathing suit but not wearing a Brazilian thong showing all of their sexy cottage cheese.

I also made fun of skinny and fat guys who wore a speedo which was very rare for me to see.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I would like the record to reflect that I only asked about fat lips.
"I think that instead of state ABC controls there should be a single clearing house for thongs. Over a certain BMI, you cannot legally own one. If you are over that BMI and caught wearing one, you better be able to produce a proper license that proves you legally bought it. Once produced, you have 3 months to get back into compliance or you forfeit the thong and maybe your right to vote.***"

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
"I think that instead of state ABC controls there should be a single clearing house for thongs. Over a certain BMI, you cannot legally own one. If you are over that BMI and caught wearing one, you better be able to produce a proper license that proves you legally bought it. Once produced, you have 3 months to get back into compliance or you forfeit the thong and maybe your right to vote.***"
VERY specifically related to wearing thongs. I'm in general opposed to them on the beach, but some bodies were never meant to put such a thing on in private, much less public. Mine included!

catvet

May 11, 2009
I like big butts and I cannot lie
You other brothers can deny...

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Just a bit of friendly advice, never go to a beach in Columbia. The thong is the national swimsuit. Man, woman, fat ,skinny, young, old, it doesn’t matter. Usually black with the obligatory gold chain.
Walter Payton would never...

Reactions: Dawgbite

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
We blindly put our trust 100% into advertisements and medical advice yet can't explain the obesity or either think it's okay and no big deal. The answers are simple yet muddled by ignorant masses.

Blldawg87

May 24, 2013
Shoot, a
Who woulda thought that girls and young women got tired of crack and whaltail constantly showing? Crazy, right? Who gave them a say?!

Really though, your desire for tight low riding jeans will come back in a handful of years. You will be even older and even skeezier so its really a win for you.

At this point, there seems to be very little pop fashion that is not 'in'.
- flare leg yoga pants are back in.
- high waisted leggings are in.
- mom jeans are in.
- boyfriend jeans are in.
- high waisted tapered jeans are in.
- crop tops are in.
- hoodies are in.
- oversized sweaters are in.
- fanny packs that are now just worn slung across the shoulder are in.
- chunky Docs are in.
- running shoes are in.
- tapered joggers are in.
- wide leg pants that look damn near like Jnco jeans are in.

And just for you, last year it was declared that low rise jeans are back in style. Of course thats also from the collective fashion groups that declared high rise leggings are no longer popular and forgot to tell 13-50 year olds everywhere.

Such a travesty...being a guy and enjoying the most beautiful thing on earth, sexy women, and them highlighting it in sexy clothing.

Must suck to have your mindset...but I'm sure you don't notice it.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Shoot, a

Such a travesty...being a guy and enjoying the most beautiful thing on earth, sexy women, and them highlighting it in sexy clothing.

Must suck to have your mindset...but I'm sure you don't notice it.
We have other poster's begging for thongs to be kept out of the hands of many women, yet you criticize my mindset.
Funny.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
I have never never ever noticed lips in a good way. I have noticed botox lips in a bad way. Even jennifer anniston lips look out of place now. It's a shame.

Boobs... there is a such thing as too big and unnatural, but most are good. You'd be surprised how many people have them done. I sure was...

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Augmentation/enhancements often make people feel better about themselves and their appearance, but it'd be interesting to read data on what it really does to peoples' psyche and sense of self-worth: before, after, and after multiple procedures.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Please add yoga pants into the purview of the clearing house. I love a good yoga pant, but some (mostly spotted at Walmart or Dollar General, but occasionally in the wild as well) should absolutely be outlawed.
If I ran around town just wearing my long johns that I wear deer hunting I would probably get arrested. Yet, women wear them everywhere and they have different names for them, but they are still just long johns. For any women lurking around out there, going to town in long johns with a hog ring in your nose, fat lips, and a bunch of tats is not a good look.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
How did we get the point where we are with lip fillers? Had lunch with an otherwise professional woman today and was completely distracted by her lips. They look like someone drew a caricature of her and then implanted those lips on her real face. Tragic.

Are any dudes on this board attracted to these overstuffed lips? Maybe I'm the oddity in my disdain...
Ditto. I don't get it either. Nothing about it looks natural. Another thing I absolutely loath are super long fingernails that are not only unattractive, but they are clearly a burden to the woman trying to do simple activities such as dialing a phone.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Nah, I think I will keep making fun of adult males who cry about how a single fashion point from 20 years ago that they enjoyed eyeing isnt currently popular.

Really though, that post was just to highlight how much is actually in fashion- even conflicting styles are concurrently in fashion.
And we'll keep making fun of your intelligence.

Reactions: Blldawg87

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022
A few things after reading this thread.

- hilarious that a thread full of dudes is criticizing women's trends and fashion. I do it too, but I recognize its pretty shatty and pretty absurd. Can you even imagine a forum dominated by women where a thread is started to complain about the fashion decisions of men 30-65 years old? Holy hell that would be a roasting of plump fashionless men.

- I dont understand the botox in the lips trend. Its hardly new and it hardly ever looks good. Perhaps thats because the examples I notice are all bad. Regardless, that just doesnt seem like a high enough success rate for it to be worth doing.

- There is much love for fat bottomed girls. If that just means athletic curves, cool. If it means sloppy curves, I will pass. A woman rippling like the Gulf's tides when she walks is not attractive to me. Its great that others out there are attractive to such waves.

- Conversely, if you think an athletic woman with hips and an *** is 'fat bottomed', then you can keep your 90's heroin models and leave the athletic beauty for everyone else.

- Social media is 100% the cause of the increase in desire/fear/expectation for this crap. It all existed before social media to be clear, but social media absolutely has fueled the increase in uncertainty and motivation beyond what existed before. Social media creates peer pressure and skewed perspectives when it comes to health and beauty.

This last comment deserves more space.
- The normalizing of weight and fat is an absolutely disappointing reality to see within our society. Weight, muscle, and fat are not moral successes or failings and therefore nobody should be treated poorly for being fat or lacking muscle. Basically, fat shaming is really 17ed up.
With that said, celebrating weight is equally insane to see. Its absolutely a pendulum swing in the opposite direction which has swung too far. Fat was shamed for so long that now we are dealing with the power and voice that fat isnt bad and in fact should be celebrated. The dbags who mistreated overweight people for so long are at fault here and now we as a society are having to deal with overweight being not just normal, but celebrated.
This isnt healthy. Like aside from the mental health debate, it literally is not healthy. Overweight people are statistically more likely to die early and rely on a bunch of medication. Why on earth is this being normalized?!
Each of us should have an idea weight and body type. We should each strive to be that so we can operate in a healthy manner for ourselves and family.
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

Reactions: Darryl Steight

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Downvote just all of it?

You think lips that look like a deformed duck's bill is attractive?
You think we should normalize obesity and you think it should be celebrated?
So you disagree with me and you find a woman that ripples like the Gulf's tides when just walking to be attractive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login