Our Annus Horribilis athletic year is finally over......

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
And what a way to end it. I am just so grateful we won our natty last year or I might have had to give up sports for my own good after this.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Football, baseball, and womens basketball should all be better. Mens basketball probably similar.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Well, the only way it could get worse is if we were busted for cheating.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Football, baseball, and womens basketball should all be better. Mens basketball probably similar.

Men's basketball HAS to be better, due to the simple fact that Howland is no longer coaching our team.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
I am about as apathetic over State football and college football in general as I've ever been. The transfer portal, NIL, oversaturation of the product has gotten me in DGAS mode. Maybe it's because I'm getting older(50), and in the gist of like it just isn't life or death like I used to think.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
Hey man, shut up.

|

Last edited:

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I am about as apathetic over State football and college football in general as I've ever been. The transfer portal, NIL, oversaturation of the product has gotten me in DGAS mode. Maybe it's because I'm getting older(50), and in the gist of like it just isn't life or death like I used to think.

Get out of my head.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
The Great AD Cohen will use his world class marketing department to get MSU fans excited for the upcoming athletic season.

fang

Nov 29, 2010

^^THIS^^ and I thought it was just me. I remember waiting on the pre-season Athlons when The Kang was here….

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
^^THIS^^ and I thought it was just me. I remember waiting on the pre-season Athlons when The Kang was here….

Yep. Always order the Phil Steele Mag. Used to order Athlon's and couldn't wait. This year I went ahead and ordered Phil Steele. I usually constantly check for shipping info and when it will arrive. I just got a message it shipped Friday. I really don't care if it gets here or not.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I believe in this year's Football team. They should be fun to watch. We have an extremely tough schedule, thin in places as usual but we have some really talented players.

I like the Basketball coach and think that will be fun and frustrating to watch at the same time as he builds and recruits but on I feel we are on the right track.

I still believe in Lemonis; Let's see what he can do with the need for an accelerated rebuild. This program will be fine.

Even though I'm a little Bullish overall relative to where we sit right now I agree with a lot of the sentiment you guys have expressed. For some reason "It just Doesn't Mean More" at least to me anymore. To me everything sports wise just seems so unstable since 2020....really weird.

Kenny.sixpack

Aug 23, 2021
It is reassuring to discover this isn't just me. For years my favorite show was Gameday on Saturday mornings. I followed all of college football. Slowly over the last five years I don't even know if I record it anymore. I don't know if it's the inability for different teams to have a chance, the fact that it's a semi-pro league now, transfer portals, etc. Something is different and it doesn't have the same meaning.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Cheer up man. I know exactly what you need to cure your case of The Muundays.... They are called the balconies at Davis Wade. You get to have your very own cooler and storage container, with a tremendous view of the entire field this Fall!

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Cheer up man. I know exactly what you need to cure your case of The Muundays.... They are called the balconies at Davis Wade. You get to have your very own cooler and storage container, with a tremendous view of the entire field this Fall!

Does it come with an oscillating fan? **
#hotashellupthereku

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020

I am getting the same way. I fully believe that with NIL the gap between us and the other has just widened.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Watched football Spring practices. Let’s go! We have a full squad, a good quarterback, defense is stacked, running backs experienced. I love Leach and his staff.

Jan’s and Purcell will be better.

Baseball can’t be that bad again! Get off the negativity. Hail State!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login