Our future head basketball coach....

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
....is currently leading his team against UCONN on TNT.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Looks good so far. I’m not too worried about Jans getting bigger looks if he makes a run. I’m pulling for him.

Feb 12, 2013
I have enjoyed watching NMST play. It's almost like they practice 3pt shooting and running an efficient offense**

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Our other two future head coaches....

....will be going head to head on CBS in about 30 mins.

San Francisco (Golden) vs. Murray State (McMahon)

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Looks good so far. I’m not too worried about Jans getting bigger looks if he makes a run. I’m pulling for him.

They could make a deep run. Arkansas ain't **** and I think Gonzaga is overrated. Look at their schedule....they haven't really beaten anyone. Maybe Texas.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
They could make a deep run. Arkansas ain't **** and I think Gonzaga is overrated. Look at their schedule....they haven't really beaten anyone. Maybe Texas.

They beat Texas...plus UCLA, Texas Tech, and St Mary's twice. Add USF in there twice too.
They were 10-3 in quad1 wins.

Only KU had more Q1 wins than Gonzaga and nobody had a better win % in Q1 wins than Gonzaga.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
They beat Texas...plus UCLA, Texas Tech, and St Mary's twice. Add USF in there twice too.
They were 10-3 in quad1 wins.

Only KU had more Q1 wins than Gonzaga and nobody had a better win % in Q1 wins than Gonzaga.

Whew, that's murderer's row, huh?

Gonzaga is good but they aren't invincible, and not all quad 1 wins are the same. UCLA is a 7 loss team, Tech is a 9 loss team, and St. Mary's is good but largely untested. They lost to Alabama, and in the true heavyweight matchup on their schedule, they lost to Duke. UCLA was highly ranked when they played, but they've dropped off since then.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Whew, that's murderer's row, huh?

Gonzaga is good but they aren't invincible, and not all quad 1 wins are the same. UCLA is a 7 loss team, Tech is a 9 loss team, and St. Mary's is good but largely untested. They lost to Alabama, and in the true heavyweight matchup on their schedule, they lost to Duke. UCLA was highly ranked when they played, but they've dropped off since then.

You said they havent beaten anyone, so I offered up examples that are viewed as legitimate wins(by people besides you, it appears). I also provided context for their high ranking- the number of Q1 wins and Q1 win %.

Cool if you dislike all that and want to reduce it in order to fit your narrative. This is just opinion discussing so it's nice to be able to pick and choose what metrics you will consider legitimate at any given moment.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login