Outlook for remainder of spring severe weather season

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I'm exceptionally hesitant to post this considering the time of year we're in climatologically, but the last several days' runs of the GFS is indicating our spring severe weather season may be over and our transition to a more summer like pattern is underway. High pressure is starting to build in and the flow around it is shunting storm systems off to our west and north. It has been consistently showing no severe weather threats through early May. Now this could all change tomorrow, but as it looks now, things may be shut down until hurricane season. Maybe by then diesel won't be $4.65/gallon.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm exceptionally hesitant to post this considering the time of year we're in climatologically, but the last several days' runs of the GFS is indicating our spring severe weather season may be over and our transition to a more summer like pattern is underway. High pressure is starting to build in and the flow around it is shunting storm systems off to our west and north. It has been consistently showing no severe weather threats through early May. Now this could all change tomorrow, but as it looks now, things may be shut down until hurricane season. Maybe by then diesel won't be $4.65/gallon.

You don't know how disappointed I am for the summer to start in Central Texas. Extreme drought and windy hot days are dangerous here. We've already had a few days in the 90's which is not a good precedent for April.

It may be a good tornado season for the traditional Tornado Alley or just be done but it actually was a busy March without many F4's and no F5's which is ok with me.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Same. I did some work in the field and cleared some trees that touch the southern portion of my yard and it changed the water flow. I now have a lake on the western part of my rain when it rains hard which is also where the driveway is. I haven’t been home during the day yet when it storms so I can’t go out and look where the problem is coming from so I can fix it.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I mowed my back yard with a push mower 2 days ago. Too wet for a zero turn. Front yard is too big so I'm waiting.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login