Over/Under Vitello suspension?

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
Here is the full situation with Vitello and Anderson getting ejected today.It appears Pit. Coach Frank Anderson was not happy with Alabama's reaction to Dollander's injury? Then umpire clearly wanted smoke with Anderson and tossed him while he was talking to another umpire... pic.twitter.com/yj7ai4T9jC— 11Point7: The College Baseball Podcast 🎙 (@11point7) April 17, 2022

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
I still am unclear as to what started the first coach coming out of the dugout and jawing at the umpire instead of checking on his pitcher? Seems like he was more interested in yelling at the ump than the health or his player, Vitelli is a hot head always has been, I would be 3 game suspension and good luck getting any favorable calls the rest of the SEC season!

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Yeah, he will definitely get suspended. He can’t even say he accidentally bumped into the ump. Looked like he lunged toward him. What a weird reaction by the initial coach that got tossed. Go check on your player and don’t worry about what the other team is doing.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
He should get suspended, but I have no idea how long. They act like fools all the time and I’m 100% sure the umps were tired of being treated like trash all weekend. I just wish we could hear what he said. The vol propaganda machine says the ump has a vendetta against them due to some history with the CWS.

Idk what was the deal with their assistant coach blowing up. That was just strange.

ETA: OP said guess the O/U. I’ll say 5 games.

Last edited:

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
17 the umpires always. They are all garbage all the time. Their little dingers get hard everytime they toss someone from the game. You know this by how demonstrative they are about it..

17em. Bring on the robots. And 17 Tennessee and Alabama as well. But the umpires are always due a kick in the nuts in my book.

Robots. Moar robots.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Should be a rest of the season suspension. None of that had anything to do with the umps. No reason to act a fool. Attitudes like 17 the umps always is why you have middle school kids attacking referees. Refs and umps are like cops. Usually dickheads but a necessary part of life.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
You have middle school kids attacking referees because they are little shitheads that need to be sent to the boys farm for a few years.

17 the umpires and the little shitheads and the idiots that conflate a dislike for umpires and criminal behavior.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm interested to see how this season plays out for Tennessee. Very clearly the best team in the country for more than half the season, but I suspect they're wound real tight, like their coach.

Adversity will likely come as it always does. I want to see how they handle it.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Suspend him and all his players all season and next. And cancel the stadium project.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Stupid attitudes are the very reason there are so many little shitheads running around trying to out ******* their parents

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I take it you’ve never tried to officiate any game. You should try it sometimes instead of just bitching. But I bet you won’t.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
Tennessee wants to be loud and rah rah until someone else does it to them. They need to consider how far they want to run with being the villains. It’s even spilled over into the UT media and fans. I saw a tweet from the 24/7 UT writer that said everyone in the stadium “wanted blood” during the game on Saturday. What? We’d have people lose their minds if anyone on the MSU beat tweeted something like that. Remember last year when several coaches were critical of Tennessee’s attitude in Omaha last year? Wouldn’t be surprised if the SEC has a meeting with Vitello. At some point, it isn’t just “players having fun”.

patdog

May 28, 2007
This is the same fanbase that threw **** at the Mississippi football team and cheerleaders last fall. They're not exactly the class of the conference.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Never. It's a profession that has zero accountability.

When a profession allows Joey Crawford to officiate in every NBA finals for 20 years... Or Jeff Triplette to call an AFC championship game... Or
Perry Costello as the home plate umpire in game 3 of the CWS. Angel Hernandez has called called 20+ postseason series including 2 world series and after 31 years is still at the pinnacle of umpiring...

Yeah. 17 that. They deserve every bit of criticism they get.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
You have middle school kids attacking referees because they are little shitheads that need to be sent to the boys farm for a few years.

17 the umpires and the little shitheads and the idiots that conflate a dislike for umpires and criminal behavior.

Little man syndrome

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Umps and refs should be called out with video evidence for the public to see how erroneous they are. Protesting in game is pointless. Complaining after the game is pointless. Just keep exposing the human error over and over and over publicly with video clips.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login