Pac-12 Conference Offices going remote...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
They'll likely save a bunch of money doing that - around $7 million yearly - since the offices are in San Francisco. By comparison, the SEC headquarters in Birmingham cost a little over $300,000 yearly.

NEW: The Pac-12 conference office is going remote. The league will forego permanent headquarters "to best support employees and deliver savings to member universities."— Nicole Auerbach (@NicoleAuerbach) March 29, 2022

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Probably virtue signaling of being able to work at home.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
I hate the remote office work but I’m not one that has to go into a office everyday 8-5.
I do call on some big office environments and most are still remote.
Teams and virtual sales mtgs are probably here to stay but I don’t like it at all.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
Crazy that such an idea happened less than a year after dumbass Larry Scott left the commissioner job.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Split Zone Duo said a few weeks ago that they were looking at moving to Vegas in some capacity with some presence in LA. I think the days of the Bay Area are gone.

I think the PAC-12 will rise again, but they do have some fundamental problems. Saving money is a good thing, but that's a stop gap. The key is to make money, and you must keep interest in the sport. Participation is going down out there at the youth levels (or they were, and who knows if that is really accurate, but that's the narrative), but the LA area is still very strong. First step is to keep those kids in the PAC-12 somehow. It really begins and ends with USC and UCLA, and Oregon and Washington have to stay up. Which is all possible.

Last edited:

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
In a somewhat related story, all 12 football coaches have unanimously agreed to continue working remotely during the CFP in order to spend more time with their families….per their annual tradition.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Probably virtue signaling of being able to work at home.

It seems like you don't understand that term. It is overused and misused so frequently these past couple years, it isnt surprising to see.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I hate the remote office work but I’m not one that has to go into a office everyday 8-5.
I do call on some big office environments and most are still remote.
Teams and virtual sales mtgs are probably here to stay but I don’t like it at all.

In my opinion, one of the biggest changes this pandemic has brought into our world is the use and acceptance of "remote" work. So many companies were forced to offer telework options to their employees during this pandemic, and they've discovered that productivity can be maintained without having all of their employees come into an office.

This pandemic has greatly moved forward the use/acceptance of remote work. I think, without the pandemic, we would have eventually gotten to where we are today with remote work, but the pandemic forced companies to take big leaps forward in a short amount of time.

I've been working from home for almost 10 years now, so I love it.

The remote work environment is here to stay.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
If you haven’t read up in detail about what’s going on in SF right now, you should.

Their downtown has become a homeless, drug-riddled cesspool. The DA has essentially stopped prosecuting drug crimes (selling/possession) and they have stopped requiring people to go through rehab to receive govt housing. This has caused a large influx of addicts from around the country to make their way to SF steal **** from common folk to support their drug habits. So essentially you can move to SF, buy drugs without punishment, steal without punishment and sell your stolen goods without punishment, and then buy more drugs. All while receiving free housing from the govt with no strings attached.

Their politics are ruining the city. And the people are about to vote out the DA in June who has prosecuted crime about as well as Pablo Sandoval stuck to a diet.

Their COVID panicked policies have caused a crap ton of educated to simply move out of the city. It also caused the successful recall of 3 liberal school board members about a month ago.

SF is going through a massive change right now. I’m noticing a huge political shift away from the ultra progressive woke left towards a much more central left thought process. If this kind of stuff interests you, follow Michelle Tandler and Michael Shellenberger on Twitter.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
If you haven’t read up in detail about what’s going on in SF right now, you should.

Their downtown has become a homeless, drug-riddled cesspool. The DA has essentially stopped prosecuting drug crimes (selling/possession) and they have stopped requiring people to go through rehab to receive govt housing. This has caused a large influx of addicts from around the country to make their way to SF steal **** from common folk to support their drug habits. So essentially you can move to SF, buy drugs without punishment, steal without punishment and sell your stolen goods without punishment, and then buy more drugs. All while receiving free housing from the govt with no strings attached.

Their politics are ruining the city. And the people are about to vote out the DA in June who has prosecuted crime about as well as Pablo Sandoval stuck to a diet.

Their COVID panicked policies have caused a crap ton of educated to simply move out of the city. It also caused the successful recall of 3 liberal school board members about a month ago.

SF is going through a massive change right now. I’m noticing a huge political shift away from the ultra progressive woke left towards a much more central left thought process. If this kind of stuff interests you, follow Michelle Tandler and Michael Shellenberger on Twitter.
Still safer than your average southern city. Portland too. Them two ain't got crap on Jacktown, Atlanta, Memphis or Murderham. I'd love to see those clowns set up no-police zones there.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Whoever the hell decided to put offices by choice in SF should be fired retroactively. Highest rent area ever. What the hell

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Still safer than your average southern city. Portland too. Them two ain't got crap on Jacktown, Memphis or Murderham.

Its not a competition to be the biggest **** hole city. But the fall of SF to ultra liberal policies is a fascinating subject to me. They have all the tech money and still can’t get out of their own way when it comes to making public policy for the masses instead of the few.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Its not a competition to be the biggest **** hole city. But the fall of SF to ultra liberal policies is a fascinating subject to me. They have all the tech money and still can’t get out of their own way when it comes to making public policy for the masses instead of the few.
Agree that it should be one of the nicer cities out there. But that's generally what causes affluent areas to go down, they adopt stupid policies. Austin and Nashville will eventually find this out too, they will also go full-scale dumb once those far-lefties all get elected (because all the conservatives are in the suburbs).

But beauty is still always in the eye of the beholder. I have a feeling I'd still consider SF fairly safe if walking around downtown. I walk around DC all the time and that homeless situation has been out of control there forever.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Whoever the hell decided to put offices by choice in SF should be fired retroactively. Highest rent area ever. What the hell
Wasn't always that way. Happens over a period of 30-40 years. Many people who got in early out there and held their houses for that period of time made BANK once the stupidity crept in.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login