Penn Staters - 2024 Olympics

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Nice throw by Kovacs. Congrats to
him. The gold medal winner looked to be unbeatable.

kgilbert78

Oct 25, 2021
It would be nice if the NCAA was watching this and encouraging schools to add men's gymnastics.

Bob78

Oct 12, 2021
Side note related to Penn State -- Stamatia Scarvelis, of Greece's Team in the women's hammer (T&F event), has been training at Penn State for quite some time, along with other Olympic hopefuls. She is American, of Greek heritage, went to UCLA and Tennessee. She finished ~ 17th in the event's trials just this morning, with a best of 69.3m, and is out of the final medal competition (top 8, I think).
She is friends with my daughter, who tells me she will be back in State College this fall to continue to train.

That said, it is fun to watch all the Nittany Lions compete in the Olympics as among the absolute best in their sports/events. And especially when they do well.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

Why didn’t someone announce this in a separate thread!?! Crap. I missed the match against France. Someone please alert me when women’s volleyball is on - thank you!

Also, anyone know how significant Carlini’s injury is? Hope she gets better soon by happy for the GOAT Micha.

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
Why didn’t someone announce this in a separate thread!?! Crap. I missed the match against France. Someone please alert me when women’s volleyball is on - thank you!

Also, anyone know how significant Carlini’s injury is? Hope she gets better soon by happy for the GOAT Micha.
Carlini seems day to day and close to returning based on the broadcaster's comments today. The rules allow them to bring her back and move Micha back to an alternate, which seems likely at some point.

Reactions: Midnighter

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login