People are praising Lebby for slowing the game down….

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
…..and grinding the clock. Shortening the game in other words. And in saying that, saying he’s “adapting”. I would agree that it was a good decision in the short term. But anybody could have made this decision.

But what worries me…..Croom also did this from time to time (Florida 2004). And when I say “did this”, I mean, adapted from what they do. Even Sloppy Joe did it (Auburn and aTm 2018).

Will Lebby do it when we have a legit shot to win? Not when we’ve already mailed in the loss like yesterday, and just don’t want it to be too bad.

And in another vein….why not try and develop the team the way you think it should be developed? Take the lumps now, for a payoff later.

I’m truly on the fence with this.
I have to say… I’m still really struggling with those that are treating this past Saturday as some big step in the right direction. We beat the spread and our team showed some signs of having a pulse which is certainly a positive sign compared to train wreck that we’ve been witnessing for weeks now. Great

That said, we had 294 yards of offense on Saturday, 40 more that UTSA had against them, dropping us to 79th in the country just behind WKU. Likewise, we gave up 520 yards on defense which means that we’re now 118th in total defense.

It wasn’t a display of total incompetence, I’ll give the coaching staff that, but I can’t help but feel like any silver lining found from the weekend is little more than a sign of how horrendous this team was the prior 3 weeks

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I have to say… I’m still really struggling with those that are treating this past Saturday as some big step in the right direction. We beat the spread and our team showed some signs of having a pulse which is certainly a positive sign compared to train wreck that we’ve been witnessing for weeks now. Great

That said, we had 294 yards of offense on Saturday, 40 more that UTSA had against them, dropping us to 79th in the country just behind WKU. Likewise, we gave up 520 yards on defense which means that we’re now 118th in total defense.

It wasn’t a display of total incompetence, I’ll give the coaching staff that, but I can’t help but feel like any silver lining found from the weekend is little more than a sign of how horrendous this team was the prior 3 weeks
agree. Texas plays Oklahoma and Georgia the next 2 games. They were vanilla. Certainly not trying to do anything fancy. Wanted to win and get out healthy. They had a number of touchdowns called back, dropped a few others... and still beat us by 3 TDs and doubled us up yardage wise.

Its bad when someone can play their C- game, with their backup Qb, win by 3 TDs, and we are clamoring about positive steps. If thats the case, I guess we are or were at rock bottom.

Reactions: bulldoghair

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021

I honestly don't think anyone has really said anything different. Nothing more than -
our team showed some signs of having a pulse which is certainly a positive sign compared to train wreck that we’ve been witnessing for weeks now.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login