Please retire Mike

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Not in year 3. How can you not see how dumb and illogical you sound?
Expound.
Mullen’s 10 win season had zero wins against a team that finished in the Top 25. I will admit that beating LSU, Auburn, and aTm was fun, but all those programs were waaaay overrated that year. We had also given Dan six years to put that team together.

I bring up the Urange Bowl because it showed the SEC was overrated that year.
Fair enough. Tell me this, how many other 10 win seasons have we had? Enough to blow it off as no big deal? I think I'm correct in saying we have had a grand total of THREE. One each from McKeen, JWS, and Mullen. I'm pretty interested in "MSU" people that go out of their way to denigrate those three seasons. (other than Mullen losing to the Rebs in his, criticism of THAT is always legit) No season when we lose to them is a complete success, nor is any season we beat them a complete failure. This year is Leach's third, he is yet to beat them. His predecessor never lost to them. Beating them might not save you, but losing to them damn sure won't.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Mullen’s 10 win season had zero wins against a team that finished in the Top 25. I will admit that beating LSU, Auburn, and aTm was fun, but all those programs were waaaay overrated that year. We had also given Dan six years to put that team together.

I bring up the Urange Bowl because it showed the SEC was overrated that year.
But he did win 10. Think we get there this year?

Reactions: mcdawg22

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
And we weren’t competitive in any game with a team that had a pulse. Our zero star offensive line got its Poo pushed in against a decent DLine. We weren’t close against UA-T. Northern Miss beat us up and down the entire game. And we couldn’t even beat a triple option GTU team in Dopey Dan’s high water mark. But, hey! Let’s fire a proven Coach and hire a never was in Dopey Dan Mullen.
Think we get to 10 this year? Even close?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Because that’s where Mississippi State is. Winning 6 or 7 games a year should be the usual and then sneak in 8-10 every once in a while. If you’re expecting 9-10 wins every year then you’re going to need to find another team.
So you are basically giving up. I don't want to.

tribaldawg

Sep 1, 2012
But does it have to be? I don't think so. If OM can have an aggressive, undefeated team with a promising future, we can too.
OM has played crap teams with the exception of Kentucky and scored 5 more points than we did against Kentucky on their home field. We have OM’s schedule next year and they have ours so we will see how it goes.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
What team did we beat in 2014 that finished in the Top 25? We got throttled in the Urange Bowl by a triple option Georgia Tech team that we had waaaay more talent than. It is the easiest defense to scheme against when you have a month to prepare, yet we looked lost that night.
People love to overlook the fact that the ‘14 team **** the bed big time. The fact is they beat overrated teams early and rode that momentum until Alabama then they fell apart. Ole Miss and GT made them look stupid.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
If I remember correctly, Tx Tech got progressively better under Leach and I see no reason why that can't happen here. I'll continue to support this team. I can't the believe the number of 17ing 17s that don't pull for the coaches and players.
Tech was 13 years ago and his gimmick offense was still in its infancy and new to DC's. At his last stop before here he was .500 in conference (which is where it counts). Here he is 9-13. He runs the same offense now as he did at Tech and has the same game plan every week. Get accustomed to 6-8 wins a year and an occasional 5-7 or 9-3

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
He averaged a losing conference record, like everyone else.
He also won 9 in year two after just missing 6 wins year one on a tipped pass against LSU. Mullen will have a better 3 year record than Leach. And records will never lie. Teams are what their records say they are. 7 wins this year would be disappointing with what we returned. But if OM is one of those 7, I'll say next year is the year. Of course, we arent going to fire Leach anyway.
Going to be curious to see who leaves after the season. Rumors of a number of guys not coming back. Including a few of the Covid guys we thought would.

Reactions: patdog

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
And we weren’t competitive in any game with a team that had a pulse. Our zero star offensive line got its Poo pushed in against a decent DLine. We weren’t close against UA-T. Northern Miss beat us up and down the entire game. And we couldn’t even beat a triple option GTU team in Dopey Dan’s high water mark. But, hey! Let’s fire a proven Coach and hire a never was in Dopey Dan Mullen.
How many points has Leach scored on AL? How many we give up HS them? LOL
The team folded and our DC quit before the GT game.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I know y'all hate reality but put anybody other than Alabama or Georgia in the SEC our schedule and see how they do.

You guys convinced yourself we were going to have a nine or 10 game winning season with the schedule we haven and are all pissed off that reality smacked your *** in the face.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Take out Leach's 1st year (3-7) which was a Covid year and he's been playing .500 SEC ball since at 6-6. Losing to LSU & KY when we were favored sucks as$ because of the returning starters and the preseason hype that brought to STATE's fanbase. At this point, I'm not expecting to beat any teams for the remainder of the season that have athletic defenses that are gonna put pressure on Will. Call it Leach's inability to deal with it from a X's & O's standpoint or the lack of offensive line talent to protect Will against those types of defenses; I'm not football savy enough to draw an educated conclusion on that specific issiue. I'm just convinced at this point we ain't gonna get that fixed immediately or for the remainder of the season. We're gonna get skull drug by Bamer & UGA but I'm still convinced we can beat AU & tsun and finish 4-4. Coaching .500 SEC football at STATE says we keep the guy and see if he can continue to improve. He only needs to retire at this juncture if that's what he wants to do.

Reactions: HamSammich

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Expound.

Fair enough. Tell me this, how many other 10 win seasons have we had? Enough to blow it off as no big deal? I think I'm correct in saying we have had a grand total of THREE. One each from McKeen, JWS, and Mullen. I'm pretty interested in "MSU" people that go out of their way to denigrate those three seasons. (other than Mullen losing to the Rebs in his, criticism of THAT is always legit) No season when we lose to them is a complete success, nor is any season we beat them a complete failure. This year is Leach's third, he is yet to beat them. His predecessor never lost to them. Beating them might not save you, but losing to them damn sure won't.
Expound on what? That Jackie didn’t win big until year 8? Mullen didn’t until year 6? It’s not that hard, no idea why you’re missing it.

They both had a decent year early (Jackie 1994, Mullen 2010) but neither made a run into well into their tenures.

Its year 3. Leach will go 8-4 or so this year. But we won’t build to 10-2 level until later.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Mullen averaged 7.2 wins a year or something close to that. Less than 8. Its easy to check the stats. The entire team played like crap. Terrible game by all participants including the coaching staff.

Benny.sixpack

Dec 8, 2008
Dopey Dan went 3-3 his last six years against UK under Stoops. This is not the Kentucky program with Joker Phillips at the helm. People here are acting like we just lost to Maine or Southern Alabama.
Lolol what? Dan was 8-1 against Kentucky in 9 years. Only loss being in 2016 on a last second field goal.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
But does it have to be? I don't think so. If OM can have an aggressive, undefeated team with a promising future, we can too.
This MSU team would be 7-0 at this point with the current UM season. They would beat Kentucky at home based upon what I have seen. That is the only game where UM even had to sweat.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Expound.

If all our other coaches had 13 games to get it done, we probably have another 13 of them. And that doesn't get into the fact that Dan got to add more gimmes.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Mullen averaged 7.2 wins a year or something close to that. Less than 8. Its easy to check the stats. The entire team played like crap. Terrible game by all participants including the coaching staff.
7.7 actually. Would be 7.8 if he gets credit for the bowl win his last season. I’m indifferent on Leach retiring. Wouldnt mind if he does & don’t mind if he doesn’t. For the record, I don’t think he’s retiring any time soon.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Expound.

Dan's 10-win season didn't just include wins against a few overrated SEC teams, but 5 of those wins were:
USM
UAB
South Alabama
Tenn-Martin
Vanderbilt

Makes a difference.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Please retire Cooterpoot. We're never going to be a better fanbase with people like you bitching after every loss.
Check back end of year. Leach better find a way to get 8 this year and/or beat OM. He's done nothing so far. After our annual AL beat down this week, we've got a couple wins lined up hopefully. Then we've got UGA and OM. Two top 7 teams right now. We've been favored in the last 9 games til this week and we're 5-4 in those. Leach will be an even .500 after this week.

Reactions: patdog
Oct 17, 2022
Check back end of year. Leach better find a way to get 8 this year and/or beat OM. He's done nothing so far. After our annual AL beat down this week, we've got a couple wins lined up hopefully. Then we've got UGA and OM. Two top 7 teams right now. We've been favored in the last 9 games til this week and we're 5-4 in those. Leach will be an even .500 after this week.
have you heard of Prozac

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login