POLL: Predict the remaining schedule...

Predict the remaining scheduling

• Total voters

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
He’s not safe at 6-6. Lots to be desired in the way he’s running the program and lots to be desired on what the future holds. Has to win 7 to be 100% safe into next year. Anyone saying a7-3 win or a 6-6 finish’s and he’s most certainly back doesn’t understand how this program is being run
There's no one on these pages that really know how things are being run.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Don't think MSU will throw away 9 million for a bridge hire.
I believe his buy out is less than that. I think it is 1/2 of what is left on the contract when they fire him. So, most would be 4.5 million, that's half of 9 million but will be less because we have already paid him some money this season. That is a candy *** contract that Miss State could easily pay. I am not advocating his firing. I am just stating State can afford to fire him.

Reactions: Duke Humphrey

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I am just guessing, and we really don't know Selmon yet.
Finally a sensible comment....and yes.....none of us know Selmon yet. Only Selmon and Keenum know the real discussion going on that matters.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
I just think Keenum thought his back was against the wall. No AD and the HC just died a few weeks before signing day. I think he made a decision to save or to have a signing class, but at least he was smart enough not give a ridiculous contract that the next AD could not get out of if he wanted to move on. I personally wish he would have just hired an AD and hope for the best in the signing class and go to the portal to make up for it. Selmon probably has some connections and probably could have gotten a really good coach. But here we are I know a lot of you disagree, but I really feel if Selmon wants to move on he will. I don't think there will be any pressure from anyone not to.
The pool for AD was going to look drastically different had the first order of business been to hire a HFC. Had Keenum decided to hire AD first instead of football coach, i do not think Selmon would be the AD. Structuring his contract essentially got you an interim without the title of such in today's market.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Don't think MSU will throw away 9 million for a bridge hire.
Well this comment alone lets everyone know you don’t have a clue what you are talking about. His buyout is around 4.5 million to be paid out over 3 years. Also, it’s mitigated which means should he gain employment we take the money that he earned each year off the yearly compensation of the buyout.
again he’s not necessarily safe at 6-6

patdog

May 28, 2007
Finally a sensible comment....and yes.....none of us know Selmon yet. Only Selmon and Keenum know the real discussion going on that matters.
I know Selmons been here 10 months and hasn’t done a damn thing yet. Very disappointing hire so far.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
He’s not safe at 6-6. Lots to be desired in the way he’s running the program and lots to be desired on what the future holds. Has to win 7 to be 100% safe into next year. Anyone saying a7-3 win or a 6-6 finish’s and he’s most certainly back doesn’t understand how this program is being run
well. tell us how it's being run then

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
I know Selmons been here 10 months and hasn’t done a damn thing yet. Very disappointing hire so far.
Taking Lemonis off the table, what is he supposed to be doing and what hasnt he done that is so disappointing?

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
If your standard for Mississippi State football coaches is NY6 bowls, you will bd eternally disappointed. Seriously, you should find another team to support. Because it’s never going to happen with any consistency here.
I get it, I know that's the way it has always been, but isnt that the problem. If we take this approach we are conceding to not compete. I am not asking to make a NY6 bowl every year, but I would like to be in a position to compete for one every 4-5 years. If we are doing this, there will be years that we fall a little short, there will be years that we hit the mark, and there will be years that potentially exceed the mark.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
You would be very wrong in this assessment
I guess we will know one way or the other in a few weeks. If we wouldn’t come up with the cash to buy out Lemonis what makes any one think we will come with even more cash for Arnett. We just barely finished up buying out Slomo. Financial People I know close to the program tell me that we are thin on extra cash. I can’t confirm but I believe them. In a few weeks you can tell me that I am “very wrong” and I will be fine with that statement, but I don’t think I am wrong. We can reconvene this meeting after Thanksgiving.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login