Predict the upcoming Kim Mulkey scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Kind of wild situation. Twitter was ablaze this afternoon from Forde, etc. regarding LSU “circling the wagons” about something coming out in the WaPo about Mulkey.

Now announced that Mulkey is planning to sue the newspaper for planning a “hit piece” on her?

What’s it gonna be? I’m going with all the sequins on her blazers have been sewn on by human trafficked labor….at a children’s hospital.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Live look in on her son...

Dance Deserve GIF by Dr Pepper

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Kind of wild situation. Twitter was ablaze this afternoon from Forde, etc. regarding LSU “circling the wagons” about something coming out in the WaPo about Mulkey.

Now announced that Mulkey is planning to sue the newspaper for planning a “hit piece” on her?

What’s it gonna be? I’m going with all the sequins on her blazers have been sewn on by human trafficked labor….at a children’s hospital.
I think of this whenever I see her face or hear her speak.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
“Teo

“Two trailer park girls go ‘round the outside, ‘round the outside, ‘round the outside….”

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Liberal media trying to torch a public figure whose views don’t align with the progressive left. Same **** different day.

I don’t care who Mulkey votes for or what she does in her spare time. The story here is more about the media’s agenda, but everyone has grown so accustomed to this that we’ve become callous.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
Liberal media trying to torch a public figure whose views don’t align with the progressive left. Same **** different day.

I don’t care who Mulkey votes for or what she does in her spare time. The story here is more about the media’s agenda, but everyone has grown so accustomed to this that we’ve become callous.
My first thought was something maga related

Reactions: LADog

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Yeah, a women’s basketball coach that doesn’t support LGB would be about as worthless as a College Baseball Coach that doesn’t like players that listen to country music.

I would be a little ironic if an LSU coach got blasted for being anti-LGBT if you know their previous history i.e. Pokey Chatman

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I would be a little ironic if an LSU coach got blasted for being anti-LGBT if you know their previous history i.e. Pokey Chatman
I am just confused what Griner has to do with it. I thought that dude liked chicks so how is he gay?

Reactions: Drebin

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

I mean, maybe see what the story is before commenting? Perhaps I should have put the “wrong answers only” disclaimer above.

The story might be a lot more than who she votes for, or what she does in her spare time….neither of which would be very newsworthy for a women’s college basketball coach unless something in the latter category was illegal.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I wish I could come up with a catchy little reason for the upcoming story but I'm just fresh out of give a 17s when it comes to breaking stories concerning college athletics since transfers and NIL took over the headlines, especially when it come to LSU women's basketball

Reactions: patdog and HRMSU

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I guess I’ll just wait and see what it is. All I know is whoever this is for the Washington Post better have their shít together or they’ll be destroyed.
Given that they have the subject of the story publicly and childishly threatening a lawsuit before the story is even released, I’d be almost certain that they do have all shít correctly assembled. They have nothing to fear as long as everything published is factual.

If you’ve ever read any big exposé on some public figure that airs a bunch of dirty laundry, you’ll always see the classic line - “_______ and his/her representatives refused to comment or answer any questions on the allegations”. Asking the accused is always the last thing that happens before the story runs. They already have everything they need, but its journalistic ethics to at least attempt to get both sides on record, and disclose if you aren’t able to do so.

This week, Mulkey was asked to comment on it, refused, was told they had a deadline to get their word in and are now getting pissy about it. Today’s statement reeks of Mulkey / LSU trying to get out ahead of some really bad publicity to try and control the narrative. The lawsuit threat was directed at the WaPo, but its real purpose is indirect intimidation towards any witnesses giving the info for the story….trying to get them to recant their statements. Its a really bad look.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Picking a fight with the Post (I hate them too) is generally a VERY bad idea. Ask Richard Nixon.
As the old saying goes….don’t start a war of words against folks who buy ink by the barrel.

Doesn’t matter which news media entity it is….never really smart. Also only draws even more interest to the story, whenever it does come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login