PSA...... Refrigerators

Oct 17, 2023
we were looking at fridges last year. The saleswoman was determined to sell us one with ability to see on your phone what was in your fridge so that you could check what you had in the fridge while at the grocery store. We kept telling her that we wanted the simplest fridge available, but she was so insistent on that model that we walked away and went to another store.

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023
You SOB’s put the maytag man out of business 30 years ago with all the great products.
Ya’ll need his *** now

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Few guys seem to want to go into appliance repair even though that can be a good career. I know a couple who generally recommend GE appliances but also like Frigidaire and whirlpool because these are easy to repair. For washers and dryers you can add Electrolux and LG. We have a large LG ventless heat pump dryer that works well so far and solves our nightmare of a venting issue. Get a Bosch dishwasher. Unless, of course, wifey really requires high-end appliances then you're paying a lot more for status and repairs.

Of course ice from a sub zero tastes so much better than everything else.***

Last edited:

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
My dishwasher will not dry the dishes. I replaced the heater coil but still won’t get hot enough to dry everything. Any ideas?
I have the opposite problem. We can’t use “dry” setting on DW unless we want melted plastic the clean up

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
To get completely domesticated with this topic - Speed Queen washers and dryers. Your thoughts?
Have one. Simple. Tough. Steel. Expensive for the features, but I got sucked into buying a front load washer that lasted about 3 years, never again. Buy from a local dealer, pay the money, and tell your wife she can stuff all the GD comforters and cushions she wants into it, and hit start.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login