QB Controversy

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I shitt just fine thank you.

the point I was making is that he was not given as many opportunities to score not being in the game in the red zone. Their is a reason they call it the redzone. He got no opportunities to throw. So no chance for a td pass. He never got a snap with in 25 yards so he would have had to break a big one. He did but our receiver turn to look instead of block. Creed busted the big one with him in too because all eyes were on Mike.
Hmm, you would think the OC would have Wright raining h*ll from above instead of running. ***

Did you stop to think maybe the coaches didn't want Wright passing the ball for some reason? I'm sure we will see him throw the ball in the game against Arizona since game film will show that he doesn't.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I’m not rereading the thread, but I don’t think anyone’s calling for a QB change. We’re simply saying with Wright in the game our run game is very dynamic, where as it’s far more predictable with Will. We want to see what Wright can do passing to see how productive his offense can be. I will say his stats posted above aren’t nearly as bad as I expected.

Will’s offense is mostly screens and check downs with the occasional pass over 10 - 15 yards. I feel like that’s a doable plan for weaker passer.
Just go back 3 posts.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Only chance we have of winning sec games is playing Wright.
Do your parents know that you are spending this much time on the internet? Go outside and get a little exercise. It just occurred to me that you are probably Irishes kid.

• Haha
Reactions: Ranchdawg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
That’s a load of bull. He added 95 yards and no scores. We already have a nice group of guys that can run the ball. If he can’t throw then he is a gimmick at best. Toss him in occasionally to get a first down with a chance at a lucky TD.
So he averaged more yards per carry than Rogers did per completion.

Reactions: blitz2Win

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
He averaged more yards per carry than any RB. Start him over everyone else. Wait, put Creed at running back. Great average.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I shitt just fine thank you.

the point I was making is that he was not given as many opportunities to score not being in the game in the red zone. Their is a reason they call it the redzone. He got no opportunities to throw. So no chance for a td pass. He never got a snap with in 25 yards so he would have had to break a big one. He did but our receiver turn to look instead of block. Creed busted the big one with him in too because all eyes were on Mike.
The MiraLAX statement was not for you specifically; I was tired of reading the trolls and it just happened to end up in that thread. It was late and I was tired. Sorry, but I think you're partially correct.

Wright is a one dimensional player. Yes, he could've got the ball more in the red zone. I don't run the offense. That did not stop him from scoring when he did have the ball. A missed block did. But he's not unusable just because he is a backup quarterback.

Will Rogers is not Aaron Rodgers and has never been close to being that quarterback. Right now, he has the most experience by far, usually takes care of the ball (usually), and can complete most of the passes and run the current offense. What you saw Saturday was a very watered-down vanilla version of our offense. He has also created a ton of offense and completed a ton of passes.

He's the best we have until we get an accurate two-dimensional quarterback. Wright showed he has enough speed and can change the game dramatically. We need to use him more, but we don't need to bring him in and put Will Rogers out at wide receiver when we do. That's just asinine. It's telling both quarterbacks subtly you might not be able to score by yourself. Bringing him for a play or two disrupts our offense's rhythm. He must take over an entire series or be wrong when we get in the red zone.

We need to switch him out with Creed and Tulu. All three guys can take it to the house anytime they touch the ball, and Creed showed that Saturday.

I have to preface all this by saying I could be completely wrong because it was our first game, and yeah, we were flat as hell! If we come out like that for the 1st half of any other game this year, we will lose. But I imagine all the coaches and players know what happened Saturday and are working on it.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
What Wright adds in the running game is more productive than Will in the passing game. We really need to see how Wright throws to validate that, but our run game is so much better with him in there.
We have a QB controversy? Didn't know that nor did I see it on the field.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
There’s no controversy. Will had a really bad game, but he’s the starter. He’ll be better as the season goes on.
We’ve also run off our entire QB room that we’d amassed the past few years. And there were some damn fine players in that room.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login