QB position next year.

Dec 23, 2017
Will is a fine young man and the team leader. He's the highest rated QB in the SEC for a reason. Leach is a QB whisperer and offensive genius. Coach has won everywhere and is a model citizen in the community. He drinks Strange Brew coffee. 2023 will be a great season and Rogers will be the bell cow.

Last edited:

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
We couldn't win the West with the best player in school history at QB.

It's a goal, but why not be real about it??

Exactly....we've won the West 1 time....EVER. To act like Will is keeping us from winning the SEC West is freaking hilarious. Maybe we could get Madkin to show him how to get us to Atlanta

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
If you look at the very best teams in the SEC, they have better players than we have in many/most/all positions - not just QB. Like others, I hope Will improves in the off season and shows up as a better man. However, more than that, I hope everyone else who will start next year make the level of improvement some of us claim Will needs to make. Think how much closer to being the very best team in the west we would be if everyone played better and just di their job. The problem between 8 wins and an undefeated season is on the shoulders of many more than just Will, who happens to be a record setting QB right now.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Will is a fine young man and the team leader. He's highest rated QB in the SEC for a reason. Leach is a QB whisperer and offensive genius. Coach has won everywhere and is a model citizen in the community. He drinks Strange Brew coffee. 2023 will be a great season and Rogers will be the bell cow.

This kind of sunshine and rainbows doesn't help those of us who are trying to defend him.

Is there actually some QB rating besides gross numbers that rates him highest in the SEC? He's not close to highest in subjective NFL scout ratings.

Last edited:

Joe Schmedlap

Aug 11, 2010
I just wish we had a 2nd QB to bring in for certain situations. Will is a great kid and accurate when given time. He’s also a club foot slow mofo. It would be nice if Coach Leach would adapt and have a short yardage offense with an athletic QB. Otherwise, I fully expect Will Rogers to be the starting QB in 2023.

Reactions: She Mate Me

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I just wish we had a 2nd QB to bring in for certain situations. Will is a great kid and accurate when given time. He’s also a club foot slow mofo. It would be nice if Coach Leach would adapt and have a short yardage offense with an athletic QB. Otherwise, I fully expect Will Rogers to be the starting QB in 2023.

I like Will and agree with this.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We couldn't win the West with the best player in school history at QB.

It's a goal, but why not be real about it??
But we competed for it. We were undefeated until November. Give me that. Just because it didn't end the way we wanted, doesn't mean it wasn't great. I'll take 2 losses in the regular season and a NY6 game any year. 8-4 Should be our floor goal. I don't think Will can get us beyond 8 wins, even with a better schedule next year. Good kid. Not a good QB.

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
No, that's not at all what I said.

We are trying, but not winning the West doesn't equate to our QB sucks and needs replacing. Unless you thought that about Dak Prescott as well.
The QB stinks. Did you watch us this year?

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
But we competed for it. We were undefeated until November. Give me that. Just because it didn't end the way we wanted, doesn't mean it wasn't great. I'll take 2 losses in the regular season and a NY6 game any year. 8-4 Should be our floor goal. I don't think Will can get us beyond 8 wins, even with a better schedule next year. Good kid. Not a good QB.

I want what you want, we just differ on what we're seeing out of this team and QB.

I've enjoyed this season and am positive about the future. Even with the deficiencies.

Prolly best to just leave it there.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login