Question about Arnett that I haven't seen addressed

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
How is he with recruiting? Is he aggressive at it, does he love it? The one criticism most of us had about Mullen and Leach is they didn't live for recruiting. JWS was the last coach we've had who made it his top priority. Do we know Arnett's thoughts on NIL and portal?

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
He seems pretty active- I don’t think that will be an issue for him.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
The more I think about this hire, the more I like it. Who are the best two coaches in CFB? Saban and Kirby. What are their personalities? No nonsense intensity. What side of the ball do they coach? Defense. I love a defensive coach being in charge. Defensive coaches bring a totally different demeanor to the table and that's what we need. Leach had the same mentality in a way, just not the intensity you see with defensive guys.

Reactions: dawgenstein

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
How is he with recruiting? Is he aggressive at it, does he love it? The one criticism most of us had about Mullen and Leach is they didn't live for recruiting. JWS was the last coach we've had who made it his top priority. Do we know Arnett's thoughts on NIL and portal?
Only comment I've seen is that he's not a schmoozer but the players that play for him love him.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I would think that the “Leach didn’t like recruiting” myth would have been largely dispelled by now with all of the stories that have been told over the last several days.
I don't much follow 'crootin', but i do understand how important it is. I'm going off recruiting rankings, Mike loved people, but I don't know he lived for recruiting the way Saban and many other coaches do. Mullen certainly didn't, he made his living on developing 3 stars with high ceilings.

With the portal/NIL I don't know how important recruiting even is? I just hope Arnett is the type who pushes the fan base, administration, rich boosters, etc., to contribute to NIL. Many on this board lamented that the university was painfully slow in embracing NIL and I don't remember Mike saying much about it.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Matt Wyatt answered this on his show. He said Arnett believes it is not about scheme, but about talent. Arnett was the only football coach to attend a NIL even in Tupelo and Arnett was well versed and interested in it.

Reactions: Darryl Steight
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login