Question for the Easy Bake smoker crowd RE:pellets

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
When I first got my smoker in 2020, I actually settled on Pit Boss pellets because for price and smoke they seemed to be the best. When i poured them into the hopper it looked like a lot of Irishmen or Popop’s. Short and sweet, but did the job. Now I buy the same brand and the pellets look like the meme of the guy sitting on the bedside. They tend to stop up because of the massive size. Has anyone else noticed this? I really hope message board genius picks up this thread, just to say there are dozens, DOZENS of us that prefer smaller pellets although deep inside we know the truth.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
No experience with Easy Bake Grills but do have some experience with wood pellet manufacturing .Pellets are extruded in a continuous rod that crumbles into the pellet size you get in the bags. The hardness and brittleness is determined by the moisture content of the sawdust. I’m really not sure whether wet or dry causes what you’re describing. Heat and pressure is all that causes the wood fiber to bind together. I’ve seen extruders that have a rotating blade to chop the pellets as they are extruded It’s probably just a seasonal deal.

Reactions: dorndawg

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Possibly exposed to moisture?

This is why I hate pellet grills. We had to replace the auger motor and some other parts on my dad’s grill because of extreme pellet size sensitivity, and it was no virgin

• Haha
Reactions: BulldogBlitz

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
When I first got my smoker in 2020, I actually settled on Pit Boss pellets because for price and smoke they seemed to be the best. When i poured them into the hopper it looked like a lot of Irishmen or Popop’s. Short and sweet, but did the job. Now I buy the same brand and the pellets look like the meme of the guy sitting on the bedside. They tend to stop up because of the massive size. Has anyone else noticed this? I really hope message board genius picks up this thread, just to say there are dozens, DOZENS of us that prefer smaller pellets although deep inside we know the truth.
If you have an Academy nearby go there for pellets. B&B and Bear Mountain are better quality, and have a much more consistent size. Plus they’re close to the same price as Pit Boss. #averagesizebestsize

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
I have a camp chef and no issues. I really like the camp chef ..had a Treager and prefer Camp Chef …… I hold my Stanley mug while using it

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
No experience with Easy Bake Grills but do have some experience with wood pellet manufacturing .Pellets are extruded in a continuous rod that crumbles into the pellet size you get in the bags. The hardness and brittleness is determined by the moisture content of the sawdust. I’m really not sure whether wet or dry causes what you’re describing. Heat and pressure is all that causes the wood fiber to bind together. I’ve seen extruders that have a rotating blade to chop the pellets as they are extruded It’s probably just a seasonal deal.
Prodessa

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Jeez.
The way some of y’all chum the waters by getting buttthurt over a little ribbing are just as bad as the Hobart welder extremists

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
@mcdawg22 you should know by now that if you’re not grilling and smoking on one you made yourself with scrap pieces of metal you bought at the local trade days that you welded together with your Harbor Freight mig welder and put on cinder blocks then you ain’t grillin brother.
Real mean don't waste valuable resources like scrap steel and welding wire to buy a smoker... All you need is a shovel and an axe my friend.

1000014029.jpg