Question Re New Helmut Graphics

northwoods

Oct 30, 2021
Maybe I just missed it earlier in the season, but I'm curious if anyone else has noticed that our helmets now have a stripe, the player's number, and an additional type of script on them that seems to vary play-to-player (there was a lot of it on Carter's helmet). This thread isn't meant to be negative, but rather just an attempt to learn when the change occurred and what the additional stuff on the helmets is meant to acknowledge or designate. Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: Bison13

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Maybe I just missed it earlier in the season, but I'm curious if anyone else has noticed that our helmets now have a stripe, the player's number, and an additional type of script on them that seems to vary play-to-player (there was a lot of it on Carter's helmet). This thread isn't meant to be negative, but rather just an attempt to learn when the change occurred and what the additional stuff on the helmets is meant to acknowledge or designate. Thanks.
it was planned.

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022
Not sure if this is meant to be serious

Bob78

Oct 12, 2021
Generations of Greatness

I'm guessing you may have very recently become a PSU fan?
PSU has done these very same "Generations of Greatness" throwback uniforms for at least 8 seasons now, as this article is from 2017 and can still be found on the gopsusports.com website.
I believe there is no variance from player to player on any aspect of the script, regardless of where it is on the uniform.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

Here ya go:

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Helmut graphics? Is that pics of some random German dude?😂😂😂

Helmut Schmidt

Helmut Kohl

• Haha
Reactions: PSUJam

JWB389

Oct 7, 2021
That wasn’t script on Carter’s helmet. Helmets vary with the slots on them. It’s a helmet variation, specifically a Riddell Speed flex helmet

Thought maybe he was referring to the padding at the base of the back of the helmet. A lot of teams have varying social agenda slogans there. Didn’t take note of what ours say. Don’t think it’s anything notable but I could be wrong.

IMG_0420.jpeg

Helmet

Last edited:

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Thought maybe he was referring to the padding at the base of the back of the helmet. A lot of teams have varying social agenda slogans there. Didn’t take note of what ours say. Don’t think it’s anything notable but I could be wrong.

View attachment 662321

Helmet
This year’s version had Nittany Lions on that padding on the back of the helmets

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
What I don’t understand is why doesn’t the marketing team for NIL not decide to sell to the public the alternate Generations of Greatness Jerseys? Some nice little different touches and have the generic year number with no name on the back or sell the individual player’s jersey. I think folks would buy at least one of them. They also had some nice items they sent to current PSU NFL players in a box package. Why not sell those items to the public too? Could boost some fund raising.

The hat and jacket are really nice and probably would sell a lot, especially if made in a limited quantity, similar to “allocated” bourbons.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login