Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Serious question:

does it give you guys satisfaction yelling at each other over and over again over political stuff? It’s always the usual suspects on both sides. No one ever wins. No one backs down. No one admits the other side has a good point. Outside of the joy of beating your chest and yelling your opinion into the abyss, what the hell is the point?

I really am curious. If possible please don’t make this thread political and get it locked too.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Serious question:

does it give you guys satisfaction yelling at each other over and over again over political stuff sports rivalries? It’s always the usual suspects on both sides. No one ever wins. No one backs down. No one admits the other side has a good point. Outside of the joy of beating your chest and yelling your opinion into the abyss, what the hell is the point?

I really am curious. If possible please don’t make this thread political and get it locked too.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
When is the last time a sports thread had to be locked because of how everybody was acting? And even when people yell and shout, it never seems that serious. The political threads seem almost religious to the people arguing.

Reactions: The Fatboy

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
When is the last time a sports thread had to be locked because of how everybody was acting? And even when people yell and shout, it never seems that serious. The political threads seem almost religious to the people arguing.
You're not wrong but also take a gander at SEC Rant sometime. Also, I'm not sure we even have any ole miss posters any more? Back in the day they had some who would come over here and mix it up.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
You're not wrong but also take a gander at SEC Rant sometime. Also, I'm not sure we even have any ole miss posters any more? Back in the day they had some who would come over here and mix it up.
I actually miss those guys. A rivalry is supposed to be fun

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
To be honest the arguing about Cohen, Leach, booing, Lemonis, Stricklen, Students, Thursday games, Croom, and soon to be Arnett is just as pointless. Any time passion is involved, that is what you get with human beings.
You are of course right, but the degree of anger in the political posts is hard to understand

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
You are of course right, but the degree of anger in the political posts is hard to understand
Not really . The majority of posters on a sports message board for any large Mississippi school is going to be basically conservative. If the powers that be running such a board decide that it's OK for a hand full of very left leaning people to constantly lurk on the board waiting for someone to throw out an INEVITABLE conservative thought or idea to pounce on it there will always be ensuing "angry" posts. We all have the same right to participate or not or leave or stay. The only part that bothers me is we seem to have lost some posters that I thought really contributed a lot of info and humor to the board.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I've never understood the inability of so many on this board to read something they may disagree with politically or religiously and just move on with their day.
That’s the thing, the people I am talking about seem to wake up every day and want to argue it incessantly.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Serious question:

does it give you guys satisfaction yelling at each other over and over again over political stuff? It’s always the usual suspects on both sides. No one ever wins. No one backs down. No one admits the other side has a good point. Outside of the joy of beating your chest and yelling your opinion into the abyss, what the hell is the point?

You started a political thread and don’t want it to get political?

I have no problem with common ground.

Let me tell you what isn’t common ground.

calling one president or candidate racist for “building a wall” when the opposite party supported the exact same wall

calling one president or candidate an animal for putting kids in cages solely based on a picture released by the media (said picture turns out to be under Obama). Very little effective difference between one policy and the other. Very little EFFECTIVE difference.

calling Hispanics white supremacist but not acknowledging many blacks are just as or more racist than any other race.

abortiion? Trying to force states to be like your state or your thinking. I don’t care if California aborts new borns. I mean I do but I’m not gonna get in their business but stay the 17 out of Mississippi’s business.

abortion? Most people would be ok with abortion with reasonable limits. Clearly defined reasonable limits.

fascism and dictators? The group calling people fascist and dictators want a strong federal government which leads to dictatorships

Sorry if political. Not really.

Im not yelling at anyone. I’m not singling anyone out. I’m singling a significant group and size of people out that are hypocritical based on the above and I could provide documented examples.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
There are tons of old threads between msu and ole miss fans that got locked eventually.

just don’t have a lot of ole miss fans posting anymore.

for some reason people hate talking about politics in public

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
To be honest the arguing about Cohen, Leach, booing, Lemonis, Stricklen, Students, Thursday games, Croom, and soon to be Arnett is just as pointless. Any time passion is involved, that is what you get with human beings.
Correct. It’s not just politics.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Correct. See my post after yours before reading yours.

see we can agree.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Serious question:

Great question but only "political stuff"??? Some on this blog will argue about anything and believe in their mind they are God's gift to humanity so they are right about everything. It's like they are a bunch of Ole Miss frat boys whose mommy and daddy never corrected them when they were wrong.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
That’s the thing, the people I am talking about seem to wake up every day and want to argue it incessantly.
My mother labeled those people as contrarians. I was one in my youth, she said that I'd argue with a fence post. I guess I grew out of it or at least learned to keep my correct opinions to myself. It could be that I just don't give a damn anymore.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Serious question:

I just don’t understand why we have to see the country go down the toilet and half the country is OK with it.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Who knew that Grandpa Simpson was so many folks’ Spirit Animal?

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

season 5 grandpa simpson GIF
Lisa Simpson GIF by The Simpsons

Grandpa Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

going crazy season 7 GIF

• Haha
Reactions: HuskyBDawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
I just don’t understand why we have to see the country go down the toilet and half the country is OK with it.
The country will go where the majority of the people want it to. Whether we like it or not.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
You started a political thread and don’t want it to get political?

I have no problem with common ground.

Let me tell you what isn’t common ground.

calling one president or candidate racist for “building a wall” when the opposite party supported the exact same wall

calling one president or candidate an animal for putting kids in cages solely based on a picture released by the media (said picture turns out to be under Obama). Very little effective difference between one policy and the other. Very little EFFECTIVE difference.

calling Hispanics white supremacist but not acknowledging many blacks are just as or more racist than any other race.

abortiion? Trying to force states to be like your state or your thinking. I don’t care if California aborts new borns. I mean I do but I’m not gonna get in their business but stay the 17 out of Mississippi’s business.

abortion? Most people would be ok with abortion with reasonable limits. Clearly defined reasonable limits.

fascism and dictators? The group calling people fascist and dictators want a strong federal government which leads to dictatorships

Sorry if political. Not really.

Im not yelling at anyone. I’m not singling anyone out. I’m singling a significant group and size of people out that are hypocritical based on the above and I could provide documented examples.
Excellent demonstration of very poor comprehension!

"calling one president or candidate racist for “building a wall” when the opposite party supported the exact same wall"

No, that's not why he was called racist. That's just one reason why he was called dumb. He was called racist for, most closely related to your comment but by far not the only reason, that he called all Mexican immigrants rapists and murderers. Which IS racist.

Not solely. Plenty of difference. Just ask the separated kids that still haven't been found.

Some Hispanics are white supremacists. You accepting that now, or still denying it? And hey, some blacks ARE racist. I don't know who you think has denied that.

Who is trying to force states? Roe vs Wade didn't mandate all the rules, it just set the permissible level of govt intrusion at after viability, for VERY good reasons that you zealots are just now starting to catch onto. It also allowed for reasonable interpretation of how to regulate that, which every state did differently.

Are you in denial that the stated goal of conservatives and Republicans is a national law/amendment that very much tells the states they can't allow abortions?

Why should states stay out of MSs business but MS can't stay out of parents and doctors business?

Like most liberals, I'm fine with outlawing elective abortion, but unlike people like you, I can see the problems in trying to enforce that. Either you leave large loopholes that dishonest people will drive a Mack truck through to enable elective abortion in the name of "medically necessary", or you restrict medically necessary abortions so stringently that you in reality cause medical harm to parents who only wanted a baby but ran into a medical problem. Concern for the latter is what drove the law to be what is was, outright ignorance of the reality of that is what drove people like you to make the law what it is right now.

Indeed. Are you one? Why do you support politicians that aren't those people? Why do you think liberals aren't those people?

Dictatorships often arise from WEAK governments. And there are so many examples of strong govts that have never led to dictatorships. So that wasn't a smart statement.

The Republican Party is clearly on the path to fascism. So why do you support it, if you don't want fascism?

You don't have to answer these of course. I will only respond to intelligent responses or respectful inquiries, so I don't expect this to continue. But if you seek enlightenment, I will help provide it. Have a great day!

Reactions: RivaDawg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The country will go where the majority of the people want it to. Whether we like it or not.
Ah, but the majority changes its mind eventually. And it doesn't do so by ignoring politics and staying quiet.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
Honestly, it’s pretty simple to me.

There are highly educated people out there who genuinely believe, or claim to believe, that Joe Biden is perfectly healthy and competent to serve as sitting president of this country.

There are people who claim to be Christians out there (I’m friends with more than my share) who genuinely believe, or claim to believe, that Donald Trump is a moral man who has done no wrong, personally or professionally.

There is absolutely, positively, zero reason whatsoever to engage in conversation with either of these two groups of people. You have to thoroughly suspend logic and outright lie to yourself to think that Joe Biden is healthy enough to lead this country or that Donald Trump isn’t a foul-mouthed misogynistic opportunist. The fact that they were our choices says much more about us than it does either of them.

Forget politics. Go fishing.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Excellent demonstration of very poor comprehension!

No, that's not why he was called racist. That's just one reason why he was called dumb. He was called racist for, most closely related to your comment but by far not the only reason, that he called all Mexican immigrants rapists and murderers. Which IS racist.

Not solely. Plenty of difference. Just ask the separated kids that still haven't been found.

Some Hispanics are white supremacists. You accepting that now, or still denying it? And hey, some blacks ARE racist. I don't know who you think has denied that.

Who is trying to force states? Roe vs Wade didn't mandate all the rules, it just set the permissible level of govt intrusion at after viability, for VERY good reasons that you zealots are just now starting to catch onto. It also allowed for reasonable interpretation of how to regulate that, which every state did differently.

Are you in denial that the stated goal of conservatives and Republicans is a national law/amendment that very much tells the states they can't allow abortions?

Why should states stay out of MSs business but MS can't stay out of parents and doctors business?

Like most liberals, I'm fine with outlawing elective abortion, but unlike people like you, I can see the problems in trying to enforce that. Either you leave large loopholes that dishonest people will drive a Mack truck through to enable elective abortion in the name of "medically necessary", or you restrict medically necessary abortions so stringently that you in reality cause medical harm to parents who only wanted a baby but ran into a medical problem. Concern for the latter is what drove the law to be what is was, outright ignorance of the reality of that is what drove people like you to make the law what it is right now.

Indeed. Are you one? Why do you support politicians that aren't those people? Why do you think liberals aren't those people?

Dictatorships often arise from WEAK governments. And there are so many examples of strong govts that have never led to dictatorships. So that wasn't a smart statement.

The Republican Party is clearly on the path to fascism. So why do you support it, if you don't want fascism?

You don't have to answer these of course. I will only respond to intelligent responses or respectful inquiries, so I don't expect this to continue. But if you seek enlightenment, I will help provide it. Have a great day!
You are literally the dumbest person on this board.

You make this definitive statement with literally no actual proof. Only opinion.

But when presented with facts you play mental gymnastics.

Fact: There are liberals who want books in schools that have inappropriate material in it. You have agreed its inappropriate. The people fighting against that material have used the actual material as an example of what they don't want in schools.

Fact: Liberals tried to ban huck fin and tom sawyer from schools.

Opinion but an intelligent one: Huck finn and tom sawyer are much more appropriate for K-12 than the book "flamer".

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Even conservative courts have held that this isn’t true to anywhere near the extent some claim. And certainly hasn’t changed elections at the national level.
I have no idea if it had an actual outcome on the national level, but when a republican wins more minority vote than any other republican in decades, when vote percentages swing at the last minute late in the night in closed rooms, when all common sense points to something not on the up and up, what else will americans on the losing side think?

We got russian collusion crammed up our @$$es for 4 years.
We go insurrection thrown at us.
They are still trying to take down DJT.

All i need to know to support the man is to know the establishment on both sides is so against him.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
9. This is a sports message board. Non-sports posts should go to the non-sports board. We don't have a non-sports board, so therefore, you should leave now.

I'm surprised that the mods don't enforce this rule more often but here we are.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Serious question:

This all started when Covid killed sports for a while and sent everyone home to watch the political mouth pieces that used to be known collectively as the Media. For many reasons debated about (of course}, they all became continuous opinion platforms for the Left or Right. They are mostly Left I guess because have been as long as I remember. Some say they are victims of the school's indoctrination, but I think they always lined up on the Left.

Politics became the dominant conversation on television or internet and had a captive audience.

It crossed over to the board at that time because we had nothing else to discuss and the battle lines were drawn. It stewed and forced the mods to read every post. Today, a post is made that is or is perceived to have a political slant and the fight is on. I admit that I was too guilty of starting something either purposely or not. Even attempts at being funny have been pulled into the argument.

I decided yesterday I am going to attempt to let sleeping dogs lie from now on. I finally realized no one wins and fighting for your political opinion on a sports board is pointless. I reserve the right to occasionally try to point out these ridiculous fights and make fun of pointlessness.

I'm out.

Last edited:

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I know no one here cares, and I’m sure I will get the “well…bye” gif, but I think it’s time for me to take a break from this. Maybe I will come back for football season, but this board just isn’t fun to read anymore. It feels to much like the rest of the world. To those of you so angry and ready to fight, I truly am sorry. I hope you guys find some happiness and peace and ultimately find a way to love those who just happen to think differently than you do.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
I’m not even mad. What is happening was prophesied in the Bible.

Romans 1:28

Reprobate minds are in control and Revelations is playing out right in front of us.

Reactions: Maroon13

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
9. This is a sports message board. Non-sports posts should go to the non-sports board. We don't have a non-sports board, so therefore, you should leave now.

I'm assuming on3 (or whoever) makes money from this and other boards via engagement. MSU's base isn't big enough /fanatical enough to keep traffic up year-round without a decent number of OT posts. I, for one, like the OT posts, just read the subject, if it's something that doesn't interest you, just don't click on it.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007

I'm afraid it's now all about the "traffic count" and based on just my own observation it seems to be running more posters off every day,

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Serious question:

You ask this and make the same general comments/point in a lot of the threads.

Does it give you satisfaction to continually do that in the threads you are referencing?
It changes nothing and nobody stops.
To quote a great man- 'what the hell is the point?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login