Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Accusing me of being dumb or lying is a nonsensical response to my post.

I posted reality- so it isn't lying since it's the actual situation at the time of the 2020 election.
And it isn't dumb since it disproves the baseless claim that I was responding to.

Is this another example of you not understanding basic words? You still haven't explained how your non-analogy is an analogy, and now this - a factual list of how part of the government was set up in 2020 makes me dumb or a liar.
You seem to just throw words into a post and hope they make sense or that nobody notices.
You lost at “trump oversaw the fbi”.

I know you are too dumb or dishonest to put that together.

Reactions: M R DAWGS

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I know no one here cares, and I’m sure I will get the “well…bye” gif, but I think it’s time for me to take a break from this. Maybe I will come back for football season, but this board just isn’t fun to read anymore. It feels to much like the rest of the world. To those of you so angry and ready to fight, I truly am sorry. I hope you guys find some happiness and peace and ultimately find a way to love those who just happen to think differently than you do.
Goodbye GIF by Bells and Wishes

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I agree with almost every single conservative comment on here, but find it absolutely tiresome reading ALL the comments. Have you ever convinced someone to change their viewpoint on any social media, much less a message board?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I know no one here cares, and I’m sure I will get the “well…bye” gif, but I think it’s time for me to take a break from this. Maybe I will come back for football season, but this board just isn’t fun to read anymore. It feels to much like the rest of the world. To those of you so angry and ready to fight, I truly am sorry. I hope you guys find some happiness and peace and ultimately find a way to love those who just happen to think differently than you do.
I mean talking about not being able to control emotions.

Its real simple. Just don't read the threads you don't like.

For the record, i'm ok if they stop every political or potentially political thread in its tracks. Just do it from the onset though.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I agree with almost every single conservative comment on here, but find it absolutely tiresome reading ALL the comments. Have you ever convinced someone to change their viewpoint on any social media, much less a message board?
I finally can came to the same conclusion, especially when things started to sound personal in their tone. More importantly, what do you actually get if you win one of these arguments? A personal call from Biden or Trump?

I would like to think if we all actually met face-to-face, we would act much differently.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Who controls the justice system?

Trump was president, SCOTUS was clearly conservative due to Trump's appointees, Trump oversaw the Justice Dept. Trump oversaw the FBI.
Furthermore, multiple lower court judges who heard the baseless claims were registered Republicans.
Further furthermore, multiple state election officials overseeing elections in states claimed to be stolen were Republicans and they didn't support the baseless claims.

So if you were to somehow set all that reality aside, I guess we could then consider your claim and maybe in such a far reaching hypothetical, it could have some validity.

^ the post I responded to is the sort of disconnect from reality that has further divided the country.
One side has reality and the other side has 'well the truth can't be known because 'they' wont allow it'.
now do russian collusion

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I finally can came to the same conclusion, especially when things started to sound personal in their tone. More importantly, what do you actually get if you win one of these arguments? A personal call from Biden or Trump?

I would like to think if we all actually met face-to-face, we would act much differently.
I’d take a call from the South Dakota governor

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Hines is back, btw. I'm guessing he's guaranteed to start at first.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Honestly, it’s pretty simple to me.

There are highly educated people out there who genuinely believe, or claim to believe, that Joe Biden is perfectly healthy and competent to serve as sitting president of this country.

There are people who claim to be Christians out there (I’m friends with more than my share) who genuinely believe, or claim to believe, that Donald Trump is a moral man who has done no wrong, personally or professionally.

There is absolutely, positively, zero reason whatsoever to engage in conversation with either of these two groups of people. You have to thoroughly suspend logic and outright lie to yourself to think that Joe Biden is healthy enough to lead this country or that Donald Trump isn’t a foul-mouthed misogynistic opportunist. The fact that they were our choices says much more about us than it does either of them.

Forget politics. Go fishing.
Yup

Reactions: paindonthurt

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I'm afraid it's now all about the "traffic count" and based on just my own observation it seems to be running more posters off every day,
I don’t think so. Covid made things more open just because we had nothing to talk about. We had a post a couple of weeks ago complaining about threads being locked too soon. If posters are legitimately leaving because of these threads please let me know and I will lock **** up real fast. I can promise you when the foot hits the first ball in August it will tighten up for sure.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yeah he could have fired fauci too or demoted him but we all know how both of those things would have went over.

But you do you man.
Again, everything that I posted earlier was correct. The other poster claimed something, it was a baseless claim, and I provided reason showing it was baseless.

You simply dislike the reality, so you post these responses that are related to the discussion, but don't acknowledge the reality.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Again, everything that I posted earlier was correct. The other poster claimed something, it was a baseless claim, and I provided reason showing it was baseless.

You simply dislike the reality, so you post these responses that are related to the discussion, but don't acknowledge the reality.
Trump was a lame duck president for approximately 8 weeks. A lot of those cases were heard after Biden was inaugurated.

Even if they weren't know one was going to stick their neck out for trump.

Also, most of those cases didn't say there wasn't election interference. They said they didnt have the proof to take the case.

Again, that didn't stop you bozos from yelling "RUSSIAN COLLUSION" for 4 17ing years.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
now do russian collusion
I can't- I don't know what you are referring to.
Is it the claims that were made from the 2016 election almost 7 years ago? Is it some conspiracy about collusion that's current?
Is it the claim that Putin and Trump are in bed? Is is the claim that Putin and some connection to Biden are in bed?

Regardless, what I posted and you responded to with 'now do Russian collusion', is all accurate. Your 'now do' response is typical- it doesn't address or acknowledge what was olbeing discussed and instead pivots off it into an attempt to make a different point.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Trump was a lame duck president for approximately 8 weeks. A lot of those cases were heard after Biden was inaugurated.

Even if they weren't know one was going to stick their neck out for trump.

Also, most of those cases didn't say there wasn't election interference. They said they didnt have the proof to take the case.

Again, that didn't stop you bozos from yelling "RUSSIAN COLLUSION" for 4 17ing years.

I haven't yelled about 2016 Russian collusion.

It has been clearly shown that Russian trolls absolutely flooded Twitter and social media with support for Trump and attacks on Clinton.
But I have no idea how much that actually swayed the election, if at all.
It very well could have made no impact at all- I don't know.

I personally saw all the over the top memes, gifs, and fake articles and dismissed them as obviously fake. So if most/all others did the same, then there would be no actual impact from the Russian efforts.

So yeah, another whiff from you - I haven't yelled about that.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I haven't yelled about 2016 Russian collusion.

It has been clearly shown that Russian trolls absolutely flooded Twitter and social media with support for Trump and attacks on Clinton.
But I have no idea how much that actually swayed the election, if at all.
It very well could have made no impact at all- I don't know.

I personally saw all the over the top memes, gifs, and fake articles and dismissed them as obviously fake. So if most/all others did the same, then there would be no actual impact from the Russian efforts.

So yeah, another whiff from you - I haven't yelled about that.
You are just stupid.

Trump was blasted for 4 years and still is now about russian collusion. Your party did that. No one else did.

If you thought it was BS, why do you support those people who blasted it 24/7 and still are now?

More mental gymnastics coming in 3, 2, 1...........

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You are just stupid.

Trump was blasted for 4 years and still is now about russian collusion. Your party did that. No one else did.

If you thought it was BS, why do you support those people who blasted it 24/7 and still are now?

Who are the people I support who blasted it 24/7 and continue to do so?

If someone I support was pushing the Russian Collusion narrative, perhaps they don't now. Or if they still do, perhaps I view other initiatives/interests/goals of theirs as more important.
You see, I have yet to know of a candidate who I agree with 100% of the time. As such, I must then decide to either fully reject them for the small things I disagree with, or I need to accept that where our interests align outweigh where our views diverge.

Again, it must be exhausting to have so much perpetual outrage.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
....but challenges every thought that is the least bit conservative in any way, political or not. You trolls know what you're doing and it's a shame you've been allowed to get by with it but it is what it is.
How dare somebody not go with the status quo!***

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
You are just stupid.

I guess you can quibble and nitpick over what the exact definition of "collusion" is, but it was the Republican Senate Intelligence Committee that came to this conclusion in 2020:

The Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday released the final report on its investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, finding numerous contacts between the Trump campaign and Moscow posed a "grave" counterintelligence threat.

"We found irrefutable evidence of Russian meddling," Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., acting chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said in a statement, directly refuting President Donald Trump's repeated assertions that Russian interference was a "hoax" perpetrated by Democrats.

The committee, however, did not find any evidence of a coordinated scheme between the Trump campaign and Moscow, Rubio said.

The nearly 1,000-page report outlines the "breathtaking level of contacts between Trump officials and Russian government operatives that is a very real counterintelligence threat to our elections," Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., the committee’s top Democrat, said in a statement.

The bipartisan congressional report closes the panel's three-year probe into the Kremlin-led operation to influence and interfere in the 2016 presidential election. The fifth and final report involved interviewing 200 witnesses and examining more than 1 million documents, the committee said.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
Serious question:

does it give you guys satisfaction yelling at each other over and over again over political stuff? It’s always the usual suspects on both sides. No one ever wins. No one backs down. No one admits the other side has a good point. Outside of the joy of beating your chest and yelling your opinion into the abyss, what the hell is the point?

I really am curious. If possible please don’t make this thread political and get it locked too.
That’s what happens when your politics becomes your entire identity.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Who are the people I support who blasted it 24/7 and continue to do so?

If someone I support was pushing the Russian Collusion narrative, perhaps they don't now. Or if they still do, perhaps I view other initiatives/interests/goals of theirs as more important.
You see, I have yet to know of a candidate who I agree with 100% of the time. As such, I must then decide to either fully reject them for the small things I disagree with, or I need to accept that where our interests align outweigh where our views diverge.

Again, it must be exhausting to have so much perpetual outrage.
Tell me about it. You libs are always mad.

Mad at civilians defending themselves
Mad bc orange man is a meanie weenie
Mad bc the rich aren’t taxed enough

Always victims

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I guess you can quibble and nitpick over what the exact definition of "collusion" is, but it was the Republican Senate Intelligence Committee that came to this conclusion in 2020:

The Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday released the final report on its investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, finding numerous contacts between the Trump campaign and Moscow posed a "grave" counterintelligence threat.
Not collusion

"We found irrefutable evidence of Russian meddling," Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., acting chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said in a statement, directly refuting President Donald Trump's repeated assertions that Russian interference was a "hoax" perpetrated by Democrats.
Russia can be meddling in elections without trump being involved even though trump had communications with some Russians.

still no proof of collusion.

The committee, however, did not find any evidence of a coordinated scheme between the Trump campaign and Moscow, Rubio said.
See no collusion.
The nearly 1,000-page report outlines the "breathtaking level of contacts between Trump officials and Russian government operatives that is a very real counterintelligence threat to our elections," Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., the committee’s top Democrat, said in a statement.
Still no collusion.
The bipartisan congressional report closes the panel's three-year probe into the Kremlin-led operation to influence and interfere in the 2016 presidential election. The fifth and final report involved interviewing 200 witnesses and examining more than 1 million documents, the committee said.
So 3 years and 5 reports and NO COLLUSION.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Honestly, it’s pretty simple to me.

There are highly educated people out there who genuinely believe, or claim to believe, that Joe Biden is perfectly healthy and competent to serve as sitting president of this country.

There are people who claim to be Christians out there (I’m friends with more than my share) who genuinely believe, or claim to believe, that Donald Trump is a moral man who has done no wrong, personally or professionally.
For the record, I don’t think trump is some morally superior man by any means.
i don’t think he’s anymore misogynistic than say bill Clinton or other politicians either.

i don’t really care either.

i want results. Our system is broken and shaking things up is good.

Trump also had some results and without COVID he’d easily be president right now. Mail in voting doomed him and it may doom any republicans chance in the near future if we don’t ballot harvest like the dems.

There is absolutely, positively, zero reason whatsoever to engage in conversation with either of these two groups of people. You have to thoroughly suspend logic and outright lie to yourself to think that Joe Biden is healthy enough to lead this country or that Donald Trump isn’t a foul-mouthed misogynistic opportunist. The fact that they were our choices says much more about us than it does either of them.

Forget politics. Go fishing.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Not collusion

Russia can be meddling in elections without trump being involved even though trump had communications with some Russians.

See no collusion.

Still no collusion.

Like I said, you're free to nitpick and contrive a definition of "collusion" that doesn't fit these facts, but it's clearly not merely a "Democratic hoax" and it's clearly not only Democrats ( "No one else did") who've raised the issue of meddling and contact between his campaign (for example Paul Manafort) and Russian officials.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Trump also had some results and without COVID he’d easily be president right now. Mail in voting doomed him and it may doom any republicans chance in the near future if we don’t ballot harvest like the dems.
What do you mean "if we don't ballot harvest like the dems" ? Mail-ins and drop-offs are a key factor in Republican efforts in Florida, Arizona, Utah, Oregon, and plenty of other states, including every swing state in 2020. The system didn't beat your guy in 2020, he just blew it with his personality and performance. Any state party (Republican or Democratic) that doesn't know how to compete with mail-in voting can easily get a lesson in it from another state's party if need be.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Like I said, you're free to nitpick and contrive a definition of "collusion" that doesn't fit these facts, but it's clearly not merely a "Democratic hoax" and it's clearly not only Democrats ( "No one else did") who've raised the issue of meddling and contact between his campaign (for example Paul Manafort) and Russian officials.
It clearly isn’t collusion.

I’m sorry you didn’t find the boogeyman you were looking for.

how about working with a 3rd party to dig up dirt on trump. Or how about “colluding” with a 3rd party to dig up dirt on trump. Aka the very fake Steele dossier.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
What do you mean "if we don't ballot harvest like the dems" ? Mail-ins and drop-offs are a key factor in Republican efforts in Florida, Arizona, Utah, Oregon, and plenty of other states, including every swing state in 2020. The system didn't beat your guy in 2020, he just blew it with his personality and performance. Any state party (Republican or Democratic) that doesn't know how to compete with mail-in voting can easily get a lesson in it from another state's party if need be.
Without mail in voting Biden doesn’t win. Not a fact but damn near one.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Not collusion

See no collusion.

Still no collusion.

Why is "collusion" the only thing that matters on this issue? The Mueller Report found sufficient evidence of crimes that merited impeachment. That matters to the rest of us.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Mail in voting doomed him and it may doom any republicans chance in the near future if we don’t ballot harvest like the dems.
You do realize all this "ballot harvesting" was, was Dems efficiently getting people that supported them and wanted to vote for them to get their vote legally submitted and counted, right? Without the unnecessary restrictions on voting carefully constructed to put a thumb on the scale for Republicans, yall would never win, and yes you'll have to find ways to reestablish that to continue you're minority rule ways.

Reactions: PRAVan1996

PRAVan1996

Mar 7, 2023
Without mail in voting Biden doesn’t win. Not a fact but damn near one.
I'll try to find the study but there was one done on mail in voting and it showed that republicans and democrats use mail in voting at similar levels. So the idea that it only benefits democrats isn't remotely close to a fact.

ETA - This isn't the study but it's a story that references a couple of different ones: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/25/us/vote-by-mail-coronavirus.html

If you don't want to read the whole article (or if it's paywalled), here's a relevant quote:

A new working paper by the Institute for Economic Policy Research at Stanford University concluded that mail balloting modestly increased voter turnout but that both parties benefited more or less equally from the surge. Other academic studies have reached largely similar conclusions.

The Stanford study seemed especially solid because it looked at mail balloting as it was being gradually rolled out in three states — California, Utah and Washington — allowing researchers to compare counties that voted by mail with counties in the same states that did not.

Last edited:
Reactions: dorndawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I'll try to find the study but there was one done on mail in voting and it showed that republicans and democrats use mail in voting at similar levels. So the idea that it only benefits democrats isn't remotely close to a fact.

ETA - This isn't the study but it's a story that references a couple of different ones: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/25/us/vote-by-mail-coronavirus.html

If you don't want to read the whole article (or if it's paywalled), here's a relevant quote:
Facts & reality are meaningless, they have a known liberal bias.

Reactions: PRAVan1996

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Serious question:

does it give you guys satisfaction yelling at each other over and over again over political stuff? It’s always the usual suspects on both sides. No one ever wins. No one backs down. No one admits the other side has a good point. Outside of the joy of beating your chest and yelling your opinion into the abyss, what the hell is the point?

I really am curious. If possible please don’t make this thread political and get it locked too.
Honestly, I like to understand what people are thinking and this is a diverse forum. Also, and I do not mean this as some backhanded dig, most of my family falls between full on MAGA "cult" member, and "I don't really like Trump, but I still think he is a better choice than the libs." Feedback here gives me some idea of what the fam is thinking, hearing, believing, so it helps me know how/if I should interact when they begin blow harding about Biden taking away my gas stove. I feel like my old party has jumped the shark, and all for DT, and I cannot understand it at all.

I also make it a goal not to personalize it or call names on here, because I wouldn't do that in person. It is completely possible that at least one person on this board who hates me for not toeing any party line, is a friend IRL...

Reactions: FQDawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
... it helps me know how/if I should interact when they begin blow harding about Biden taking away my gas stove.
Ha, so over the weekend I heard a synopsis of a vote that failed last week concerning gas stoves.

Apparently Matt Gates and others are so pissed at McCarthy for coming to an agreement with Biden on the debt ceiling that they are going to do what they can to tank votes moving forward until the group feels McCarthy understands he needs to 'be in a monogamous relationship with us and not get in the car' with others. It was an odd quote from Gates.

Anyways...
- 5 months ago, Republicans and conservative media misrepresents a topic and it takes off like a wildfire on social media since it is such a sensationalized topic and so over the top sounding. Outrage ensues.
- Biden is blamed for wanting to take our stoves, its claimed all gas stoves will be banned, etc etc. In reality, a CPSC employee said that 'any option is on the table. Products that cant be made safe can be banned' when discussing the connection between gas stoves and indoor pollution as well as childhood asthma. The employee also said that options besides a ban include 'setting standards on emissions from the appliances.'
- Again, Republican representatives and conservative media lose their collective mind and just make stuff up in addition to or instead of what was said. Hysteria and outrage are everywhere.
- McCarthy tried to get a vote passed that would ban gas stoves being banned last week.
- Some of the very people who were hysterical and outraged over the misrepresented comments from 5 months ago then had the chance to actually vote in support of what they were outraged over and instead voted against it. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ga...ouse-republicans-express-frustration-mccarthy

^ If you laid this out for a 12 year old to analyze, they would look at you with total confusion. That is how completely dumb our representatives are- their actions dont even make sense to a 12 year old.
And sure, it could be claimed that they are actually being really smart and playing great politics, but in the end they didnt even support something that they were furious over.

Add Bobert on video running in panic to get to a vote she had missed, then claiming on video she actually chose to not participate in the vote because she disagreed with the vote(thats why you vote 'no'!) even though video of her running to the vote clearly shows otherwise, and it is no surprise that the upcoming election will be something straight out of South Park.
Legislators are clowns(both sides) and I will take a big sigh of regret and shake my head in sadness at whoever manages to become President.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Ha, so over the weekend I heard a synopsis of a vote that failed last week concerning gas stoves.

Apparently Matt Gates and others are so pissed at McCarthy for coming to an agreement with Biden on the debt ceiling that they are going to do what they can to tank votes moving forward until the group feels McCarthy understands he needs to 'be in a monogamous relationship with us and not get in the car' with others. It was an odd quote from Gates.

Anyways...
- 5 months ago, Republicans and conservative media misrepresents a topic and it takes off like a wildfire on social media since it is such a sensationalized topic and so over the top sounding. Outrage ensues.
- Biden is blamed for wanting to take our stoves, its claimed all gas stoves will be banned, etc etc. In reality, a CPSC employee said that 'any option is on the table. Products that cant be made safe can be banned' when discussing the connection between gas stoves and indoor pollution as well as childhood asthma. The employee also said that options besides a ban include 'setting standards on emissions from the appliances.'
- Again, Republican representatives and conservative media lose their collective mind and just make stuff up in addition to or instead of what was said. Hysteria and outrage are everywhere.
- McCarthy tried to get a vote passed that would ban gas stoves being banned last week.
- Some of the very people who were hysterical and outraged over the misrepresented comments from 5 months ago then had the chance to actually vote in support of what they were outraged over and instead voted against it. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ga...ouse-republicans-express-frustration-mccarthy

^ If you laid this out for a 12 year old to analyze, they would look at you with total confusion. That is how completely dumb our representatives are- their actions dont even make sense to a 12 year old.
And sure, it could be claimed that they are actually being really smart and playing great politics, but in the end they didnt even support something that they were furious over.

Add Bobert on video running in panic to get to a vote she had missed, then claiming on video she actually chose to not participate in the vote because she disagreed with the vote(thats why you vote 'no'!) even though video of her running to the vote clearly shows otherwise, and it is no surprise that the upcoming election will be something straight out of South Park.
Legislators are clowns(both sides) and I will take a big sigh of regret and shake my head in sadness at whoever manages to become President.
Mine is I've noticed a big upticket in "Uniparty" complaints after the debt ceiling fiasco. Because it can't be that the far right position was unworkable and was never intended to become law (because if it did chaos and destruction would follow, and Big Corps don't want that), no, it has to be that it's all a con that all of them are in on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login