Status
Not open for further replies.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
thanks for proving my point, guys

benicio del toro GIF by FilmStruck

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
I'm assuming on3 (or whoever) makes money from this and other boards via engagement. MSU's base isn't big enough /fanatical enough to keep traffic up year-round without a decent number of OT posts. I, for one, like the OT posts, just read the subject, if it's something that doesn't interest you, just don't click on it.
The problem isn't with OT posts. I usually skip those myself, especially if they have a political basis.

The problem is with otherwise sports-related posts that devolve into whatever political hot topic everyone is all up in arms about that week. Because we have far too many posters here that think their political opinions mean anything to everyone else. It's exhausting.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
When a post about sports is made in a thread about sports, and a quoted reply to that post is something like 'well you are a 17ing moron and support grooming, so your view is worthless', there is little chance of keeping political talk out of threads.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Not really . The majority of posters on a sports message board for any large Mississippi school is going to be basically conservative. If the powers that be running such a board decide that it's OK for a hand full of very left leaning people to constantly lurk on the board waiting for someone to throw out an INEVITABLE conservative thought or idea to pounce on it there will always be ensuing "angry" posts. We all have the same right to participate or not or leave or stay. The only part that bothers me is we seem to have lost some posters that I thought really contributed a lot of info and humor to the board.
Ha, so all this is the fault of the small group who almost never even starts the contentious political threads?
Seems reasonable.***

Reactions: Dawgg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
IBMD said it started with covid, and while I agree with his examples showing why it was out of control then and has largely continued, I think it really started a few years prior.

There had been a group of people that felt like they couldn't voice their views because their views were seen as hateful/dangerous/insensitive/conspiratorial.
Then that group was metaphorically freed by way of the '16 election, the ability to now just dismiss reality and preach alternative facts, and the easy ability to find like minded others via increased use of fringe message boards like 8chan etc, and the passive permission to attack and vilify when having conversations.

Meanwhile, a small % on the left has become extremely vocal in that same time frame. They are pushing pretty radical concepts and hold a 'with us or against us' attitude with a lot of vile that is spewed to anyone who finds themselves on the 'against' side of things.

The right then focuses on that small % of extremists and claims it is representative of everyone.
The left focuses on that small % of extremists and claims it is representative of everyone.

Outrage politics are, from where I sit, the least productive and most destructive societal issue we have had in the last decade. Unfortunately, culture war topics are an easy to generate interest in media and for politician donations.
The stuff that impacts 1% of our population takes up 80% of bandwidth in state legislatures. Meanwhile, actual issues that actually impact a large majority of people go largely unaddressed.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The problem isn't with OT posts. I usually skip those myself, especially if they have a political basis.

The problem is with otherwise sports-related posts that devolve into whatever political hot topic everyone is all up in arms about that week. Because we have far too many posters here that think their political opinions mean anything to everyone else. It's exhausting.
concur

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Ha, so all this is the fault of the small group who almost never even starts the contentious political threads?
Seems reasonable.***
....but challenges every thought that is the least bit conservative in any way, political or not. You trolls know what you're doing and it's a shame you've been allowed to get by with it but it is what it is.

Reactions: M R DAWGS

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I don’t come to this board for political discussions. In fact every time I see some rant on the pack opposite of my strong beliefs it just annoys me so about a year ago I took a 3 month vacation from the pack because I found that I wasn’t laughing while here anymore. When I came back I decided to just put certain posters on ignore when they started their usual crap. So far I think I have 4 on ignore and that has almost completely eliminated the issue. There are way more than enough places to go debate politics. This isn’t one of them.

Reactions: Fritz!

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Not really . The majority of posters on a sports message board for any large Mississippi school is going to be basically conservative.
I am not so sure any longer. Seems to be more liberals on this particular message board than conservatives. Then Oktibbeha county voted blue the last two presidential elections.....barf.

Reactions: M R DAWGS

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Oh, please, stop with the ‘stolen’ (lost) election. 0-62 in federal court cases challenging the 2020 election. Either Rudy is the worst attorney in America or there was nothing to the ‘stolen’ claim.
Courts that refuse to hear a case = a lost court case?

Some very powerful people control the justice system.

Orange man’s case was never gonna be heard regardless. They don’t want any more riots.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Oh, please, stop with the ‘stolen’ (lost) election. 0-62 in federal court cases challenging the 2020 election. Either Rudy is the worst attorney in America or there was nothing to the ‘stolen’ claim.
Biggest problem with this country is that neither side will simply accept the results of a fair election. The losing side has fraudulently fought to impeach every president since Clinton. Both sides have called for criminal investigations of every president since Clinton & now one has been indicted. This behavior by both sides will destroy this country faster than anything.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021

Orange man’s case was never gonna be heard regardless. They don’t want any more riots.
Like the fellows who fly Clarence Thomas private to their hatch-wait, he is one of the conservatives. Cause me.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Like the fellows who fly Clarence Thomas private to their hatch-wait, he is one of the conservatives. Cause me.
That’s fine, as long as you understand that there’s corruption on both sides. Drop the hypocrisy

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Serious question:

does it give you guys satisfaction yelling at each other over and over again over political stuff? It’s always the usual suspects on both sides. No one ever wins. No one backs down. No one admits the other side has a good point. Outside of the joy of beating your chest and yelling your opinion into the abyss, what the hell is the point?

I really am curious. If possible please don’t make this thread political and get it locked too.
Thanks Obama!

Reactions: paindonthurt

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
....but challenges every thought that is the least bit conservative in any way, political or not. You trolls know what you're doing and it's a shame you've been allowed to get by with it but it is what it is.
Is every thought challenged?...or are comments about extremist outrage issues what is challenged?
Ignorant stuff like claiming people like to wack off kids dicks(still shocked that wording was used for multiple reasons), the election was stolen, trans people want to molest kids in bathrooms, reproductive health eduction is worthless, etc is what's frequently pushed back on.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Who controls the justice system?

Trump was president, SCOTUS was clearly conservative due to Trump's appointees, Trump oversaw the Justice Dept. Trump oversaw the FBI.
Furthermore, multiple lower court judges who heard the baseless claims were registered Republicans.
Further furthermore, multiple state election officials overseeing elections in states claimed to be stolen were Republicans and they didn't support the baseless claims.

So if you were to somehow set all that reality aside, I guess we could then consider your claim and maybe in such a far reaching hypothetical, it could have some validity.

^ the post I responded to is the sort of disconnect from reality that has further divided the country.
One side has reality and the other side has 'well the truth can't be known because 'they' wont allow it'.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Serious question:

does it give you guys satisfaction yelling at each other over and over again over political stuff? It’s always the usual suspects on both sides. No one ever wins. No one backs down. No one admits the other side has a good point. Outside of the joy of beating your chest and yelling your opinion into the abyss, what the hell is the point?

I really am curious. If possible please don’t make this thread political and get it locked too.
You don't hafta participate or even click. Just treat them like I do soccer threads.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
And no doubt you will one day find evidence of our dastardly schemes.
Well with the FBI and DOJ helping you out, probably not.

The laptop from hell was called Russian disinformation.

That is election interference. Many have said they would have voted differently. But media and big tech was told to suppress it

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Well with the FBI and DOJ helping you out, probably not.

The laptop from hell was called Russian disinformation.

That is election interference. Many have said they would have voted differently. But media and big tech was told to suppress it
Sounds like you've got it figured out. Welp, the jig is up, gang.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I'm afraid it's now all about the "traffic count" and based on just my own observation it seems to be running more posters off every day,
Do you really think anyone believes you've been keeping numbers on those leaving cuz of political threads?

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Not really . The majority of posters on a sports message board for any large Mississippi school is going to be basically conservative. If the powers that be running such a board decide that it's OK for a hand full of very left leaning people to constantly lurk on the board waiting for someone to throw out an INEVITABLE conservative thought or idea to pounce on it there will always be ensuing "angry" posts. We all have the same right to participate or not or leave or stay. The only part that bothers me is we seem to have lost some posters that I thought really contributed a lot of info and humor to the board.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. I've noticed conservatives often overestimate how common their beliefs are on some issues.

Reactions: FQDawg and patdog

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Who controls the justice system?

Trump was president, SCOTUS was clearly conservative due to Trump's appointees, Trump oversaw the Justice Dept. Trump oversaw the FBI.
Furthermore, multiple lower court judges who heard the baseless claims were registered Republicans.
Further furthermore, multiple state election officials overseeing elections in states claimed to be stolen were Republicans and they didn't support the baseless claims.

So if you were to somehow set all that reality aside, I guess we could then consider your claim and maybe in such a far reaching hypothetical, it could have some validity.

^ the post I responded to is the sort of disconnect from reality that has further divided the country.
One side has reality and the other side has 'well the truth can't be known because 'they' wont allow it'.
Again you all are either dumb or blatantly lying

PLEASE LOCK THIS UP.

please lock every thread up that I respond to these useless idiots so I won’t be one

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

PLEASE LOCK THIS UP.

please lock every thread up that I respond to these useless idiots so I won’t be one
I've noticed that whoever is complaining to the refs, is usually the one getting their àss kicked ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

PLEASE LOCK THIS UP.

Accusing me of being dumb or lying is a nonsensical response to my post.

I posted reality- so it isn't lying since it's the actual situation at the time of the 2020 election.
And it isn't dumb since it disproves the baseless claim that I was responding to.

Is this another example of you not understanding basic words? You still haven't explained how your non-analogy is an analogy, and now this - a factual list of how part of the government was set up in 2020 makes me dumb or a liar.
You seem to just throw words into a post and hope they make sense or that nobody notices.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Serious question:

No. It’s why I don’t do it. But I’ve let every family member of mine on the opposite side know that I understand minute of angle, muzzle velocity, and bullet coefficient better than they ever will and they can take their chances on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login