Realistically, there is no way we play in the bowl game, right?

af102

May 17, 2009
I can’t imagine the team and coaching staff will be in any shape to pull together something with any semblance of a normal bowl practice. On top of that, we don’t even have a permanent AD to help navigate everything going on right now.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I hope you are joking. There is nothing this team needs more than a bowl game to focus on. Coach Leach would be furious with everyone if they decided to forgo the bowl game. Look what he did last year with a decimated team. There is no finer tribute to him than to "finish what he started!"

Dawgfan61

Mar 2, 2008
I can’t imagine the team and coaching staff will be in any shape to pull together something with any semblance of a normal bowl practice. On top of that, we don’t even have a permanent AD to help navigate everything going on right now.
One of my fondest memories of Leach, is that during Covid 2020, he could have said we are not playing Georgia because we were WELL below the threshold of players eligible to play. I think we had 44?? I could be wrong. Anyway the point still stands, we went and played them. We did not take the easy way out like so many schools did. We went and played them and were competitive, we could have won the damn game.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
I feel that Leach literally gave his life for our program. I think he pushed himself too hard down the stretch. No way we quit on that. That would be extremely disrespectful to just refuse to play.

atomic dawg

Apr 4, 2019
It will be a very emotional game. Its hard to say how it would go but I think they should play. Thats would Leach would want. Thats the best way they could honor him I would think.

Reactions: msstatelp1

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I will rehash what I said yesterday about this. You take as much time as needed to let the players and staff make a decision. Then you support completely whatever that decision is regardless if they decide to play or not. I would imagine after the initial shock wears off that they will decide to honor their fallen coach and play.

Reactions: Maroon13

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Not enough downvotes to give the OP.

Not only are we playing, but Illinois does not stand a chance.

If Brett Favre can throw 5 TD passes or whatever the day after his father dies, just wait to see what these men will do to honor Coach Leach.
Exactly. We play this game to honor Coach Leach. No doubt in my mind that we destroy Illinois.

Nov 25, 2019
One of the most shocking deaths related to MSU sports was Keffer McGee. The news of that knocked me to my seat that day. I can't imagine the impact his death had on the team.

anyways, Keffer left us August 5. The team played Memphis August 31 or so.
I remember it well. JJ Johnson came in and ran it well. Last second FG won it.

Reactions: GloryDawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
There is another fan base and program involved. It wouldn't be right for them. Yeah, I am sure they could find another program to come but it probably would not be a SEC team or a team with a winning record.

revereno

Jun 17, 2014
Ever seen a team or person that has found their WHY?

This team will have theirs.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Not playing this Bowl game, in a stadium adorned by Pirates and Pirate ship in the endzone, would be the antithesis of Mike Leach.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login