Realistically, there is no way we play in the bowl game, right?

West Tn Dawg

Mar 2, 2008
I can’t imagine the team and coaching staff will be in any shape to pull together something with any semblance of a normal bowl practice. On top of that, we don’t even have a permanent AD to help navigate everything going on right now.
I can't imagine us not playing! I promise you the team will be determined to send coach out with another bowl win!~!!

Reactions: msstatelp1

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Someone asked in another thread if the stadium would give those going permission to make a memorial out of the ship.

To those going, and I would now but I've got a baby on the way, do not ask for permission, just make it happen.
Ask for forgiveness after the fact. I can not see a security guard or stadium official telling you your tribute to the recently deceased coach has to be taken down once it is up. If I remember correctly from the last Outback Bowl the ship usually has two to the three security guards in the area. Hell give them the ole hundred in the shirt pocket for permission to put up your tribute.

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
One of my fondest memories of Leach, is that during Covid 2020, he could have said we are not playing Georgia because we were WELL below the threshold of players eligible to play. I think we had 44?? I could be wrong. Anyway the point still stands, we went and played them. We did not take the easy way out like so many schools did. We went and played them and were competitive, we could have won the damn game.
He also could have canceled the EB in 2020. We only had about 47 for that one.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login