Rece Davis - ESPN says Ole Miss FB is a better job than Florida

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
i make adam levine GIF

Reactions: Irondawg

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I would take UF because proximity to talent still matters. But OM is a better job than FSU. I dont even think they’re close.

Reactions: patdog

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I would take UF because proximity to talent still matters. But OM is a better job than FSU. I dont even think they’re close.
I disagree. OM was right now is reaping the benefit of being really on top of NIL when others were way behind. But with both Florida and Florida state that amount of alumni and the wealth of those alumni collectively is head and shoulders above OM, and honestly most schools in the country.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I’ve said it many times. Kiffin is all in on this season. Hes mot leaving before it’s up. Florida will have a coach before OM’s season is up.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Ole Miss is definitely a better job than Florida this year when you look at their schedules. Sheesh.

2024 is a singular opportunity for Ole Miss: it's the first year of a 12-team CFP and the last year (I'm guessing) of an 8-game SEC schedule, and they have a good team with the easiest schedule in the SEC.

There will likely be better Ole Miss teams but unlikely to ever be an easier path to a 12-team CFP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darryl Steight

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
One thing’s fer sure, if’n ole Joey Freshwater wins at om, he can go anywhere in the country he chooses.

Given the starts of LSU, GA and a new coach in Tuscaloosa, and A&M havin’ a slow start to figurin’ it all out, that gives them another 4 spot leg up on goin’ all in this season. It’s a good a shot as they’ve ever had in modern day ball to make a run but they always seem ta stroll thru the groovy and down the Chumpions Walkway w/their penny loafers & kakis on and say , “Here, hold my zima while I cheer, ‘WE ARE om!’”. And they really haven’t played anyone this season yet and they weren’t close to lookin’ like world beaters last Saturday but Lord willing, the season’ll play out and we shall see if they are rebbies, black bears, or ground guppies….

Last edited:

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Joey Freshwater cares none about Reece Davis (plastic man) thinks. Bikinis year around in Florida he gone if he gets offered.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Ole Miss will be back to middle of the pack or lower if Kiffin leaves. It's not OM thst is a better job. It is OM with Kiffin. They would never have filled thst NIL cupboard without Kiffin or someone just as dynamic! He won instantly there, not because they are a 5 star recruits wet dream. They aren't. Kiffin IS THE DRAW to OM.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The high that OM is in right now won’t last. Never has.
It's already lasting longer than it ever has for either school since 1961 and shows no signs of stopping any time soon. It's a completely new era in college football and one school in Mississippi has been leading the way in adapting to the new rules, while one has buried its head in the sand.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It's already lasting longer than it ever has for either school since 1961 and shows no signs of stopping any time soon. It's a completely new era in college football and one school in Mississippi has been leading the way in adapting to the new rules, while one has buried its head in the sand.
You are an absolute ray of sunshine. The brightest of brights.

patdog

May 28, 2007
You are an absolute ray of sunshine. The brightest of brights.
If we all just ignore their success and refuse to learn lessons about how they’re doing it that we could apply to our football program, maybe it will all just go away like a bad dream.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Ole Miss will be back to middle of the pack or lower if Kiffin leaves. It's not OM thst is a better job. It is OM with Kiffin. They would never have filled thst NIL cupboard without Kiffin or someone just as dynamic! He won instantly there, not because they are a 5 star recruits wet dream. They aren't. Kiffin IS THE DRAW to OM.
Ok, that’s if he leaves. And if he doesn’t anytime soon?

The “just wait until Kiffin leaves” mentality from our side is problematic given that it’s all we seem to be doing….. just hoping and waiting they will regress. With no clear progress being made on our side to elevate to a similar level as they have.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Imagine if our fans got on the same page like supposedly the Reb fans have instead of constantly refusing it, Hmmm
Our fans are too busy trashing our program and pointing out everything negative. OM fans don't even have to waste energy trashing us, we do it for them. I don't understand why so many of our fans are so miserable.

We do the opposite of what they teach in marketing classes, which is maximize the positive and minimize the negative.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darryl Steight

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Bear Byrant once told JWS when JWS was coaching at Alabama that if Florida ever got a good coach, they will be unbeatable. The two good coaches they have had have won NC and their teams were really hard to beat. This year is a one year hit wonder for Ole Miss. Real easy schedule and a lot of guys back. They went all in for this season. What is going to happen next year when the QB is gone? Kiffin at Florida could be a hit after hit after hit. No one hit wonder.

One thing UF has to do is fire Stricklin. He is holding them back.

Taz_Man

Nov 9, 2017
If OM makes the playoff, he is going nowhere. The transfer portal and recruiting window closes before the first round of playoffs. Think he is going to make the playoff then say, "see ya going to Florida" and not play the first round. If he waits until after the playoffs he is stuck with the roster Florida had this year.