Refs do it again

gamecox4982

Jan 21, 2022
I had just told my wife it’s time for that phantom flag and low and behold there it was… I’ve replayed it back and have yet to see hold on 52.

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
I had just told my wife it’s time for that phantom flag and low and behold there it was… I’ve replayed it back and have yet to see hold on 52.
Hmmmm.....seems like you can predict the phantom flag and I can predict a 3 yard flat route when it's 3rd and 18. 3rd and 8, 3rd and 5, etc....

Of course, when it's 3rd and 5 or less - change that play call to a 1 yard flat route.... it's truly maddening.

Reactions: Cockring
Oct 8, 2022
1st down around the 25….ref throws holding flag as Sellars catching the snap. Yeah. Protection mode actvated. 1st and 20 much different
It was definitely not the blatant cheat job vs LSU. And they didnt hit us w that many other than ones we earned. What shocked me was the lack of flags on their OL. I saw so many holds on our DEs not called

Oct 8, 2022
Hmmmm.....seems like you can predict the phantom flag and I can predict a 3 yard flat route when it's 3rd and 18. 3rd and 8, 3rd and 5, etc....

Of course, when it's 3rd and 5 or less - change that play call to a 1 yard flat route.... it's truly maddening.
Obviously part of that is Bamas D was in great coverage and they’re only allowing the check down route thats too short. But yes, at some point, our WRs have to get open, Sellers has to find em, and the OL must protect better

Reactions: I4CtheFuture

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
It was definitely not the blatant cheat job vs LSU. And they didnt hit us w that many other than ones we earned. What shocked me was the lack of flags on their OL. I saw so many holds on our DEs not called
True….lsu was criminal and I still hear national talk shows mention we got hosed and that was weeks ago. But today was strange….the ref behind the safeties for Bama threw it. And threw it a long way quickly? You rarely see that ref make a holding call. Very suspicious

Oct 8, 2022
True….lsu was criminal and I still hear national talk shows mention we got hosed and that was weeks ago. But today was strange….the ref behind the safeties for Bama threw it. And threw it a long way quickly? You rarely see that ref make a holding call. Very suspicious
Yeah it was poorly timed and very ticky tack for sure. The lack of holds against our D line was most shocking though. I counted probably 5 clear ones not called

Reactions: Tngamecock

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Even the KY board was talking about the refs stepping in at any time to help bama before it happened….then they pointed out it happened right on cue.

Even our pious posters that can’t see a double standard have to admit we get strange calls at strange times.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login