Rick Cleveland interview

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
You know what? Forget Will & Raffy.

Boo Ferriss deserves the pole position spot for baseball-- not only for playing but coaching as well and the state award is named for him.)

This ^. If they'd had the Cy Young in 45 and 46, Boo would have won it. He beat every major league line up he faced for the first time. It really is a shame he got injured. He'd probably still own most every pitching record in the MLB

Aug 23, 2012
I haven't seen Joe Fortunato, Dizzy Dean or Jackie Parker noted. All were born outside of Mississippi but have strong ties to Mississippi. Jackie Parker was born and reared in east Tennessee but has strong ties to Mississippi, playing JR college FB and MSU FB then winning the Grey Cup as a player and coach. Dizzy Dean was born in Oklahoma and after his MLB career he moved to Mississippi with his wife from Wiggins. When he was doing the game of the week on TV, he identified with Mississippi so much that people thought he was from Mississippi. Joe Fortunato was from Ohio but played for MSU and retired from the NFL to Natchez where his wife was from. He was a linebacker with the Chicago Bears, named all-pro numerous times as well as named to the NFL all-century team. None of these were born in Mississippi but certainly left their mark here.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I'd put Steve McNair and Reggie Collier above Favre, and even Archie Manning. Favre was fun as hell to watch, and he was fortunate enough to win one SuperBowl. But that 17er was way too reckless and threw drive killing, game killing interceptions in almost a half dozen playoff games where his team was favored.

I guess if you had a mount rushmore for guys who like to text photos of their junk, Favre would be in the top four.

That is a SPICY take, putting Reggie Collier's 1 NFL start (in 1986 for the Cowboys) up against Favre's 298.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I haven't seen Joe Fortunato, Dizzy Dean or Jackie Parker noted. All were born outside of Mississippi but have strong ties to Mississippi. Jackie Parker was born and reared in east Tennessee but has strong ties to Mississippi, playing JR college FB and MSU FB then winning the Grey Cup as a player and coach. Dizzy Dean was born in Oklahoma and after his MLB career he moved to Mississippi with his wife from Wiggins. When he was doing the game of the week on TV, he identified with Mississippi so much that people thought he was from Mississippi. Joe Fortunato was from Ohio but played for MSU and retired from the NFL to Natchez where his wife was from. He was a linebacker with the Chicago Bears, named all-pro numerous times as well as named to the NFL all-century team. None of these were born in Mississippi but certainly left their mark here.

They still make Ole Diz charcoal? Haven't seen it in ages.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login